SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 ... 1146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Just posted on X…
Butler Police Department confirms the arrest of Mark Violets, identified as the Trump shooter and a known antifa extremist. Before the attack, he uploaded a video on YouTube claiming "justice was coming."

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6467 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Witness said shooter was on a rooftop 40' away. Geez

If true what's the problem? The Sigforum security experts think Trump getting shot is acceptable. God forbid if the VIP they are supposed to protect gets shot. Shit happens, amirite?

WTF Roll Eyes

Read the thread. Secret service FUCKED UP. Some members want to give them a pass. There is NO excusing this. Trump was on stage in a predetermined location. If they can't protect a VIP on stage then they shouldn't be handling his security. I don't need "years of experience" to know this.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Trump with blood across his face and his fist in the air while the crowd chants "USA! USA!" – That moment will live forever in American history, like the flag raising at Iwo Jima.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Several hundred yards? Seems like the shooter had some skills. And if so, we get lucky.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13082 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Just posted on X…

Link?

Posts: 17620 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
This is the cumulative effect of BLM, Antifa, ACAB, Occupy Wall Street, Maddox, Goldberg, Morning Joe, etc, etc

Posts: 1981 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I just remembered that Teddy Roosevelt survived an assassination attempt, and it didn't even stop him from speaking.
Donald Trump now ranks in sheer manliness with TR, the toughest hombre to be president since Ulysses S Grant.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
“It would have required a rifle,” he said. “It was several hundred yards.”

From CNN main page

According to the diagram HRK posted on the previous page, only 141 yards. But yes, still a rifle.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16893 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Now when will they go after Biden for his rhetoric???

"We’re done talking about the debate, it’s time to put Trump in a bullseye." -Joe Biden, 7/8/24

Yep,

https://100percentfedup.com/fi...den-told-donors-its/

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24230 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
WTF? I thought USSS was supposed to be on every rooftop in sniper distance and have eyes on every window in sniper distance..

When Dan Quayle visited Purdue while I was a student he walked across campus (i.e. multistory buildings) and there was a sniper on every roof.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23651 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I just remembered that Teddy Roosevelt survived an assassination attempt, and it didn't even stop him from speaking.
Donald Trump now ranks in sheer manliness with TR, the toughest hombre to be president since Ulysses S Grant.

At 78? And, pumped his fist, "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!", after the attempt on his life? I'd say, he the manliest of them all, doc.

Q

Posts: 27511 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's almost as the SS were incompetent on purpose.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34390 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This is nuts.

https://x.com/sharpfootball/st...265909727396107?s=42

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Before we get too far down the road with Mark Violets, I have my doubts because the shooter doesn't look anything like him.

Posts: 17620 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24230 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
After the bangs, Trump fell to the ground.

This quote is from a news report a few pages back, so I can't easily find the source right now.
It was clear to me that Trump did not "fall", he dropped to the ground, instantly recognizing what had happened. He remained cool throughout, asking for his shoes before he was taken away for medical attention.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
It's almost as the SS were incompetent on purpose.
STOP IT

I guarantee you that you just want to shut the fuck up right now.

Word to the wise.

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
This is the cumulative effect of BLM, Antifa, ACAB, Occupy Wall Street, Maddox, Goldberg, Morning Joe, etc, etc

Agreed.

And it’s way too early to lay blame on the USSS. Come on guys, we don’t know jack squat yet. I’m glad DJT is OK.

P229

Posts: 3946 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post