SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 ... 1096
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The sentencing has been moved to September, if ever.

Posts: 108693 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Ah ok. Thanks. I can reset my brain.

Posts: 53597 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Biden still at the absolute top of his game!!!!
Introduces Zelensky as President Putin!!

Well, he never could tell a friend from an enemy.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4965 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Team Biden (Dr. --- no, not that kind of a doctor --- Jill, James and Hunter) are angling for a bigger payout for Joe's pull out. Immunity from prosecution --- no, not prostitution ---.

I love Joe F***ing Biden --- his family is the best family money can buy!

Posts: 2561 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
Even IF they could be produced, and even IF people would buy them without being forced to, I don’t think that the energy production capacity in the USA could even support such folly or anything close to it.

I'd be curious how the thousands without power here in Houston are managing their EVs.
I'd imagine the average income for most EV owners likely is enough to have a generator.

We're currently 75 hours without power at my house.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15801 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I'd imagine the average income for most EV owners likely is enough to have a generator.

and what pecentage of the populaton do they comprise?

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Imo, choose this guy and kiss your chance goodbye, as I've said before.

Anti-Trump, Uniparty Leader Karl Rove Endorses North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum for Trump’s VP

By Jim Hᴏft | Jul. 12, 2024 9:30 am

Anti-Trump Uniparty leader Karl Rove has endorsed North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum as former President Donald Trump’s running mate for the upcoming election.

The endorsement came on Thursday, just days before the Republican National Convention is set to take place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin next week.

Trump has yet to officially announce his choice for vice president. On June 23, Trump told the media that he made his selection, but said that he had not shared his pick with anyone, including the presumptive nominee.

On June 21, NBC reported that President Trump had narrowed his VP search to Vance, Burgum, and Rubio.

On July 8, Trump confirmed to Sean Hannity that Vance, Burgum, and Rubio were under consideration.

On June 16, J.D. Vance convincingly won a VP preference straw poll conducted by Richard Baris at Turning Point USA. Among the 1,986 attendees polled, Vance received 43% of the vote.

Tim Scott received 15%. Doug Burgum and Marco Rubio each received 7%. However, the Turning Point faction represents only part of Trump’s coalition.

Turning Point favors the populist Vance, but Burgum boasts executive experience in the private sector and as governor. Vance, Burgum, and Rubio spoke against Trump in recent years but reconciled with the President.

Per the Trump campaign, President Trump’s VP announcement will come as soon as the first day of the RNC Convention, July 15.

According to Breitbart, Karl Rove has officially endorsed North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum as former President Donald Trump’s ideal vice-presidential candidate.

quote:
“Doug Burgum is not only the safe pick, but also gives him some advantage in that he’s got a successful governor, who’s the governor of the second-largest energy producing state in the union,” Rove explained.

“If you want to make energy an issue in the campaign, who better than that? But I’m with Josh. I think we’re — we got to think about Donald Trump as not just simply the former president and potentially future president the United States, but the executive producer of The Apprentice,” he said, explaining there “may be a couple of twists and turns before this thing is all done.”

Rove’s endorsement of Burgum may complicate Trump’s decision-making process. Dubbed as the “kiss of death,” Rove’s support is seen by many as a liability due to his contentious standing within the party and his previous criticisms of Trump’s administration.

https://twitter.com/BreitbartN...ve-endorses-north%2F

Burgum has also received an endorsement from another Never-Trump figure, Governor Spencer Cox (R-UT).

In a recent interview with CNN’s The Source, RINO Utah Governor Spencer Cox declared his refusal to vote for Donald Trump in the upcoming election.

This marks the third time Cox has taken such a stance, having previously refrained from supporting Trump in both 2016 and 2020.

Cox also expressed anticipation regarding who Trump will choose as vice president, suggesting that it could change his perspective in the upcoming election.

“I’m very anxious for who he picks as vice president. That’s going to make a big difference, I think certainly for me. I think Governor Burgum is an incredible leader. I think he’s somebody who could actually help to unite the party and lead us into November with President Trump.”

During the CPAC last year, President Trump promised to move the party forward from the old, weak RINO leadership.

President Trump: “when we started this journey, a journey like there has never been before. There’s never been anything like this. We had a Republican Party that was ruled by freaks, neocons, globalists, open-border zealots, and fools. We are never going back to the party of Paul Ryan, Karl Rove and Jeb Bush.”

Q

Posts: 27222 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
trump's success comes in spite of rove

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:

Who said anything about Trump's success having anything to do with Rove? I know I didn't.

Q

Posts: 27222 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe Trump is throwing names out there now so he can see who all the Never Trumpers and RINO's latch onto so he can eliminate them from his list.

I think DJT learned a lot of lessons the last time and he's being much more savvy with who he trusts this time around.

Look at how quiet he's been the last few weeks, letting Biden hang himself, that's not something you would have seen before with him.

Posts: 34308 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Trump has indicated that he's already made his decision on his VP pick...More than three weeks ago! Barring any questionable act by that individual since then, his decision is already made, and the opinions of any RINO/'Never Trumpers' won't change ANYTHING! Karl Rove is just seeking attention here and apparently, he still thinks he's relevant! Roll Eyes

We'll know soon enough, and for the record I want whomever Trump wants...Just sayin' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9293 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
With the Republican Convention starting on Monday, and the daily Democrat meltdowns over JoeB, I hope Trump names his VP pick very soon. The Dems will do whatever they can to deflect the embarrassments that they are suffering.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2774 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Rove is and always has been a horse's behind.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3115 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Rove is yesterday's newspaper trying to seem relevant. He is not. Stick a fork in it, the turkey is cooked.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8569 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/JackPosobiec/status/1811501940871954716

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17025 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys, I really wish we would just wait for Trump to announce.

And I hope to God he does soon because I have had it with all the speculation. Have mercy. Please.

I'm asking nicely. For now

It's soap opera/reality show/Tiger Beat magazine/did-you-see-The-Bachelorette-last-night bullshit. Let's cool it.

Posts: 108693 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I'm with you on this. Shouldn't have posted that article, but my contempt for Rove got me.

Q

posted Hide Post
Elon Musk Reportedly Donates To Pro-Trump Group—In Billionaire’s Starkest Political Move Yet

The world’s wealthiest person, Tesla chief Elon Musk, has given some of his nearly $250 billion fortune to a group supporting former President Donald Trump ahead of the election, according to Bloomberg, marking the billionaire’s most stark show of support for the Republican party as he has become increasingly vocal about U.S. politics in the past year.

More at link.

Forbes Link

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 100 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by sse:

Who said anything about Trump's success having anything to do with Rove? I know I didn't.

Sounded at least to me that YOU did when you opened a previous comment with this line...

quote:
<<snip>>

If I'm mistaken, please clarify what you then meant. Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Guys, I really wish we would just wait for Trump to announce.

And I hope to God he does soon because I have had it with all the speculation. <<snip>>

Definitely agree with you on this one Para, I am beyond tired of all of the speculation and just wanna sit back and wait on OUR president's official announcement... hopefully Monday!

Posts: 4711 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Sounded at least to me that YOU did when you opened a previous comment with this line...

quote:
<<snip>>

If I'm mistaken, please clarify what you then meant. Thanks!

I didn't want to give this any more attention than my last post, but since you asked,

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...320082805#3320082805
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...670033805#6670033805

My position has always been the same, regardless of Rove. So, how about not dragging this out anymore? Wink

Q