SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 ... 930
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
26 minutes long, but a good discussion w Peter Schweizer

Campaigns are changing because of a tactic called “lawfare.” The Biden administration is using federal government resources, and taxpayer money to conduct the sort of mudslinging that has traditionally been done by political campaigns.

That’s the focus of the most recent episode of The Drill Down, where hosts Peter Schweizer and Eric Eggers go into the weeds to show how the Biden administration is coordinating all four of the legal prosecutions against Biden’s opponent in the November presidential election, former President Donald Trump.

Fani Willis, the Fulton County prosecutor prosecuting Trump in Georgia on election interference charges, even showed up at the White House Correspondents Dinner last week.

In April 2022, the Biden White House leaked a story to the New York Times showing Biden “confided to his inner circle” his frustration with Attorney General Merrick Garland for not throwing the book at Trump. Four months later, Trump’s Mar a Lago residence was raided by the FBI at Garland’s direction.

Schweizer says another interesting coincidence occurred in December of 2022 when the #3 person at the Department of Justice in Washington, Matthew Colangelo, announced he was leaving DOJ to take a job with the Manhattan DA’s office.

As Schweizer notes, while the Manhattan DA’s office does matter, this is a “massive step down” for the third-highest DOJ official to take. “Why make that move other than that Joe Biden wanted direct input on NY prosecution?” Schweizer asks.

Two other members of the NY prosecutor’s team, Susan Hoffinger and Joshua Steinglass, were involved in the Trump Organization’s previous court case for conspiracy, criminal tax fraud, and falsifying business records, as also reported by the Times.

Colangelo would later deliver the prosecution’s opening statement in Trump’s trial in Manhattan.

This all has “the fingerprints of the White House all over it,” Schweizer adds.

Posts: 19619 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Spread it around

https://twitter.com/MTGrepp/st.../1785409491267354939

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107794 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen that several times over the past few weeks, and yes it will never make the news.

He says he didn’t have an affair.

She says she didn’t have an affair.

But what was the $130k payment for?

Posts: 53252 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
President Trump did an interview with TIME magazine that just became available. The main focus of the interview is what he would do in his second term. The article is starting to become the subject of a lot of commentary in the main stream media. The link to the article is below. None of it surprises me, but I am surprised that he would be that candid in the interview. For example, he says he would be willing to fire any US Attorney who refuses to prosecute anyone he thinks should be prosecuted.

Here is the link: https://time.com/6972021/donal...-election-interview/

Posts: 1059 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Donald Trump is ALWAYS candid. Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8982 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I’ve seen that several times over the past few weeks, and yes it will never make the news.

To make the false, but politically damaging, story go away.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9032 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
4/30/24

In the 7 AM Hour: Larry O’Connor and Julie Gunlock discussed:

7:05 AM - INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former U.S. Attorney to the District of Columbia – discussed Trump’s legal trials and Biden’s classified documents.

Last week was a whirlwind, between Donald Trump’s ongoing criminal trial in Manhattan and the high-stakes Supreme Court presidential immunity arguments in D.C. that could determine when and if the former president goes on trial in the nation’s capital.

What’s ahead: The focus this week will mostly be on New York, where the trial resumes Tuesday with more witness testimony. On Thursday, the judge will hold a second hearing about Trump’s alleged violations of a gag order. In the Florida classified document case, we’re still waiting for U.S. District Judge Aileen M. Cannon to makes some big decisions.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7660 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

People and companies regularly figure that coughing up some money is cheaper than dealing with the nonsense in an actual court or the court of public opinion all day long.

How many out of court settlements are similar? No admission of liability, and a non-disclosure agreement in exchange for a check. Will probably happen 1,000 times today.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15740 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I routinely settle cases on behalf of my clients for nuisance value. It's their call and often, they would rather pay something to get rid of BS cases and save lit costs and the time and uncertainty of litigation.

What's nuisance value? Highly correlates with potential risk and since my job is to mitigate risk and bring certainty, the amount varies on a case by case basis.

I give clients their legal options but often things are resolved for business reasons, having little to do with the merits.

Posts: 4091 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe a Jack Smith or Robert Mueller type can investigate and reveal the details of the $17 MILLION DOLLARS that the congress-critters thieved from the U.S. Taxpayers to silence those that they sexually abused in some manner.

Link to a 2017 article on CNN -

Congress paid out $17 million in settlements. Here’s why we know so little about that money.

Posts: 3500 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
This has really very little to do with an affair, or even if it actually ever happened. I know it's been covered more than a few times, but...

What the press keeps calling "hush money" was/is actually an NDA (non-disclosure agreement), which is actually a legal term and document. Which was apparently violated somewhere along the line.

Cohen paid Stormy $130k of his own money, he actually took out a HELOC (home equity line of credit) to pay her.
Cohen was reimbursed by billing Trump for "legal fees", and Bragg says that it was a campaign expense.

I posted this back on page 912 of this thread:
quote:

quote:
hush money

Sooo... ^^^that^^^ whole narrative needs to go away.
Everyone, and it does seem like everyone, keeps letting that phrase slide.

They made a bilateral funded non-disclosure agreement (NDA), both parties agreed to it, she violated it.

This case really pivots around where the money came from to fund the "agreement". If I understand this correctly, he used personal money to "fund the NDA"/"pay her off". Whatever.
Bragg "alleges" it was a campaign function and he should have used campaign funds to pay for it. BUT, if he would have, then the FEC(Federal Election Commission) would have charged him with campaign fraud for that. F these people...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6223 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
WARNING

Watching this clip will expose you to toxic levels of stupidity

https://twitter.com/GuntherEag.../1785714630137991642

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Hush Money sells more soap.... Truth and Press are not always the same...

Posts: 23618 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
WARNING

Watching this clip will expose you to toxic levels of stupidity

Always with the masks. Roll Eyes They're all a bunch of idiots and cowards hiding behind those stupid things.

Posts: 33912 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Wow, I bet it was really tough for the 'people who have been killed multiple times'! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8982 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Dayum. That's even worse than I expected.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16542 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Higher education is inappropriately named

Posts: 53252 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Wow, I bet it was really tough for the 'people who have been killed multiple times'! Roll Eyes

They are CATS!

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6331 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Well, it might be time to get out the wooden stakes and silver bullets if they keep coming back. Just saying.

Posts: 3958 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post