SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
At this point, I am going to just keep watching and waiting. I want to have, and do have, great confidence in Sidney Powell and Lin Wood. Let's see how it plays out.

Her reputation is that she is well known for being an extremely serious lawyer, who never overstates her position. And the fact that she isn't Trump's personal attorney and you have an even better reason to take anything she says at face value.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16707 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
https://www.dailywire.com/news...15iMj5eTMR8c4shYcoFE

“So we invited Sidney Powell on this show. We would’ve given her the whole hour; we would’ve given her the entire week actually and listened quietly the whole time at rapt attention — that’s a big story,” Carlson said. “But she never sent us any evidence despite a lot of requests, polite requests, not a page. When we kept pressing, she got angry and told us to stop contacting her. When we checked with others around the Trump campaign, people in positions of authority, they told us Powell has never given them any evidence either, nor did she provided any today at the press conference.”

Powell made additional claims on Saturday night during an interview on Newsmax TV that were widely criticized.

Washington Examiner columnist Byron York highlighted a portion of the comments that Powell made:

POWELL: Georgia’s probably gonna be the first state I’m gonna blow up. And Mr. Kemp and the secretary of state need to go with it because they’re in on the Dominion scam with their last-minute purchase, or award of a contract to Dominion of $100 million. The state bureau of investigation for Georgia ought to be looking into the financial benefits received by Mr. Kemp and the secretary of state’s family about that time …

NEWSMAX: Just to clarify, you’re saying that Governor Kemp, who’s been a longtime ally of the president, is directly involved because of financial benefit in a conspiracy to defeat the president in Georgia?

POWELL: We have certainly been told that there is evidence of that, and would warrant an investigation if anybody were actually going to do an honest investigation.

NEWSMAX: What more could you tell us about that alleged conspiracy — [as] the governor’s [involvement]?

POWELL: I can’t give you any more details than that now, but it would certainly warrant an investigation. If it had been reported to me as a law enforcement officer, I would be investigating it steadfastly.

Seems like more of the same conspiracy stuff without any proof that she’s been spreading for weeks, and is likely the reason she got dumped from being part of the Trump Team. They finally had enough when she couldn’t put up and wouldn’t shut up.

Disagree that the statement disowning her yesterday was some sort of MAGA 87D chess. Whether she was actually getting paid or not, she was undoubtedly one of the lead faces of the Trump legal team. Something had to happen for them to go to the effort to publicly dump her. If there wasn’t any problem, they could have just kept her there and let her go on, while ignoring her.

Ultimately, we’ll see what happens. Either something will come out of it, or it won’t. I suspect the latter.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Sometimes there is no pony by the tree on Christmas morning.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Hmmm, I have heard that before somewhere... Wink

Sadly, this is true. Time will tell if this Christmas is that way.

Really not a lot one can do other than support the President and watch it play out. No reason to get excited about our hopes or predictions or argue with others about their’s. They’re really all guesses, some wildly optimistic, some seemingly realistic, some very pessimistic. Until it all shakes out we won’t know.

I favor optimism, but I do keep in mind your pony comment as anything can happen and I refuse to lose what little mind I do have if the GDC bastards are successful in pulling the theft off.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Hmmm, something tells me that that pony is always by the tree on Christmas morning for Trump, come hell or high water.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I am just some schmoe sitting at home administering virtual schooling to 2 kids, so I don’t claim any inside information or special knowledge skill sets.

However, as already stated with Powell being Flynn’s lawyer, if Trump gives Flynn a pardon wouldn’t retaining Powell as his counsel represent a conflict of interest or other legal impropriety?

Second, having Powell not be an official member of Trumps legal team seems wise if she is the one making the most (seemingly) outlandish claims. When the dishonest media attacks Powell for her claims, they are not strictly speaking repudiating a member of the Presidents legal team. This seems like good strategy in my amateurs opinion.

Posts: 3150 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
My response to those people would be:

Trump received 11 million more votes this year than 2016

450k "votes" for Biden had no down ballot selections...

quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I have to wonder considering the amount of fraud that occurred and knowing that the dems have been planning and calculating this for a significant amount of time and then even more so when Covid came along that we are seeing the down ballot results we are. It only casts more doubt on the Presidential vote in comparison.

Seems to me rigging the down ballot as well would have provided them more credibility. If the machine votes are manipulated electronically seems like a simple thing to do.

What do I know, just thinking out loud.

Several people have used it as a justification that the vote is accurate saying, "See, Trump is so unlikeable that even his own party didn't vote for him while voting down ticket."

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Here you go guys. Never say I was stingy.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
From the "Trump Legal Team Distances From Sidney Powell" article ... "A source who spoke to Breitbart News on background suggested that the team had hoped to work with her, but that Powell’s public claims had gone beyond the scope of the evidence they had seen and believed they could prove in court."

The fact this "distancing" was done so publicly might indicate the Trump legal team's confidence, or rather lack thereof, that Sidney Powell herself can prove her claims in court. Of course as some have stated, it could simply be a chess move or legal posturing in regard to possible conflicts of interest.

In a statement, Powell says she understood the Trump campaign's statement and she is proceeding to file an "epic" lawsuit this week. So I guess we'll soon find out if the cake is a lie or not.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Hmmm, I have heard that before somewhere... Wink

But perhaps only you. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I believe in Santa.

President Trump has delivered a pony previously, believe he will do the same this Christmas.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
I'm sticking with Trump to the end.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kook:

Yup, my money is on The Donald.

He has not let us down yet.

The left has CONSTANTLY underestimated him. I see no reason why we should do the same. He has done "The Impossible" so many times already; what's one more?

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I too want to see President Trump in office 4 more years. But Republicans in congress need to get onboard and start some vigorous investigations regardless ... and Barr needs to arrest somebody already dammit. The dems have been getting away with far too much for far too long.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:

Trump received 11 million more votes this year than 2016

At least 11 million more votes, probably a lot more than that.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kook:

Yup, my money is on The Donald.

He has not let us down yet.

The left has CONSTANTLY underestimated him. I see no reason why we should do the same. He has done "The Impossible" so many times already; what's one more?

My money is on Donald J. Trump.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16707 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
The fact the left is screeching to concede is a decent indicator there was improprietary. If they are so confident in Bidens win why wouldnt they just want a recount as well. Light disenfects everything.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Indeed. The left will ALWAYS make sure you know what they are afraid of, if you are paying attention...

quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
The fact the left is screeching to concede is a decent indicator there was improprietary. If they are so confident in Bidens win why wouldnt they just want a recount as well. Light disenfects everything.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maricopa County's election results are certified and final.

The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, the elected body that oversees elections in Arizona's most populous county, voted unanimously on Friday to approve the results of this month's general election.

The majority-Republican supervisors did so after spending hours on Friday afternoon asking election officials who oversaw the voting process numerous questions related to election fairness, security, technology and oversight.

Before the vote, the supervisors, four Republicans and one Democrat, said they were satisfied with the answers.

Republican chairman Clint Hickman said there was no proof of fraud or misconduct in the election and he was confident that voters were provided with a fair election. He said that he "learned a lot about the character of people in this community" on the matter, and he would not "violate the law or deviate from my own moral compass," even though he said that's what some had pressured him to do.

"No matter how you voted, this election was administered with integrity, transparency, and most importantly in accordance with Arizona state laws," Hickman said.
https://www.azcentral.com/stor...-results/6362991002/

I missed this on Friday, but it is outrageous. I'm not saying hope is gone, I stand with President Trump to the end, but he is on an island. The fact that 4 supposed GOP members certified this and said they were satisficed is just beyond anything that is reasonable. No reasonable person can look at what happened in that county and say it was on the level. Our own side is against us in these states. They want us to lose and are actively working towards that goal. They don't even care that this will embolden the left to steal elections going forward. It is disgusting that we are to this point. I never thought I'd see this in our country.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Trumps lawsuit in PA moved now with the 3rd circuit.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post