SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Trump has also been in meetings with Elon Musk at Mar-A-Lago in the last couple of weeks.

I can ID everyone sitting but who are the three standing?

I only know Jordan Peterson on the left. Don't know the other two on the right. Don't know who the guy with the dark glasses on is either.

Tony.

I’m thinking standing on right is Tristan Tate.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Any significance for the woman or the guy standing against the pole in the background on the right??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Any significance for the woman or the guy standing against the pole in the background on the right??

Calvin Coolidge maybe?

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/bennyjohns.../1772658969514750319

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Letitia meant it for evil, God meant it for good.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see the James case sticking. Once it is overturn on appeal, what are Trumps recourse? Can he go after James for malicious prosecution and the judge for judicial misconduct, or Trump is going to let it be?

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Letitia meant it for evil, God meant it for good.

That's cut worthy

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
hehehehe

I wonder if any charges will be filed by the local misfit given that they've already set the standard for prosecutions....

should I hold my breath?

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Lock John Stewart up! We have to be fair and equally apply the law.

Throw the MFN book at that smug asshole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1773024595701825638

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1773024595701825638" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 629px; display: block; border: medium; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: center 20px; background-size: 300px; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
quote:
Originally posted by The New York Post:
"Jon Stewart found to have overvalued his NYC home by 829% after slamming Trump’s civil case as ‘not victimless’"

Goose.
Gander.

Yeah...that whole thing. He's a Libtarded blow-hard just like the rest of "them".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Shares of Trump Media & Technology Group surged higher again on Wednesday, marking another boost to former President Donald Trump’s financial portfolio.

The company’s stock rose 14.2 percent to $66.22 on Wednesday. On Tuesday, the shares started trading under the ticker symbol DJT, Donald Trump’s initials, after the merger of Trump Media with Digital World Acquisition Corp., the special-purpose acquisition company set-up to take Trump’s social media platform Truth Social public.

The increase follows a Tuesday rise of 16 percent, lifting the company’s market valuation to roughly $8 billion. Trump’s portion—around 60 percent of the company—is estimated to be worth about $4.8 billion.

The rapid rise in the price of the shares has many on Wall Street skeptical and investors have been mocked by Trump’s critics. Some have compared it to the “meme stock” surges that boosted the prices of shares of companies like AMC and GameStop a few years ago.

It is still an open question about whether Trump will be able to use this windfall to meet the requirement to post a $175 million bond to appeal the civil fraud case in New York that results in a $454 million judgment against him.

https://www.breitbart.com/econ...4/03/27/trump-media/

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...battleground-states/

The Republican National Committee (RNC) is hiring “election integrity directors and election integrity councils in every battleground state” ahead of the general election, RNC chair Michael Whatley said during an appearance on Breitbart News Daily.

When asked how Republicans can feel confident that every vote was counted properly in November, Whatley said “there’s really two components to it.”

“Number one, you got to get out the vote. Number two, you have to protect the ballot, and we absolutely are focused on making sure that we have election integrity around the country,” he said, explaining that the RNC is “making sure that we have the laws, the rules and regulations in place in every state that are going to allow a fair election” and “working with legislators” as well as boards of elections and secretaries of state.

“And then when they don’t, we’re going to the courts,” he said. “As the General Counsel of the RNC for the past year, I put us in over 75 different lawsuits. We’ve added five different ones since I became chair. So we’re now in 80 different lawsuits around the country, making sure that the rules of the road are going to ensure a fair election and that the states are going to follow,” he said, highlighting a “huge win yesterday in Pennsylvania, which means that all of the absentee ballots have to be in and it has to be postmarked, which is a big deal.”

“We’re winning cases around the country right now. The second big thing that we have to do is you got to be in the room,” he said, stressing the need for “observers and attorneys in every room where votes are being cast, in every room where votes are being counted across the country.”

“And that’s a big logistical issue. We’re talking about tens of thousands of volunteers, thousands of attorneys that we are right now in the field recruiting and training so that we can have them in place on election day,” he continued.

When host Mike Slater pressed Whatley for a more “offensive” move, he said the RNC is “already hiring election integrity directors and election integrity councils in every battleground state to start putting these teams together,” which are going to be on the ground.

“Like I said, we’ve filed 80 lawsuits already in 24 different states to make sure that we’ve got good rules on the road, and that we’re going to have, the state’s going to be following the rules that they have,” he said. “We want this to be the biggest, most proactive election integrity campaign ever.”

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
This is good, very good.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Democratic lawyer slammed Fani Willis as ‘utter embarrassment’ for not taking herself off Trump case

https://www.washingtonexaminer...king-off-trump-case/

Democratic attorney Julian Epstein called Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis’s handling of former President Donald Trump‘s racketeering election case an “utter embarrassment” on Thursday.

On Fox News’s Brian Kilmeade Show, the Democratic strategist said Trump was in the “right” to appeal the case because of Willis’s handling of it. Willis came under fire for appointing Nathan Wade as special prosecutor, with whom she had a romantic relationship.

“Well, I think if Fani Willis had any real interest in this case, she would resign or recuse herself from it,” Epstein said. “This is an utter embarrassment.”

“In my opinion, this was a kickback scheme, where she hired a boyfriend who was then providing her all kinds of benefits,” he said. “I think those are very hard to believe. I think the judge was right to allow the Trump team to appeal. And I think there’s not just that question about whether she should be kicked off the case. So I think there’s a question potentially about perjury.”

Judge Scott McAfee, who is presiding over the case, announced on Wednesday that Trump and his co-defendants can appeal the order to keep Willis on the case.

He said there was an “unbelievable conflict” in this case.

“In any case, this is an utter embarrassment, for the, you know, amongst many other embarrassments, for the … crowd that is, you know, prosecuting Trump in the eleventh hour of this campaign,” he said.

Trump and his attorneys have 10 days to submit an application to the Georgia Court of Appeals. The appeals court will have 45 days from March 15 to decide if it will hear the case. Under Georgia law, the court is not required to hear the case.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The BS is never ending but you have to give the loons credit. They try not to miss any conceivable angle. Wish the repubs were as imaginative. From CNN of course:

"Federal judge warns of Trump’s attacks in extraordinary rebuke"

"A sitting federal judge on Thursday harshly criticized Donald Trump’s attacks on the judge overseeing the former president’s criminal case tied to alleged hush money payments, telling CNN that such statements threaten the viability of the American legal system."

I'd say the goings-on in NY and Georgia threaten it far beyond anything Trump says.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/29...mp-rebuke/index.html

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
hush money

Sooo... ^^^that^^^ whole narrative needs to go away.
Everyone, and it does seem like everyone, keeps letting that phrase slide.

They made a bilateral funded non-disclosure agreement (NDA), both parties agreed to it, she violated it.

This case really pivots around where the money came from to fund the "agreement". If I understand this correctly, he used personal money to "fund the NDA"/"pay her off". Whatever.
Bragg "alleges" it was a campaign function and he should have used campaign funds to pay for it. BUT, if he would have, then the FEC(Federal Election Commission) would have charged him with campaign fraud for that. F these people...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
This is good, very good.

I agree. Michael Whatley has been a believer of ballot fraud and corruption from day 1 in the 2020 election. So it makes sense that the RNC makes this issue its number one priority, something the old RNC was not willing to meet head on.

I also think the Democrats are in panic mode, partly because their ballot fraud tricks in 2020 are no longer a surprise to Republicans now, who are not only expecting it, but doing all they can to battle it. It was a brilliant move on Trump's part to gain control of the RNC.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Michael Whatley has been a believer of ballot fraud and corruption from day 1 in the 2020 election. So it makes sense that the RNC makes this issue its number one priority, something the old RNC was not willing to meet head on.

It was a brilliant move on Trump's part to gain control of the RNC.

Yes and Yes!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
POS Judge Reggie Walton is at it again, this time going on their state-run media to blast Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...unseemly-experts-say

By Brianna Herlihy | Fox News
Published March 29, 2024 5:45pm EDT

A federal judge from Washington, D.C., is facing criticism for what experts are calling "inappropriate" comments about former President Trump in a media interview as Trump faces a federal trial in the judge's district.

Senior U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton for the District of Columbia appeared in an interview with CNN’s Kaitlan Collins Thursday after Trump criticized the daughter of New York Judge Juan Merchan, who is presiding over the hush money case scheduled to go to trial April 15.

Walton, in a rare media appearance for a sitting judge, sat for the interview Thursday and criticized Trump’s comments, calling them "very disconcerting."

But legal experts tell Fox News Digital that Walton’s comments were "inappropriate" because Trump is a defendant in Walton's district in a separate case brought by special counsel Jack Smith’s case.

"Judge Reggie Walton is a sitting federal judge in a district where Donald Trump is currently a criminal defendant with an active case. He should not be publicly commenting in media interviews on anything related to him, full stop," said Kerri Kupec Urbhan, former counselor to Attorney General Bill Barr and Fox News legal editor.

"This is yet another example of a lack of regard for the appearance of fairness when it comes to Donald Trump, which, whether you like Trump or not, flies in the face of what judges and the justice system are supposed to be about."

Merchan this week imposed a gag order on the former president and 2024 GOP presumptive nominee ahead of the trial next month. In a Truth Social post Thursday, Trump referenced the judge’s daughter by name and called her a "Rabid Trump Hater" for her associations with a firm that’s consulted Democratic candidates and causes, suggesting that "totally compromised" her father and calling for his removal from the case.

Merchan issued the gag order against Trump Tuesday, pointing to his "prior extrajudicial statements," saying they establish "a sufficient risk to the administration of justice."

Merchan ordered that Trump cannot make or direct others to make public statements about witnesses concerning their potential participation or about counsel in the case — other than Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg — or about court staff, DA staff or family members of staff.

Trump also referred to a Twitter account formerly owned by Merchan's daughter that features a picture of Trump behind prison bars as the profile image.

Walton, who has also presided over Jan. 6, 2021, cases in his district, told CNN he was "concerned" about Trump’s comments.

"We have had judges who’ve lost their lives or family members who’ve lost their lives as a result of individuals who have been litigants in their courtroom. And I think it’s important in order to preserve our democracy that we maintain the rule of law," he said.

"The rule of law can only be maintained if we have independent judicial officers … and that the law is applied equally to everyone who appears in our courthouse.

"I think it’s important that, as judges, we speak out and say things and reference to things that conceivably are going to impact on the process, because if we don’t have a viable court system, we have tyranny."

Walton's office declined to comment when reached by Fox News Digital.

John Shu, a constitutional attorney who served in both Bush administrations, told Fox News Digital Walton’s comments were "unseemly."

"It’s unseemly for Judge Walton to publicly discuss Trump or a Trump case, regardless of which one, because one of Trump’s active criminal cases is in Judge Walton’s court, the federal district court in D.C.," he said.

Shu added that "it seems that the interviewer wrongly conflated Trump’s harsh social media critiques about Judge Merchan and his daughter – which probably fall within First Amendment protections – and the awful, actual threats that Judge Walton and his family faced, which are considered criminal behavior and thus not protected speech."

"Just like the awful, actual threats that Justices Alito, Coney Barrett, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Roberts and Thomas and their respective families had to deal with after the Dobbs draft opinion leak," Shu noted.

Following the leak of the Dobbs v. Jackson Supreme Court opinion, which eventually overturned Roe v. Wade, crowds of protesters swarmed the homes of several of the justices in the majority opinion for several days. One man was charged with plotting an assassination attempt on Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Carrie Severino, the president of Judicial Crisis Network (JCN) and former clerk for Justice Clarence Thomas, said ensuring the safety of judges and their families is critical for the rule of law.

But, she said, "it's surprising that some of the people who have praised Judge Walton for his comments weren't speaking out when there was an attempted assassination of Justice Kavanaugh, or when left-wing groups doxxed six of the justices and illegally protested at their homes after the Dobbs opinion leaked."

Merchan announced Monday that the trial will begin April 15.

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg indicted Trump on 34 counts of falsifying business records in the first degree. Trump pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Q

Posts: 26388 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post