SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 ... 925
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Former President Trump and eight co-defendants asked a state appeals court on Friday to review a judge’s ruling allowing Fulton County District Attorney Fani Williams to stay on the election interference case.

“DA Willis has covered herself and her office in scandal and disrepute, as she has squandered her credibility and repeatedly and flagrantly violated the heightened ethical standards demanded of her position,” the appeal states.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...fani-willis-n2637161

Posts: 19601 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2...es-approved-n3785598

New Georgia Voting Rules Approved

The bill also clarifies the grounds for challenging voter eligibility. Voters may be challenged on the grounds of being dead (duh), having voted or registered to vote in a different jurisdiction, having filed property taxes in a different jurisdiction, or listed a non-residential address on their registration. It's unclear what items on that list would be objectionable to the many Democrats who voted against the bill. We obviously can't have dead people voting (which happened multiple times in New York in 2020) and any registration listing a commercial property as an address is suspect.

Democrats attempted to explain their "no" votes by claiming that the law would result in more "baseless attacks" on voters. But who would such attacks be aimed at? Dead people? Those attempting to vote twice or even more? Both of those things happened repeatedly in New York's then-20th Congressional District in 2020 and several people were arrested.

Assuming Kemp signs the bill, starting in 2026, Georgia ballots will no longer be scanned using QR codes. Many voters complained that all identifying information should be readable by human eyes. The bill would require future ballots to include either readable text or filled-in markers such as bubbles. There haven't been too many issues with the QR codes thus far, but this change will make the work of monitors easier.

A comment to this article:

Florida changed mail in ballot and dropbox rules in time for the 2020 election. That's why Trump won by 3+% here rather than "losing" like he did in GA, AZ, WI, MI and NV. Mail in ballots required 100% signature match and drop boxes were only allowed inside voting locations. Oh, and mail in ballots had to be requested by the voter.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...unseemly-experts-say

By Brianna Herlihy | Fox News
Published March 29, 2024 5:45pm EDT

A federal judge from Washington, D.C., is facing criticism for what experts are calling "inappropriate" comments about former President Trump in a media interview as Trump faces a federal trial in the judge's district.

Senior U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton for the District of Columbia appeared in an interview with CNN’s Kaitlan Collins Thursday after Trump criticized the daughter of New York Judge Juan Merchan, who is presiding over the hush money case scheduled to go to trial April 15.

Walton, in a rare media appearance for a sitting judge, sat for the interview Thursday and criticized Trump’s comments, calling them "very disconcerting."
Dear Judge Walton,

Do you remember what this symbol means?? Does it ring any bells?? Perhaps something you learned in Law 101. JSMH...

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2...es-approved-n3785598

Assuming Kemp signs the bill, starting in 2026, Georgia ballots will no longer be scanned using QR codes [emphasis added]. Many voters complained that all identifying information should be readable by human eyes. The bill would require future ballots to include either readable text or filled-in markers such as bubbles. There haven't been too many issues with the QR codes thus far, but this change will make the work of monitors easier.
My broski has a REAL issue with this on our ballots here in Texas. I'll urge him to work with his State Rep to get this changed here.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
This is quite moving...Trump's interaction with the family of the slain officer.

Posts: 2786 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

And at the same time, NY Governor Kathy Hochul was reportedly asked to leave when she arrived uninvited.

https://twitter.com/collinrugg...815603641692561?s=46

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16722 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
i think the mayor arrived too, but skedaddled before he could be chased away

Posts: 2786 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
hard to watch this one

NYPD Detective Jonathan Diller’s son Ryan reached towards his father’s casket during the funeral on March 30, 2024.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/life...s-casket/ar-BB1kO6hw

here is a short video of the widow's speech

https://www.msn.com/en-us/vide...ogy/vi-BB1kNG0B?t=61

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Damn. That's a heartbreaking photo. I'm thankful I'm sitting alone in my office right now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30423 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After judge's scolding for playing 'race card,' Fani Willis says she'll 'talk about it anyway'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/musi...t-anyway/ar-BB1kLEVi

Posts: 12728 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
After judge's scolding for playing 'race card,' Fani Willis says she'll 'talk about it anyway'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/musi...t-anyway/ar-BB1kLEVi

What else would a DEI hire talk about?

Posts: 1815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
perhaps Willis should have a competency hearing?

she appears to be seriously delusional and not in complete control of her faculties

at least thats my view from an impartial observation

oh, and by the way Willis - if you could learn to speak English, that would be great

Posts: 53218 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
she appears to be seriously delusional and not in complete control of her faculties

She's in 100% complete control of her faculties, both of them.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Trump just secured his bond in NY.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trum...l/story?id=108715465

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16722 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Thanks for that report. Glad to hear it. And I hope, and expect, that the Dems will pay for that bond, and more.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8994 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Too bad he didn't just show up w/ nickels & dimes!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8941 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
And drop them all on the ‘judges’ desk

Oh, sorry. Not a judge, a politically corrupted partisan hack wearing a black robe pretending to believe in Justice.

Posts: 53218 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Truth Social: Trump's DJT stock plummets days after going public

8 hours ago
By Sam Cabral,
BBC News, Washington

Shares of Donald Trump's social media company fell by more than 20% on Monday, less than a week after it began publicly trading under the DJT ticker.

The drop comes after Trump Media & Technology Group reported it had lost nearly $60m (£48m) last year while only bringing in around $4m in revenue.

The price plunge caused the former president's net worth to shrink by $1bn, according to Bloomberg.

Shares had surged last week, giving the company an $11bn valuation.

But experts warned the stock was bound to tumble, as its main product - Truth Social - loses users and burns cash.

The price spike drew comparisons to the pandemic-era "meme stock" mania, when the share prices of companies like GameStop and AMC soared even though basic parts of their businesses, such as revenue, were weak.

Meme stocks are ones that gain sudden popularity on social media, sparking price rises as online investors rush to buy.

On Monday, shares of Trump Media - which makes its money exclusively through advertising on Truth Social - fell $13.30 to $48.66. But they are still up nearly 200% so far this year.

The surge has been driven by small-time investors, at least some of whom appear to be showing support for the former president as his legal troubles, and the bills that accompany them, pile up.

Mr Trump holds a nearly 60% ownership stake in the company and stands to earn a billion-dollar windfall when he cashes out his shares - though he is legally barred from doing so for another six months unless the company's board grants him a waiver.

But these investors are making a bet on a company that, in a special filing on Monday, told the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) it "expects to continue to incur operating losses and negative cash flows from operating activities for the foreseeable future".

According to the financial filing, Trump Media paid about $40m in interest expenses and $16m in operating losses in 2023.

The company said its management had "substantial doubt" that it "will have sufficient funds to meet its liabilities as they fall due".

Truth Social launched in February 2022, about one year after the former president was banned from Twitter (now X) and Facebook in the aftermath of the violent riot at the US Capitol.

While Mr Trump's accounts on both platforms have since been reinstated, he has continued to use Truth Social as the main avenue for his social media posts.

But his presence on the platform has not helped it gain a broad audience. Estimates from Similarweb show the company has roughly five million active monthly users, far fewer than rivals.

Truth Social has claimed it has about 8.9 million sign-ups, but it has declined to share the commonly disclosed performance metrics that could give shareholders a better sense of its
operations.

The Link

Posts: 23535 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ Diamond Hands on my DJT stonk. I put 1k in back in the day and I could of bailed a few times, but at this point, I'm holding on until the end.

Posts: 674 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Violent riot on Jan 6?

I don’t recall antifa or BLM being there.

posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/KanekoaThe.../1774966369433583904

Posts: 12728 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post