SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 ... 925
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
They are beyond reckless and borderline evil.
I'm not so sure they're borderline anymore. I'm beginning to think they're looking at the borderline rapidly disappearing from view in their rearview mirrors.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The media is clearly pulling no punches. I wonder what they'll do next.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37993 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16722 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly, in the Fox "News" segment of this morning's local "news" they actually covered Trump's "bloodbath" remarks in context and noted how the Dems were taking them out of context.

Will wonders ever cease.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/TheBabylon.../1769719628853342364

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107697 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Found it, this is the deleted post in Musk's tweet above.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16722 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
How is this stuff not considered slander/libel?

I'd love to see Trump start suing the living shit out of every one of these people.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Though all the winds of doctrine were let loose to play upon the earth, so Truth be in the field, we do injuriously, by licensing and prohibiting, to misdoubt her strength. Let her and Falsehood grapple; who ever knew Truth put to the worse, in a free and open encounter?" - John Milton

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Excellent!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8994 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
And here is the leftist media using their favorite word Big Grin

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...th-joe-bidens-watch/

Industry insiders agree with former President Donald Trump’s suggestion that China is looking to annihilate American auto manufacturing on President Joe Biden’s watch.

During a speech in Ohio on Saturday, Trump warned Chinese President Xi Jinping that if he is reelected in November, China’s premier automakers will not be allowed to export their cheap Electric Vehicles (EVs) to the United States market without facing massive tariffs.

Most recently, reports circulated that China’s BYD is planning to build EV plants in Mexico to export the cars to the United States at low prices — thus drowning American-made competitors and dominating the EV market.

Trump said Biden’s allowing China to do so would be a “bloodbath” for American auto workers.

“Let me tell you something to China, if you’re listening President Xi — and you and I are friends but he understands the way I deal — those big, monster car manufacturing plants that you’re building in Mexico right now, and you think you’re going to get that and you’re going to not hire Americans and you’re going to sell the cars to us, no,” Trump said:

We’re going to put a 100 percent tariff on every single car that comes across the line. And you’re not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected. Now if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole, that’s going to be the least of it, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the country; that’s going to be the least of it.

In January, Tesla CEO Elon Musk said if the U.S. does not hit China’s EVs with huge tariffs, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) will have “pretty much delomish[ed]” the American auto industry.

“The Chinese car companies are the most competitive car companies in the world … so, I think they will have significant success outside of China depending on what kind of tariffs or trade barriers are established,” Musk said on a Tesla earnings call:

Frankly, I think, if there are not trade barriers established, they will pretty much demolish most other companies in the world.

In February the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) issued a report detailing an “extinction-level event” for American auto workers should Biden allow China to export cheap EVs to the U.S. market.

“The introduction of cheap Chinese autos — which are so inexpensive because they are backed with the power and funding of the Chinese government — to the American market could end up being an extinction-level event for the U.S. auto sector, whose centrality in the national economy is unimpeachable,” AAM experts write:

More alarming, however, are Chinese firms’ heavy spending on plants in Mexico, through which they can access the United States by way of the more favorable tariffs under the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA). This strategy is, in effect, an effort to gain backdoor access to American consumers by circumventing existing policies that are keeping China’s autos out of the U.S. market.

This is an auto industry backed by the Chinese state. It has invested heavily in foreign markets in order to access more of them. And there is cause for alarm that Chinese vehicles and parts will only increase their access to the U.S. market, overcoming existing tariffs and evading existing trade enforcement measures, to directly challenge domestic automakers and threaten the jobs of millions of American manufacturing workers.

Posts: 19601 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
c1steve, still awaiting your response.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
That was me, and it was an honest question. After the Bill Barr backstabbing, I trust no one. I don't really care about how someone looks, but if they look unusual I may wonder why.
Please read the following carefully and commit it to memory:

For many years in this forum, it has been a firm, non-negotiable policy that commenting on the personal appearance of others is strictly forbidden. Is that clear to you?

Under no circumstances should you make remarks such as you have this evening, ever, no exceptions.

It is the easiest thing in the world to make such remarks; so easy, in fact, that children can do it. It is mindless and it is juvenile, and I will not tolerate it, and the fact that you have twelve years and 4000 posts here and yet you do not know this, is somewhat astonishing.

Restrict your comments to the things which are important- the words and actions of a person. Conduct yourself as an adult. Be polite. Be mature.

I want you, please, to respond and tell me you comprehend what I've told you and that you will comply. I'm not interested in any opinions, such as anyone thinking this policy is silly or unnecessary. As I said, this policy is non-negotiable, and those who do not adhere to this policy are subject to disciplinary action, and now that I have explained this policy to you, you will have no excuse to violate it in the future.

Is all of this clear to you?

Yes, I understand.

-c1steve

Posts: 4062 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7657 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Billionaire activist investor Nelson Petlz plans to vote for Donald Trump, citing concerns that President Biden’s “mental condition is really scary,” according to a report Tuesday.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/19/...ns-mental-condition/

Posts: 12728 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
They are beyond reckless and borderline evil.

Nothing borderline here. We have been dealing with pure, bold, in-your-face evil from the Left since 2008.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Billionaire activist investor Nelson Petlz plans to vote for Donald Trump, citing concerns that President Biden’s “mental condition is really scary,” according to a report Tuesday.

To be such an astute investor, it's amazing that he's at least 4 years late to the party on this.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
What's the hive's take on his NY so-called "fraud" case where the state is preparing to seize his assets?

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5416 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a bit ago that the judge in the Fani et.al case has allowed Trump and others to appeal his decision........good call. He knows he was wrong in his decision, and this is one way of making it right.

Posts: 6629 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I saw a bit ago that the judge in the Fani et.al case has allowed Trump and others to appeal his decision........good call. He knows he was wrong in his decision, and this is one way of making it right.

He was probably counting on it. That way he doesn't have to make the call and his hands are "clean". He is up for re-election.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post