SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 ... 984
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
And this time, Bradley knows that there is a mountain of evidence out there, and he is not going to sacrifice himself for those people, by perjuring himself.

Unless he's been promised he'll get a pass.

Posts: 3597 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, I forgot. Everything's a conspiracy.

It's OK. I like to make shit up, too.

Posts: 108290 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, I forgot. Everything's a conspiracy.

It's OK. I like to make shit up, too.

Well, Fani and Wade had to know their BS was gonna be easily refuted by cold, hard evidence (cell phone data tracking, flimsy stories and timelines, etc). And though they're surely of below average intelligence, I have to wonder if they're so reckless with their stories and attitudes because they know they'll skate. Perhaps it's all just hubris.

Posts: 3597 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, I don't think they knew anything of the sort. These are not bright people.

The fact that the state of Georgia had managed to arrange it so that Willis did not have to testify, and yet, she did, and extemporaneously so; indignantly and with no actual preparation, running her fool mouth- this tells you how slick, crafty and wise she is not.

We're dealing with blockheads here.

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Cellhawk is pretty good and very similar to Cellebrite. It's like Kleenex v. tissue.

What really would sink these two numbnuts would be use of timing advance that AT&T has. Ping location isn't extremely accurate and can vary quite a bit, depending on how far the towers are from each other but timing advance can tell you, within about 30 feet, a phone's location.

It works off a ping signal sent to the phone. Since the radio wave travels at a constant velocity, it measures the time from the base tower to the phone and back to the base tower. It's very similar to sonar on a sub.

But Willis and Wade are toast. They know it but were too stupid to think this info wasn't there.

Posts: 4143 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I know my iPhone is like an Apple AirTag for anyone with the ability and will to track me. I just can't imagine going under oath and telling tall tales my iPhone can so easily refute. People from my parents' generation may not understand that stuff, but anyone younger surely does.

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
the question is whether the leftists will throw them under the bus, if they haven't already

Posts: 2930 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Honestly don't think she's sharp enough to understand the gravity of the situation, how she came across, dress on backwards, her manner, the way she spoke, Clearly she thinks it's all for nothing and she'll be right back on the front page with Leticia James beating down on DJT soon, back in the limelight.

They didn't hide the cell phones in aluminum foil, or turn them off, or the credit card charges, flights, meals, cash is they believed fully that they are immune to any kind of repercussions and that is because they believe that their race provides a shield against any an all attacks on them personally.

She deserves to be removed, he should lose his license over perjuring himself on the stand.

Posts: 23802 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, I don't think they knew anything of the sort. These are not bright people.
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Honestly don't think she's sharp enough to understand the gravity of the situation, ...
The Peter Principle writ large.

This is what comes of elevating people to positions of authority and power based, not upon their competency and merit, but upon their skin color, gender, how they identify themselves, their social/political beliefs, etc.

No doubt a part of her believes she really is smarter than she is and another part believes even if she's not, she'll get a free pass... again.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfr...dkt_nbr=010502davp3i

Ginsburg Opinion Could Aid Trump in N.Y. Fraud Case

Former President Donald Trump's appeal of the $454 million civil fraud judgment against him in New York could be helped by an opinion written by the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Ginsburg in February 2019 wrote the majority opinion in Timbs v. Indiana, in which the high court voted 9-0 to find that the Eighth Amendment is applicable to the states.

The justices ruled against Indiana, which was seeking to confiscate defendant Tyson Timbs' $42,000 Land Rover, for assessing a fine that was "grossly disproportionate" to the gravity of the offense.

The Land Rover's value was more than four times the maximum $10,000 fine that Timbs was liable for in a criminal case that involved controlled substances and conspiracy to commit theft, Independent Journal Review reported.

"The Eighth Amendment's Excessive Fines Clause is an incorporated protection applicable to the States under the Fourteenth Amendment's Due Process Clause," the justices found.

"The prohibition embodied in the Excessive Fines Clause carries forward protections found in sources from Magna Carta to the English Bill of Rights to state constitutions from the colonial era to the present day," Ginsburg argued in the case. "Protection against excessive fines has been a constant shield throughout Anglo-American history for good reason: Such fines undermine other liberties."

Ginsburg added that such fines "can be used, e.g., to retaliate against or chill the speech of political enemies."

Trump has appealed the New York civil fraud judgment, challenging Judge Arthur Engoron's finding that the former president lied about his wealth as he grew the real estate empire that launched him to stardom and the presidency.

Trump's lawyers filed a notice of appeal Monday asking the state's mid-level appeals court to overturn Engoron's Feb. 16 verdict in New York Attorney General Letitia James' lawsuit.

The attorneys wrote that they're asking the appeals court to decide if Engoron "committed errors of law and/or fact" and whether he abused his discretion and/or his jurisdiction.

Trump, who has denied all wrongdoing, owes $355 million in fines and about $100 million in accrued interest that continues to grow.

Ginsburg told the The New York Times in July 2016: "I can't imagine what this place would be — I can't imagine what the country would be — with Donald Trump as our president."

"For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be — I don't even want to contemplate that," she said.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38927 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
^^^ Mark Levin covered the Timbs case on his show on Sunday as well...

https://rumble.com/v4fvfg3-pro...?mref=ah9c7&mc=cfcoh

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6268 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Bradley has been prepped heavily

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3614 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Not terribly bright either - comes across as willfully ignorant

Posts: 53470 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
He recalls little details but just not the actual pertinent info.

I DO NOT RECALL

His lawyer is feeding him answers through his bitchy objections. Testifying for the witness

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3614 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
SMDH - With really bad memories.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6268 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
A former Trump assistant describes a Trump run RNC.

https://twitter.com/_johnnymag...sistance-day-1134%2F

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16864 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The state's next witness, another attorney.

Oh lawdy, they certainly have some, ahem, colorful lawyers in Georgia.

And it does appear that the judge allowed the additional evidence, the cell phone data, to be submitted.

ETA:Actually I'm not 100% sure about that. Perhaps someone else can verify it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30671 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post