SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 ... 1158
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
So will we.... in the voting booth...

https://twitter.com/PapiTrumpo...166600839552/photo/1

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The Supreme Court will put a halt to this nonsense.

Yes, and I hope the Justices use harsher language than is usually seen in SCOTUS rulings.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9469 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's a two year old tweet from Maine Secretary of State. You can tell she's sincere in her beliefs. Roll Eyes

https://twitter.com/bennyjohns.../1740535991860089317

She seems to have upset the townfolk.

https://twitter.com/JBRYKER200.../1740545904611135833

Posts: 109160 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Take a look at this shit. Get a load of this grandstanding bitch.

Yet another human who didn't get enough of the tit as a child.

https://twitter.com/wendyp4545.../1740552398178009180

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I always thought the purpose of voting was for "The People" to decide, not some hellbent political hack Judge or bureaucrat.

The best part is Donald J Trump is getting all this front-page advertising absolutely Free! Just like in 2016 when the TV blared him nonstop for free.

Genius!

Posts: 8726 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's a two year old tweet from Maine Secretary of State. You can tell she's sincere in her beliefs. Roll Eyes

She was the Executive Director of the ACLU in Maine.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17193 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"grandstanding bitch" exactly

https://twitter.com/therealZNO.../1740563824913297645

Trump was never convicted of an insurrection.
Trump was never charged of an insurrection.
Trump was acquitted during his 2nd impeachment over his "involvement" with an insurrection.

Donald Trump:

“The Maine Secretary of State is a former ACLU attorney, a virulent leftist and a hyper-partisan Biden-supporting Democrat who has decided to interfere in the presidential election on behalf of Crooked Joe Biden.”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...all-to-replace-them/

Former President Donald Trump told Breitbart News in an exclusive interview at his luxurious seaside resort Mar-a-Lago that he expects to face neither incumbent Democrat President Joe Biden nor incumbent Vice President Kamala Harris in November 2024 in the general election.

Trump said that while he does “hope” that Biden hangs on on the Democrat side to win his party’s nomination, he “can’t believe he’s going to be the nominee.”

“He’s a cheater. He’s a scoundrel. He’s a bad guy,” Trump told Breitbart News of Biden. “But in his life, he’s always been able to convince people he’s this really nice guy. I laugh when they say, ‘Trump is the evil one, and he’s the nice one.’ That’s the one thing he’s been able to do. All you have to do is look at his credentials. When you compare him today to 15 or 20 years ago, he’s a different kind of a guy. The guy can’t talk. The guy can’t put two sentences together. So I do think this: I cannot believe he’s going to be the nominee. I hope he is. But I can’t believe he’s going to be the nominee.”

Asked who he thinks will replace Biden on the Democrat side atop the ticket, Trump said he does not know, but he does not think Harris will make it either. He said some Democrats would argue that if not Biden, it has to be Harris because of the promise Biden made to Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) to pick a black woman as his running mate — which was essential for Clyburn’s backing in 2020 that helped Biden secure the nomination with a resounding victory in the Democrat primary in South Carolina. But Trump said he thinks that Harris’s weaknesses, as evidenced by her failures on major national policy items, will prove too daunting for Democrats and that they will need to drop her as well.

“I don’t know,” Trump said. “There’s a whole thing that it has to be Kamala because of the whole deal with [Clyburn]. I don’t think they’ll get her by.”

Asked later in the interview again what he thinks happens among Democrats if they ditch both Biden and Harris from the ticket and who replaces them, Trump again said he is unsure who might emerge but said he thinks it will be a “free-for-all” among Democrats to try to seize the top spot on the ballot.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

She has the look and haircut of a person who's go-to response to any pushback is, "Because I told you so!"

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
She needs to be taught a lesson.

Perhaps harsh enough that it serves as a warning that we’ve all had enough

She knows exactly what she did and was going to do - she just needed to try to influence the outcome because she’s a democrat hack.

Posts: 53849 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
(Pic of angry Lego villagers)

I'll be on the lookout for about a dozen sets of those guys! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13907 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5916 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Nikki New Taxes"

I like it. It sings.

Haley is the new darling of the left. No, it's not a joke. Well, it is a joke, but it's not a joke.

https://twitter.com/TheLeoTerr.../1741240581735743664

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"The more you indict, the more we unite."

"You go to jail in Zone 6 Atlanta, you a brother. Straight up."

https://twitter.com/PapiTrumpo.../1741264789781794872

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
FBI arrests L.A. actor and Republican Party official over alleged involvement in Jan. 6 riot

https://www.latimes.com/califo...ficial-jan-6-capitol

A Los Angeles County Republican Party executive board member was arrested on charges related to entering the U.S. Capitol during the riot on Jan. 6, 2021, according to news reports and party officials.

Siaka Massaquoi, first vice chair of the L.A. County Republican Party, was arrested Thursday by FBI agents at Hollywood Burbank Airport, the agency confirmed. Massaquoi was reportedly returning with his wife from Nashville, where the couple attended the premiere of the Daily Wire’s new film “Lady Ballers,” a controversial comedy mocking transgender athletes, according to Red State, a conservative news media outlet for which Massaquoi is a columnist.

Massaquoi was taken into custody on misdemeanor charges including trespassing, disorderly conduct and parading or demonstrating in a Capitol building, and he was held in jail overnight and released on a $1,000 bond Friday, Red State reported. He appeared in court on Friday, according to FBI spokesperson Laura Eimiller.

Real bad dude. Just watch his violent behavior at the Capitol Roll Eyes 3 years later he gets arrested.

https://twitter.com/_SiakaMass.../1731055218790392177

Posts: 13119 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Headline of a local commie rag I saw when I got coffee this morning says a couple of idiots are suing to keep Trump off the republican primary ballot in VA. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/david-strom...e-everything-n598736

The US Supreme Court added a new complication to the prosecution of Donald Trump for trying to overturn the 2020 presidential election, as the justices agreed to hear an appeal from a Jan. 6 Capitol riot defendant facing a related charge.

The justices said Wednesday they will decide whether Joseph Fischer can be charged under a 2002 law that grew out of the Enron Corp. collapse for obstructing an official proceeding. Prosecutors have also invoked that law against Trump, as well as in 300 other Capitol riot cases.

Supreme Court involvement could give Trump new grounds for arguing to push back his March 4 federal court trial in Washington until after the 2024 presidential election. Trump is currently the frontrunner for the Republican nomination.

Ultimately, a ruling favoring Fischer could upend two of the four counts Trump is facing in the case, one of four criminal prosecutions against him. Under its normal scheduling procedures, the Supreme Court will hear arguments next year and rule by the end of June.

The Supreme Court’s decision to accept the case suggests that at least four justices believe there is a legitimate argument that the obstruction statute does not apply to interfering with the joint session of Congress, according to former federal prosecutor Barbara McQuade.

“It creates some uncertainty for the Trump indictment, which includes two counts that rely on that same legal theory,” McQuade said. “On the other hand, two other counts do not rely on this theory at all, and so the case can and should proceed without regard to this issue.”

But Timothy Parlatore, a criminal defense lawyer who once represented Trump in the Jan. 6 prosecution, said Supreme Court review is “a potential game changer” for the ex-president’s case. If the court rules for Fischer, “it will completely gut the Trump indictment,” he said.

Fischer contends the Justice Department is overstretching a provision in the 2002 Sarbanes-Oxley Act that was designed to outlaw the destruction of corporate documents in cases of financial wrongdoing.

The provision authorizes as much as 20 years in prison for a person who corruptly “alters, destroys, mutilates, or conceals a record, document, or other object” with the intent to undermine an official proceeding. A second prong applies to anyone who “otherwise obstructs, influences, or impedes any official proceeding.”

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...a-ballot/ar-AA1mea1q

A federal judge in Virginia on Friday dismissed a lawsuit aimed at removing former President Donald Trump from the state’s 2024 primary ballot citing the insurrection clause of the Constitution’s 14th Amendment.

The complaint, filed by activists Roy Perry-Bey and Carlos Howard, alleged that Trump “engaged in insurrection or rebellion” against the US and should therefore be disqualified from seeking the office he once occupied.

Judge Leonie Brinkema of the Eastern District of Virginia, an appointee of former President Bill Clinton, found that the plaintiffs lacked standing to sue to get Trump, 77, off the state’s primary ballot.

“At least five additional federal courts have concluded that citizens attempting to disqualify individuals — including former President Trump — from participating in elections or from holding public office based on the January 6, 2021 attack on the United States Capitol lacked standing,” Brinkema wrote in her 13-page ruling.
“Plaintiffs have totally failed to demonstrate how their alleged injuries are traceable to the conduct of defendants,” the judge added.

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
1/1/24

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I am trying my best to not do any "hand wringing" over the next few months, but articles like the following do elevate my anxiety level quite a bit! It makes the exact case that I have been talking to my wife about for months now... and when the CIA and FBI are involved, there's not a damned thing voters can do about it, short of all-out war against the .gov!

https://www.westernjournal.com...state-will-reemerge/

Posts: 4784 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post