SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Clueless asshole

What these clueless assholes don't realize, or just flat out ignore, is that Trump is the face and voice of the Republican Party, that they are now merely bit players scratching for crumbs. Claiming he "has weakened the party for decades to come" is a lame desperate attempt to remain relevant in a Trump world. These RINOs, and I include DeSantis in this group, have been put into the race to simply prevent Trump from reaching the WH again, and doing a piss-poor job of it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
And we thought that BDS was bad. It got nothing on TDS. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26401 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5740 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Frickin' MAGAphobics Mad

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

https://revolver.news/2023/11/...led-from-his-pocket/

Donald Trump reportedly pulled out a piece of paper from his suit jacket in court, claiming it would clear him of all wrongdoing in the $250M fraud case.

Left-wing Judge Arthur Engoron refused to let him read it.

The paper in question reportedly was a disclaimer clause relating to a financial statement that AG Letitia James is using to go after him.

“I would love to read this, Your Honor, if I could?” Trump reportedly asked the judge.

“Not at this point, not at this point,” Engoron replied.

“I’m shocked,” Trump shot back.

The disclaimer clause, according to Trump, meant that he wasn’t liable for any inaccuracies on the documents.

“I think that the statements of financial conditions were very good, were actually somewhat conservative, and they were totally protected, and so was I, by the disclaimer clause,” Trump argued. Kangaroo Court.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
11/6/23

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump's Judge's Wife Denies Posting Anti-Trump Messages

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-anti-trump-messages

The wife of Judge Arthur Engoron has denied making anti-Trump posts on X, after conservative activist Laura Loomer said Dawn Engoron was behind an account that frequently posts anti-Trump content against the former president.

According to Loomer, Dawn Marie Engoron ran a Twitter account @dm_sminxs, where she has allegedly been posting "FUCK TRUMP" tweets, photos of Trump in an orange jump suit, and retweeting attacks on Trump while the trial was ongoing.

Dawn Engoron denied the claims, telling Newsweek: "I do not have a Twitter account. This is not me. I have not posted any anti Trump messages."

But does she have an X account?

Engoron is overseeing Trump's New York civil case, in which AG Letitia James has accused the former President and his organization of inflating their net worth by billions of dollars to obtain premium financing between 2011 and 2021. In September, Engoron ruled - sans jury, that Trump's financial statements committed fraud.

Loomer doubled down, noting that the suspected X account has been locked, that Newsweek "admit(s) they can’t definitively say this account doesn’t belong to Arthur Engoron’s wife," and that Engoron's son has deleted his LinkedIn account yesterday "after I exposed him getting preferential seating from his father in the trial of President Trump."

Loomer also says that "According to the rules of the Chief Administrative Judge of the New York State Unified Court System, judges must “not allow family, social, political or other relationships to influence the[ir] … judicial conduct or judgment."

She has called for Engoron to recuse himself.

According to the rules of the Chief Administrative Judge of the New York State Unified Court System, judges must “not allow family, social, political or other relationships to influence the[ir] … judicial conduct or judgment.”

Judge Engoron needs to recuse himself and there… https://t.co/fBMt1lxMAZ pic.twitter.com/7ieRD6DlXg

— Laura Loomer (@LauraLoomer) November 9, 2023
That said, Newsweek spoke with former federal prosecutor Neama Rahmani, who said that a judge's spouse's social media is "not by itself grounds to disqualify a judge," pointing to Ginni Thomas, the wife of USSC Justice Clarence Thomas, whose pro-Trump posts have drawn scrutiny (though, not on an active trial her husband is reviewing - so nice try.)

"Judges themselves have to post something that raises concerns about their impartiality for recusal or disqualification to be appropriate. Family member social media activity, even one's spouse, isn't enough," said Rahmani.

Following Loomer's reporting, conservative commentators called for a mistrial, with former Trump admin official Richard Grenell calling it a "sham trial."

more at link

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Engoron is overseeing Trump's New York civil case, in which AG Letitia James has accused the former President and his organization of inflating their net worth by billions of dollars to obtain premium financing between 2011 and 2021.

If Trump exaggerates his net worth, and no one is harmed, he should be jailed or lose his business...

But if the government doesn't account for spending OUR money... there's no accountability:

Watchdog finds massive spending reporting discrepancies in Biden administration
Treasury Department figures don't account for $195 BILLION

The Departments of Treasury, Health and Human Services (HHS), Homeland Security (DHS) and Transportation (DOT) were flagged by GAO for having multi-billion dollar discrepancies across different public COVID-19 spending disclosures during the 2022 fiscal year. Twenty-five executive agencies, which are responsible for internally determining if they meet the conditions that would require reporting their expenditures to USAspending, were included among the 49 agencies GAO identified as having not reported their COVID-19 obligations to USAspending.

https://dailycallernewsfoundat...cies-in-biden-admin/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Those double and triple standards, chellim. We’ve explored that path before… Razz Wink

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
And we wonder why Vivek was so pissed last night?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26401 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Home Depot co-founder, billionaire philanthropist endorses Trump: 'Going to win the nomination'

By Ben Whedon
Published: November 9, 2023 5:59pm
Updated: November 9, 2023 6:03pm

Bernie Marcus, the 94-year-old founder of Home Depot and Job Creators Network and the dean of the conservative donor class, threw his support Thursday behind former President Donald Trump in 2024 and implored Republicans to train their resources on attacking President Joe Biden instead of each other.

Marcus, for decades one of the most influential donors in politics and philanthropy, made the endorsement in the immediate aftermath of the third Republican primary debate, which drew an unexpectedly small audience and some criticisms as well.

The Republican National Committee has carried on with debates despite Trump's unwillingness to participate as he has built a large double-digit lead in the GOP primary. Marcus deemed the debates to be "unproductive and embarrassing" spectacles in light of Trump's runaway frontrunner status.

"Let’s face it: Donald Trump is going to win the nomination. You should be doing all you can to ensure his winning the general election," Marcus wrote in a RealClearPolitics op-ed. "I understand the frustration of some of my Republican friends who do not like or are offended by things Donald Trump does and says. I, too, have been frustrated at times, but we cannot let his brash style be the reason we walk away from his otherwise excellent stewardship of the United States during his first term in office."

"I endorse him not only because he has the best chance of winning the general election but because he is the best person to take on and dismantle the administrative state that is strangling America," he added, before highlighting the ongoing ongoing in the Middle East and praising Trump's history of maintaining peace abroad.

"America’s enemies respect and, more importantly, fear Donald Trump’s judgment, strength, decisiveness, and courage," he declared. "I urge my fellow Democrats, Republicans, and Independents to put their love for America above all else. I urge the Republican National Committee to end the Republican debates that only benefit ad makers and political consultants."

Marcus's post-debate endorsement of Trump may signal that disaffected Republican donors who have held out hope that an alternative candidate may emerge through the primary process are reconciling themselves to a Trump candidacy. With the Iowa caucuses scheduled for mid-January, alternative candidates may yet see their resources run dry ahead of the start of the nominating contests.

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This isn't hard to figure.

https://twitter.com/jsolomonRe.../1723014658259288238

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This isn't hard to figure.

https://twitter.com/jsolomonRe.../1723014658259288238

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1723014658259288238" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 641px; display: block; border: medium; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.azurewebsites.net/embeds/bgmessage.png'); background-position: center 20px; background-size: 300px; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I'm not a lawyer nor am I staying at a Holiday Inn Express, but doesn't him uttering those words confirm his bias? Not guilty verdicts are not appealed to a higher court, only guilty verdicts are appealed. So he has publicly indicated that his mind is already made up.

JP

Posts: 2054 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...fraud-trial-n2631064

Congresswoman Elise Stefanik (R-NY) filed an ethics complaint Friday against Judge Arthur Engoron, whom she accused of “clear judicial bias” in the civil fraud case against former President Trump.

"After the defendant won an appellate ruling against Judge Engoron on the appropriate statute of limitations in this case, the judge simply ignored the ruling. Judge Engoron entered summary judgment against the defendant before the trial even began, without witnesses, other evidence, and cross-examination. This, despite the fact there’s disputed material evidence–and there’s no victim of the defendant’s supposed fraud. Indeed, as the trial evidence has made clear, the defendant paid back the sophisticated Wall Street banks, on time, in full, with interest, as agreed.

No insurance company paid a penny. And these banks and insurance companies, supposedly defrauded, continue to do business with the defendant. Yet Judge Engoron decreed before trial the defendant somehow committed fraud. Now, the judge is holding a trial–with no jury–to determine how much of Tish James’ requested $250 million in damages–with no victims–he will extract from the defendant. How does this not violate the defendant’s Seventh Amendment right to a jury trial?

And Judge Engoron has made it crystal clear he doesn’t care what the defendant or his attorneys have to say. Indeed, Judge Engoron illegally gagged them. Judge Engoron told the defendant: “We are not here to listen to what you have to say.” He told the defendant’s counsel: “I am not here to hear what he has to say, now sit down!” And Judge Engoron even threatened the defendant’s counsel if he filed a routine motion for a directed verdict: “You better not, Chris!”"

Stefanik further noted that Engoron and his staff are “partisan Democrat donors,” detailing troubling financial contributions they’ve made.

“Judge Engoron’s lawlessness sends an ominous and illegal warning to New York business owners: If New York judges don’t like your politics, they will destroy your business, the livelihood of your employees, and you personally,” she wrote. “This Commission cannot let this continue.”

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Such a clear summary of the disgusting situation. Good on Congresswoman Elise Stefanik.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8959 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Evidence of a significant cultural change that may, in 2024, defeat all efforts of the left and the deep state to keep Donald Trump from winning re-election.

https://twitter.com/CitizenFre.../1723193479289880936

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
These fuckin' people, I swear. Roll Eyes

https://twitter.com/IanJaeger2.../1723333806659088545

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023