SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

Exactly - that makes it a family problem

Posts: 53188 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Special Prosecutor Jack Smith Seeks Gag Order on President Trump

Earlier today U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan unsealed previously hidden court filings revealing the DOJ’s request to silence Donald Trump via a judicial gag order [Read PDF Here].

Special Prosecutor Jack Smith is arguing that President Trump is undermining the fairness of the proceedings by pushing back against the narratives and leaks the DOJ is providing to the media. As noted by Smith, President Trump is “disparaging” and delivering “inflammatory attacks” on prosecutors, witnesses and the judge in the case.

I think we all knew this request was eventually going to happen. The question going forward is whether Judge Chutkan is willing to attempt to block the #1 presidential candidate from speaking, while simultaneously allowing the DOJ/FBI and Jack Smith to leak to the media.

Unfortunately, I think the intent to support the request is exactly why Judge Chutkan unsealed the request. She is trying to control the blast damage from a decision she fully intends to make.

President Trump responded on Truth Social:

https://theconservativetreehou...-on-president-trump/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24121 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
9/18/23

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
^^^ Frightening ain't it?

Elections will, soon enough, be meaningless...if they're not already.

Posts: 20109 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over 2.5 years after January 6, Ray Epps indicted with single dinky misdemeanor “disorderly conduct” charge… From Revolver website linked to:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...harged-doj-rcna99836

ALSO:

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...g-delayed-wrist-slap

Posts: 12686 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Seems to me, based on lot's of video evidence, he guilty of 'insurrecting', incitement of, and likely conspiracy to commit it! But what do I know... Roll Eyes

To this day, people are STILL languishing in jail over 'disorderly conduct' from that day! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8894 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Antifa Discussed Plans to Firebomb Federal Buildings, Jan. 6 Court Filing Contends

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...er&src_cmp=ZeroHedge

A group of self-identified Antifa supporters who wanted “civil war and revolution” on Jan. 6 sought online blueprints for federal buildings so they could firebomb them and discussed using a Roman legion formation to attack police lines, a Sept. 15 court filing alleges.

Defendant William Pope of Topeka, Kansas, included the information in a renewed U.S. District Court push (pdf) to compel federal prosecutors to produce all bodycam footage and video filmed by Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) undercover officers on Jan. 6, 2021.

Mr. Pope, 37, publisher of the news website Free State Kansas, was at the Capitol on Jan. 6, covering the protest and subsequent violence.

Federal prosecutors charged him with civil disorder, corruptly obstructing an official proceeding, entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds, impeding ingress or egress in a restricted building or grounds, disorderly conduct in a Capitol building, impeding passage through the Capitol grounds or buildings, and parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building. He faces a July 2024 trial.

According to Pope’s latest motion, MPD officers made a traffic stop at 10:15 a.m. on Jan. 6 of a vehicle containing three Antifa operatives: Jonathan Kelly, Logan Grimes, and Dempsey Mikula.

“Undercover officers who stopped their vehicle said they had received reports that the individuals were carrying weapons,” Mr. Pope wrote. “No footage of this incident has been produced by the government in discovery. However, Kelly live-streamed part of the police stop to Facebook.”

Mr. Kelly refused to allow police to search his vehicle, so they sent for a dog to sniff the vehicle for contraband.

“A little over ten minutes into Kelly’s livestream, a team of uniformed MPD officers showed up to replace the undercover police,” Mr. Pope wrote. “These uniformed officers wore body cameras and instructed Kelly, Grimes, and Mikula to get out of the vehicle while they waited for the dog to arrive.”

At least two of the undercover officers who made the traffic stop were wearing colorful bracelets that identified them as members of MPD’s Electronic Surveillance Unit (ESU), which gathered intelligence and shot video around Washington and at the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Nearly 30 members of the Electronic Surveillance Unit were assigned to duty on Jan. 6, 2021, some of whom were gathering evidence on crowd activity. Members wore a special band on their left wrist to identify themselves as part of the unit, according to the MPD's 96-page Jan. 6 action plan.

'We Are Antifa'

The trio of Antifa adherents created a video of themselves singing “We are Antifa” on their drive from Michigan to Washington for the Jan. 6 events, according to a video exhibit filed by Mr. Pope with his motion.

Metropolitan Police arrested Mr. Grimes—who identifies as a woman and uses the name Leslie—for carrying a pistol without a license and being in possession of a high-capacity magazine and unregistered ammunition, according to Mr. Pope.

The U.S. Department of Justice “has deemed the Grimes arrest relevant enough to the Jan. 6 cases to produce body camera footage from the officer who transported Grimes from the scene of the arrest to the booking facility,” Mr. Pope wrote, “but the government has withheld recordings from the many other officers who were on scene during the stop, vehicle search, and arrest.”

Charges against Mr. Grimes were dropped a day later, on Jan. 7, 2021.

“This lack of prosecution compared to other January 6 cases and the fact that the government continues to hide information about the ESU officers who conducted the Antifa car stop and body camera recordings demonstrates the government is intentionally concealing information about this Antifa seditious conspiracy,” Mr. Pope wrote. “Such information is exculpatory in my case.”

The three Antifa operatives communicated using a server on the social media platform Discord. That server—nicknamed ‘Insurgence’—was managed by John Earle Sullivan, the Black Lives Matter activist who filmed the shooting of Ashli Babbitt near the House of Representatives on Jan. 6, Mr. Pope wrote.

Mr. Sullivan, 29, of Tooele, Utah, is charged with 10 Jan. 6 crimes, including civil disorder, obstruction of an official proceeding, unlawful possession of a dangerous weapon on Capitol grounds, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds with a dangerous or deadly weapon, and other federal charges. He faces an Oct. 23 trial in Washington.

“Individuals using Sullivan’s Antifa server began discussing plans to look up blueprints for ‘tax buildings’ online so they could firebomb them by throwing fireworks into broken windows,” Mr. Pope wrote. “In addition to this, Antifa co-conspirators on Sullivan’s server began sharing tactical plans for attacking police lines using a Roman legion formation.”
Discord Server Coordination

Mr. Kelly and Mr. Grimes “were clearly conspiring with John Sullivan using Sullivan’s online server,” Mr. Pope wrote. “On December 29, 2020, John Sullivan posted an image of firearms and tactical gear on his Antifa server along with the message: “Civil War and Revolution.”
Mr. Pope said he believes MPD undercover video and officer bodycam footage could contain more clues about communication and coordination between Mr. Sullivan and Antifa operatives.

“This makes all ESU recordings and bodycam recordings of Sullivan, Kelly, Grimes, Mikula, and any other conspiring Antifa relevant to my defense, and the government has a Brady [Supreme Court decision] obligation to produce all such recordings and any other tips or related materials in discovery,” Mr. Pope wrote. “This also further justifies my request for the court to grant my motion to compel the government to produce all ESU recordings and body-worn camera footage.”

At the top of the scaffolding near the police line on Jan. 6, Mr. Sullivan said, “This is a revolution, mother[expletives], let’s go, we taking this [expletive]!” Mr. Pope wrote. “After breaking through police lines, Sullivan said, 'This [expletive] is ours’ and ‘we accomplished this [expletive].'

“Sullivan then yelled for people down on the lawn to 'get up here.’”

Mr. Kelly, who wore a beige gas mask and carried a baseball bat, was the last person remaining on the southwest scaffolding at the Capitol and had to be removed by police, Mr. Pope wrote.

“Kelly and Mikula then faced off with police lines and stayed at the Capitol past the curfew,” Mr. Pope said.

Mr. Grimes and Mr. Kelly posted photos of themselves in the crowds near the Ellipse. Mr. Kelly “asked his Antifa co-conspirators on Sullivan’s server whether he should ‘start blasting [expletive] Donald Trump on my megaphone,'” Mr. Pope said. “This demonstrates that those conspiring with Sullivan had a general objective to cause chaos on January 6, 2021.”

In previous court filings, Mr. Pope disclosed how an undercover MPD officer assisted protesters in climbing over barricades and encouraged them to continue up the northwest steps to the Capitol. He was heard on video participating in crowd chants such as, "Whose House? Our House!"
More recently, Mr. Pope disclosed how MPD officers on the Capitol's upper terrace retreated from one of the entrances, giving protesters free access to stream into the Capitol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Not complaining, but I find red text to be a bit hard to read on my iPhone. For me, italic would be better. Old eyes here. Thanks for the post in any case.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8960 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
^^^^^
Not complaining, but I find red text to be a bit hard to read on my iPhone. For me, italic would be better. Old eyes here. Thanks for the post in any case.

Changed it to green. Does that work better?

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Thank you, but green isn’t significantly better. It’s just me, I think.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8960 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
^^^^^
Thank you, but green isn’t significantly better. It’s just me, I think.

Changed it to black. Don't want anyone to miss the most important part. Thanks for letting me know it was a problem on phones.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The italic text is pretty nifty for emphasis!

Serious about crackers

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Not sure what you want to emphasize but bold works pretty well, or maybe bold AND italics. Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8894 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"We Are Antifa'
The trio of Antifa adherents created a video of themselves singing “We are Antifa” on their drive from Michigan to Washington for the Jan. 6 events, according to a video exhibit filed by Mr. Pope with his motion.

Metropolitan Police arrested Mr. Grimes—who identifies as a woman and uses the name Leslie—for carrying a pistol without a license and being in possession of a high-capacity magazine and unregistered ammunition, according to Mr. Pope.

The U.S. Department of Justice “has deemed the Grimes arrest relevant enough to the Jan. 6 cases to produce body camera footage from the officer who transported Grimes from the scene of the arrest to the booking facility,” Mr. Pope wrote, “but the government has withheld recordings from the many other officers who were on scene during the stop, vehicle search, and arrest.”

Charges against Mr. Grimes were dropped a day later, on Jan. 7, 2021."

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2...onald-trump-n2164069

When Donald Trump and 18 other co-defendants were indicted by Fulton County DA Fani Willis earlier in the year, there was one name suspiciously missing from the list. That would be attorney Lin Wood, who was one of the ringleaders in claiming the 2020 election in Georgia was stolen.

Aside from holding rallies promoting "Stop the Steal," Wood even went so far as to claim that Brian Kemp and Brad Raffensberger were going to be jailed. Given that, you can imagine the confusion among onlookers when it was revealed he wasn't charged with anything regarding Willis' supposed criminal conspiracy.

Now, we know why, or at least we have a pretty darn good idea of why. On Wednesday, a court filing revealed that Wood has flipped on Donald Trump and will be a key witness for the state in the RICO case.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From my point of view, nothing that I've seen or heard regarding Trump and his conversations or other communications shows anything beyond a guy who's frustrated at the illegalities the other side is committing.

What is there for Wood to flip on? What can he truthfully say that will be different from what we've seen or read already?

I know by now I shouldn't be, but I'm sure I'll be surprised at the next set of lies and low behavior the Left exhibits regarding this situation.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm curious, in all of this hub bub about Trump 'claiming' the election was stolen, does anyone remember Florida 2000?? An election where the Democrats lost their minds over the potential loss of Florida forcing multiple recounts, the close examination of each 'chad' to see if it was deformed or not. A process that took weeks with the Democrats challenging everything possible, even filing lawsuits. Everything had to be laid out in the open and examined.

My how things have changed......

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I'm curious, in all of this hub bub about Trump 'claiming' the election was stolen, does anyone remember Florida 2000?? An election where the Democrats lost their minds over the potential loss of Florida forcing multiple recounts, the close examination of each 'chad' to see if it was deformed or not. A process that took weeks with the Democrats challenging everything possible, even filing lawsuits. Everything had to be laid out in the open and examined.

My how things have changed......

Nothings changed. Laws don't apply to Democrats.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post