SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

It’s regretful that the primary seems headed toward a negative campaign. More than anything, I wish the two men would not attack each other and would just focus on presenting their own best cases to the voters.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

Are the two attacking each other though? All of the attacks seem to come from Trump.

Asking for DeSantis to be removed as Governor is a real dick move on Trumps part.

I said it in the Trump/DeSantis thread, and I'll say it again here. If they both swallowed their pride, especially President Trump and they teamed up to battle the dems, they could not be beat. Given the state of the country, I hope they see what's needed.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Given the state of the country, I hope they see what's needed.

They won't.

This is Presidential politics. You better believe it's going to be as nasty as you fear it could be. And then maybe even a little worse than that. This Primary will be a blood bath.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
President Trump Says He Expects to be Arrested Next Tuesday

In a Truth Social post earlier today [LINK HERE], President Donald Trump announced a leak from the Manhattan district attorney’s office indicates he will be arrested next Tuesday.

While there has been some attention to the “protest, take our nation back” element to the statement, in totality that reference point appears to be misinterpreted. President Trump is not calling for a protest in response to his arrest per se’; to me he appears to be calling upon “protest” in relation to the totality of the corrupt and manipulative state of our nation as a result of the radical leftists tearing our nation apart.

https://theconservativetreehou...tuesday/#more-244449

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The enemy will make any protest part of their corrupt agenda.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
No way is RDS gonna issue a Governors warrant for extradition of Trump. It would be the end of his political aspirations.

Many forget that DeSantis owes his win in 2018 for the governorship to Donald Trump. In the state primaries, he was trailing Adam Putnam badly, and was being out spent by Putnam as well. In fact, it was Pence who tried to discourage Trump from getting in between DeSantis and Putnam, but Trump endorsed DeSantis anyways. After that endorsement, DeSantis turned his campaign around and months later defeated Putnam. In fact, DeSantis used Trump's endorsement as a key focus of his campaign.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Graham slams soft-on-crime Bragg for targeting Trump while New Yorkers 'lucky' not to get ‘mugged’
quote:
"They're making stuff up that they've never used against anybody because they hate Trump. That's what this is. They're brewing a legal cocktail, to try to come up with some bizarre theory," Graham said. "The law never used by anybody in New York, just because they hate Trump. You know why they're doing this? Because they're afraid of Trump. That's why they're doing it."
Pure desperation. Donald Trump may be indicted (I doubt it), and if so, he'll beat this, but he will not be arrested.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Feast on this, gentlemen

posted Hide Post
It’s going to get crazier, I better up my Xanax script & buckle up.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
styx is one of the best discoveries I've made on this forum, he sure has a quick wit and a way with words - excellent speaker too with no timing crutches like um and. He's on a roll to night and I needed to hear his optimism. Cool

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://threadreaderapp.com/user/StephenM

Stephen Miller

Twitter logo
14h • 3 tweets • 1 min read

The idea that a routine private settlement, unconnected to any campaign activity, is a criminal offense because the settlement should have been paid with official campaign funds is the most preposterous, ludicrous, idiotic, indefensible, fraudulent “legal theory” conceivable.

Under this “theory,” candidates must use federal campaign funds for private, personal or corporate matters—an exact inversion of federal law. Indeed, DOJ prosecutes those who use campaign funds for expressly non-campaign purposes. Of course, the “theory” is all bogus pretext.

No serious human believes that Manhattan DA’s office believes any of this. They understand this is a purely partisan exercise in vengefully prosecuting a political enemy precisely as is done is repressive third world nations, despotic regimes and marxist authoritarian states.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There’ll be no peace for President Trump. He’s just hated pure and simple. That makes me like him even more.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The People are not stupid. We see what is happened (or didn't rather) with the Biden laptop, payments from China, ties to Ukraine, etc. yet every .gov agency/prosecutor is focused on trying to nail Trump for the slightest infraction.

Everyone breaks the law. Everyone says things that would get them "cancelled." We're fucking human and perfection is impossible to achieve for 1 person let alone an entire planet yet we have these liberal cunts mouthbreathing behind their keyboards, salivating at any chance for Trump to goto jail while there's a log stuck in their eye.

If they have to go this hard and this far to try and get something to stick to the leading Republican Presidential candidate then what's to stop them from doing it to every political figure that opposes them and their agenda? The liberals/democrats are like a thermostat who keeps fucking with the temperature and when they hit a limit, they come down a degree or two while the frog gets boiled. Well the conservative/Republicans are like a light switch and once it turns on they better watch out.

Posts: 800 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Stephen Miller

The idea that a routine private settlement, unconnected to any campaign activity, is a criminal offense because the settlement should have been paid with official campaign funds is the most preposterous, ludicrous, idiotic, indefensible, fraudulent “legal theory” conceivable.

Under this “theory,” candidates must use federal campaign funds for private, personal or corporate matters—an exact inversion of federal law. Indeed, DOJ prosecutes those who use campaign funds for expressly non-campaign purposes. Of course, the “theory” is all bogus pretext.

No serious human believes that Manhattan DA’s office believes any of this. They understand this is a purely partisan exercise in vengefully prosecuting a political enemy precisely as is done is repressive third world nations, despotic regimes and marxist authoritarian states.
Yes, looking at Miller's assessment, it's bizarre that they're even trying this. It really does show how very desperate they are. Biden is a walking eggplant, his VP is an incoherent and completely detached do-nothing, and the Dems have no one viable to take Biden's place for the upcoming election, whereas the Republicans have Trump, with DeSantis waiting in the wings.

This is really last-ditch, bottom of the barrel stuff they're pulling. I agree with those who are saying that this slimy partisan maneuver will serve to make Donald Trump stronger, by making him a more sympathetic character, and by energizing the voter base, and though I'm no kind of legal expert, I can't imagine this charge could possibly prevail in a court of law.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
In an odd way, I can see the dims trotting out michelle, like the Red Sea scene from The Ten Commandments.

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Here we go again, with the Michelle non-sense Roll Eyes

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
recoatlift, unless I'm mis-remembering, the boss has said many times he doesn't want to see any more of that Michelle Obama nonsense in SF.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pologize, as much as I’m on here, I honestly have never replied or even paid attention to her truly, I missed this entirely and m backing out of here, I do thank you for that help.

Ps, going back wiser!
Psss. Thanks ensignmatic I need to up date my med list. I’m now on Aripiprazole and supposed to show this med letter from my docs, why I might go into Tourette syndrome / general schizo fits. I see a benefit in this letter as I can now go off on commies and show them the docs letter! Maybe the law won’t rough me up too bad, being complied with. I was also given parking decals. It’s paying me to be squirrely .

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
A grand jury in Manhattan has been soliciting testimony from witnesses, including disgraced former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, who alleges he aranged payments in 2016 to two women to silence them about sexual encounters they claimed to have with Trump a decade earlier.
Paying hookers to not have sex? Is that all? It's at most a very minor misdemeanor. Besides, I thought their silence was part of the initial purchase price. Razz

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
today in NYC at Trump Tower

stoic one pointed out this video was actually from 2020

I hope a strong public showing of support for Donald Trump makes the DEMs understand that many see how corrupt and crooked they are.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post