SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Under the agreed upon debate rules, each candidate is to have two minutes of uninterrupted time to make remarks at the beginning of each 15 minute segment of the debate. These remarks are to be followed by a period of open discussion. Both campaigns this week again reaffirmed their agreement to the two-minute, uninterrupted rule.

Interesting. It seems like someone on this forum, said something like this after the last debate. That the candidates would be separated and microphones turned on and off to avoid interruptions.

I wonder who that member was... Hmmmmmmmm

Interesting side note, I was watching a show on Air Force One on Smithsonian and one of the people interviewed said Trump is a huge germaphobe. He apparently has an aide nearby at all times with hand sanitizer and spray for his hands and surfaces. Interesting that this hasn't come out before as the left constantly accuses him of disregarding the virus and ignoring masks, distancing, etc. Seems unlikely for a germaphobe.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:
John Roberts screws us again! Smarmy asshole.

Supreme Court Rejects Republican Challenge to Pennsylvania Vote-by-Mail Changes; 4-4 Split; Roberts Sides with Liberals.

Article
I'm confused by this count. Was this heard early enough for RBG to weigh in on it (I'm assuming)? If so, then a dead woman and a turncoat POS just stacked the deck against our president. Roberts has now made it clear his distain for this president (and indirectly us) will guide all his decisions. We desperately need ACB on the court to negate his vote. Come on Breyer, its time for you to retire.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With all the support seen for President Trump - the massive rallies, boat & car parades, signs in yards, etc., why is Pennsylvania the deciding state? Isn't it just as likely that he'll carry all of the other states he won in '16, and then some?

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
^^^^ B/c nothing should be taken for granted and one shouldn’t give an inch on any front to the lying POS Commies.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I'm confused by this count. Was this heard early enough for RBG to weigh in on it (I'm assuming)? If so, then a dead woman and a turncoat POS just stacked the deck against our president.

I'm not following you. Ginsburg obviously had no say in the final decision.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
^^^^ B/c nothing should be taken for granted and one shouldn’t give an inch on any front to the lying POS Commies.

That's a given and shouldn't have to be stated in every question asked.

I ask my question above as regards the Electoral College and how Pennsylvania can be the one state to decide the election. My understanding of the Electoral College is basic and am looking for insight from forum members because I trust their knowledge and interpretation far more than I do Wiki or Google.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
I ask my question above as regards the Electoral College and how Pennsylvania can be the one state to decide the election.

It takes 270 electoral votes to win. Any combination of states that adds up to 270 will do it. Pennsylvania has 20 electoral votes.
You can play with the map here and find a way to 270. It's an interactive map and will let you decide which way each state will go. It's just that Pennsylvania is the most undecided of the larger states. It could go either way.
Click on Create Your Own Map:

https://www.realclearpolitics....ral_college_map.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
As much as I want Trump to skip the debate he still needs to go. They are trying to get him to drop out to protect Joe and call him a coward who can't defend his positions. I have no doubt they will "accidentally" mute him when they are not suppose to as well as "accidentally" leave Biden's mic on so he can interrupt Trump. Thankfully Trump won't need a mic as I'm sure he can still be heard when needed. Joe won't be able to speak without a mic for too long as it will literally be to taxing physically.

The RNC needs to come out with a statement saying that this is the LAST debate a republican nominee will take part in that has been set up by the presidential debate commission. Any future debates (2024, etc) will will not involve them at all due to their proven bias.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
50 Cent tells his supporters to vote for PDJT over Biden's tax plan...

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...-over-biden-tax-plan

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5401 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
California Ballot Box Burned

Police Say Somebody Intentionally Started A Fire In A California Ballot Box
By Bill Galluccio
Oct 19, 2020

Authorities in Baldwin Park, California, are looking for a suspect who started a fire inside of a ballot drop off box. Investigators said that somebody tossed a lit piece of newspaper into the ballot box, which was sitting outside of the Baldwin Park Library.

George Silva was biking by the flaming ballot box just as firefighters arrived.

"You could see heavy clouds of smoke coming out of the ballot box," Silva told the Los Angeles Times. "It looked like a chimney."

Firefighters had to squeeze a firehouse down the box's opening to extinguish the flames and then used a power saw to cut open the box.

Officials removed the damaged ballots and brought them to the Los Angeles County registrar-recorder's office. They did not say how many ballots were destroyed or if any of them had been salvaged.

Mayor Manuel Lozano told KABC that he believes there were about 100 ballots in the box. "People are frustrated across the country, it's no different in Baldwin Park," Lozano said. "The incident that happened...does send a very bad message, as it is, the frustration with the voting box and then this occurs."

Voters who dropped off their ballot in the box in front of the library can use the county's official ballot tracker to ensure their vote was counted. Officials have not said what voters will have to do if their ballot was destroyed in the fire.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Officials have not said what voters will have to do if their ballot was destroyed in the fire.

There are at least a dozen reasons why voting should be done 1. on election day, and 2. in person.
It's the only way to safeguard the process.
Dipping the thumb in ink would help too.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Cali has been blue since 1992. Probably not enough Trump ballots in that box to make a difference. Better the fire was there than in a swing state.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:
John Roberts screws us again! Smarmy asshole.

Supreme Court Rejects Republican Challenge to Pennsylvania Vote-by-Mail Changes; 4-4 Split; Roberts Sides with Liberals.

Article
I'm confused by this count. Was this heard early enough for RBG to weigh in on it (I'm assuming)? If so, then a dead woman and a turncoat POS just stacked the deck against our president. Roberts has now made it clear his distain for this president (and indirectly us) will guide all his decisions. We desperately need ACB on the court to negate his vote. Come on Breyer, its time for you to retire.

Breyer, Kagan, Sotomayor, Roberts... blocked.

RBG is still dead and had nothing to do with the ruling. It just shows us that this court with ACB is still only slightly tilted toward the conservative side. Roberts should be added to the list of extensive failures of GWB.

quote:
There are at least a dozen reasons why voting should be done 1. on election day, and 2. in person.

Our early voting in TN is pretty damn secure. The flexibility of early voting makes it more convenient and takes away any excuse for not being able to vote. My deeply red county is up about you 50% more votes than the first 4 days of early voting in 2016.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The people who are most likely to vote when in-person, same-day voting is required are those who have no other conflicts: the retired, the young who can skip a class or don’t have to be in school all day, and especially the unemployed like those living on welfare.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
[QUOTE]
Interesting side note, I was watching a show on Air Force One on Smithsonian and one of the people interviewed said Trump is a huge germaphobe. He apparently has an aide nearby at all times with hand sanitizer and spray for his hands and surfaces. Interesting that this hasn't come out before as the left constantly accuses him of disregarding the virus and ignoring masks, distancing, etc. Seems unlikely for a germaphobe.

I watched a special on the TRUMP airplane made several years before he ran for office. It showed their meticulous cleaning and polishing of all the surfaces in preparation of his trip somewhere, it was apparent that he is very particular that it be maintained in perfect condition. I did not hear anything about him being a germaphobe, however.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

I think Trump has got Ice Cube's endorsement as well.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Officials have not said what voters will have to do if their ballot was destroyed in the fire.

It is not the only way, but it is a good way. Valid government issued picture ID wouldn’t hurt either. I’ll still stick with voting at home at my leisure, then dropping it off at the County Clerk-Recorder’s office, either ahead of time or on Election Day, depending on how things go.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Or bring a bullhorn so they can hear him Big Grin

I suspect Trump can project his voice enough to make Biden stumble and complain but not having his voice be picked up (too much anyway) by Biden's mic. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

50 Cent does not want to become 25 Cent. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I think he just said he was working with President Trump, but could be wrong.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post