SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 1147
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
here ya go, Joe

https://twitter.com/i/status/1319466667676749824

No more fracking video

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just encountered an interesting thing to see that Facebook is jumping on the censoring for 'The Big Guy' Joe. A local news article about the debate last night leaving voters with a better view of the candidates. Only 2 comments at the time I looked, they were showing only 1 as relevant....which said "Way better! The moderator was way better also!"

I select all comments and this one is now visible: "Pretty interesting that Biden stated that he wants to destroy the oil industry"

They know that comment is going to bite him in the ass.

Posts: 977 | Location: Upstate South Carolina | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...der-the-bus-n2578644

moderator Kristen Welker pointed out that immigration reform was never accomplished under the Obama administration. And this, she reminded viewers, “had been a key promise during the administration.” Beyond that, there’s no disputing that Obama and then-Vice President Joe Biden “presided over record deportations, as well as family detentions at the border before changing course.” Welker wanted to know why Americans should trust Biden with immigration reform now if he were to become president.

“Because we made a mistake made. It took too long to get it right. Took too long to get it right. I’ll be President of the United States, not Vice President of the United States," he replied. "Within a 100 days, I’m going to send to the United States Congress a pathway to citizenship for over 11 million undocumented people. And all of those so-called dreamers, those DACA kids, they’re going to be immediately certified again to be able to stay in this country and put on a path to citizenship. ... We owe them. We owe them."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Would you close down the oil industry?" Trump asked Biden.

"I would transition from the oil industry, yes," Biden answered.

"Why would you do that?" the moderator asked.

"Because the oil industry pollutes significantly," Biden elaborated.

Biden went on to say he would transition out of the oil industry by eliminating subsidies for oil companies, which would lead to catastrophic job losses for American workers

In a Biden administration, climate change will be priority number one and "AOC plus three" and the Green New Deal will be leading the Biden administration's elimination of the oil industry.

posted Hide Post
Talk about TDS gone haywire...
I use an application called Expensify for tracking business travel expenses and creating reports. It is able to populate necessary field just by taking a picture of the receipt.
I got onboard early so have been grandfathered in as they have enhanced their offerings.

Overnight I received the following email - wow...we should send over someone to do a "Wellness Check" on the CEO.

Anybody have any other Android compatible T&E expense management software recommendations?

Subject: [Expensify] Protect democracy, vote for Biden.

I know you don’t want to hear this from me. And I guarantee I don’t want to say it. But we are facing an unprecedented attack on the foundations of democracy itself. If you are a US citizen, anything less than a vote for Biden is a vote against democracy.

That’s right, I’m saying a vote for Trump, a vote for a third-party candidate, or simply not voting at all -- they’re all the same, and they all mean:

“I care more about my favorite issue than democracy. I believe Trump winning is more important than democracy. I am comfortable standing aside and allowing democracy to be methodically dismantled, in plain sight.”

If the polls are accurate, there’s a roughly 50% chance that you agree Trump needs to go. You know what to do: show up on November 3rd and vote for Biden. Or even better, don’t wait until then: vote today. Go to Vote.org if you need help figuring out how.

The rest of this email is intended to address the concerns of those who disagree, and I’ll try to take the most likely questions in turn:

Q: Why do you care so much about democracy?

Democracy is core to our business success, in a variety of ways. Internally, we are a famously “flat” organization -- nobody reports to anyone else, and advancement is the result of meeting well defined criteria as judged by the vote of those who have already advanced. How we compensate each other is left up to a team vote as well. Even our external business model depends on individual employees “electing” to adopt Expensify as individuals, and then “campaigning” internally to get it adopted companywide. At every layer, democracy is our core competitive advantage -- both as a company, and as a nation. But that advantage is only as strong as the clarity of our rules and the fairness of their application. Any attempt to disrupt the rules or apply them unfairly is a direct threat to the strength of our company, and the strength of our nation.

Q: What gives you the right to tell me what to do?

The first amendment. To be clear, you don’t need to listen. But the first amendment exists to encourage people like you and me to find some way to talk about the issues that matter, set aside our differences, and find a common ground on which to collectively govern 331 million citizens. Yes democratic self-rule can be inconvenient. But a burden of democracy is that this is literally our job, so I’m asking all of us to take it seriously.

Q: But you’re a company, shouldn’t you remain neutral?

Expensify depends on a functioning society and economy; not many expense reports get filed during a civil war. As CEO of this business, it’s my job to plot a course through any storm -- and all evidence suggests that another 4 (or as Trump has hinted -- 8, or more?) years of Trump leadership will damage our democracy to such an extent, I’m obligated on behalf of shareholders to take any action I can to avoid it. I am confident our democracy (and Expensify) can survive a Biden presidency. I can’t say the same about Trump. It’s truly as simple as that.

Q: Don’t you think you’re… exaggerating a bit?

I truly wish I was. I wouldn’t be sending this email if this election were just about “normal issues” -- taxes, legislative priorities, healthcare, etc. But it isn’t. This election is a referendum on what limits, if any, we place on our elected leaders to govern us in a fair and representative way. This election will decide if widespread voter suppression is an acceptable governing tactic.

Q: Doesn’t everyone suppress votes?

Not like Trump. This is the most heavily litigated election in history, with over 300 lawsuits rushing through the courts before election day. And in every case, Biden is pushing to enable voters while Trump is pushing to suppress them. The trend couldn’t be more clear: Biden wants democracy, Trump does not. A vote for Trump is to endorse voter suppression, it really is very basic. This isn’t about party politics: if Biden were advocating for half of the voter suppression that Trump is actively doing, then I'd be fighting against Biden, too. This is bigger than politics as usual: this is about the very foundation of our nation.

Q: Isn’t Trump just trying to prevent voter fraud?

Voter fraud is virtually nonexistent, as overwhelmingly shown by data showcased by the White House itself. That data comes from the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank counting every single known case of voter fraud since 1948, which adds up to only 1,290 distinct votes over 78 years. In 2016 alone there were 138 million votes. There is just no credible argument that voter fraud is significant, even based on Trump’s own data.

Q: Isn’t Biden just using more widespread voting to get elected?

Absolutely. This is the heart of the issue. Biden believes that enabling more people to vote will help him win. Biden wins by promoting democracy; Trump wins by suppressing it. A vote for Biden is a vote for democracy.

Q: So what if Trump gets elected by voter suppression, all’s fair right?

Well that’s what we’re going to decide, on November 3rd. Do you want your elected official to win based on the merits of their ideas? Or based on the ruthlessness of their voter suppression? And if you’re ok with “just a little suppression” -- where do you draw the line?

Q: Why send me this when the polls say Biden is going to win?

The polls said Trump was going to lose last time, and he didn’t. But even if the polls can be trusted, that might still not be enough. Trump has stated repeatedly he will only honor an election that he personally feels is fair. So much depending on his personal judgement is worrying, because he has rejected the overwhelming expert consensus that voter fraud has been negligible historically, and has also said he believes it would be impossible to lose a fair election. Accordingly, the only way to ensure a peaceful transition of power is to ensure this election is an overwhelming, undeniable landslide in favor of Biden. Any excuse to question the election is an opportunity for Trump to refuse to leave the White House, plunging this country into a Constitutional crisis bordering on civil war. No matter how slight that risk might be, the consequences of it happening would be so catastrophic to society and the economy, we need to do all we can to prevent it.

So one final plea. As a fellow citizen, I fully support and respect your Constitutional right to disagree -- and as an avid supporter of democracy, I value that disagreement. Constructive, well-informed debate (hopefully using the most accurate, least biased news source available) is what makes this nation so exceptional.

But the Constitution is only as strong as the respect we give it. I’m asking you to cherish it close to your heart, and demand that those you elect do the same.

-david

Founder and CEO of Expensify

PS: Agree or disagree? Reply to this email to share your thoughts with Concierge, or hit me up on Twitter @dbarrett to discuss!

PPS: Want to do even more? Support the National Popular Vote to make every vote count equally toward the presidential election, even if you aren’t in one of the 12 states deciding this election.

PPPS: Are you annoyed that you received this as a non-US citizen? If you're lucky enough to live in a democracy, then I'd encourage you to protect it and be willing to do uncomfortable things -- like emailing millions of customers -- to defend it.

Sent by: Expensify, Inc. - 548 Market St #61434 - San Francisco, CA 94103
To unsubscribe, please click here

Posts: 256 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Biden demanded; Trump obliged.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG...igshid=1gxu8ipoajibu

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Founder and CEO of Expensify

I would tell that guy that "our democracy" is not at stake. We live in a Constitutional republic, and our Constitution is at stake. He wants to destroy everything that has made this country the last best hope of mankind to live in freedom.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24581 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

mar 2020

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Some are happy with Welker, not over interrupting, I disagree.

The timing of Welker's interruptions is what matters. Trump made some killer points, Biden on his heels and Welker jumped in to deflect from Joe. Several such moments, the biggest when Trump hammered Biden's lack of results over eight years, Joe blames a Republican congress. Trump says "You work with them". Biden was gobsmacked, Welker jumps in saving his sorry arse.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8544 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden:

"my son has not made money in terms of this thing about, what are you talking about, China."

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Some are happy with Welker, not over interrupting, I disagree.

The timing of Welker's interruptions is what matters. Trump made some killer points, Biden on his heels and Welker jumped in to deflect from Joe. Several such moments, the biggest when Trump hammered Biden's lack of results over eight years, Joe blames a Republican congress. Trump says "You work with them". Biden was gobsmacked, Welker jumps in saving his sorry arse.

Of course, she's a Dem. That's to be expected. But, after the disaster that was Wallace, she was better. But, I don't think any of us is "happy" with Welker. She also bailed Biden out, when the President repeatedly asked, "Who built the cages, Joe?" and Biden refused to answer.

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ She also saved his ass when Trump asked Joe, "Are you the 'Big Man,' Joe? Did you get 10%?"

Joe didn't have to respond to that because of Welker.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I wasn't able to watch the whole debate so I don't know if this happened or not if it didn't I wish it had...

When Obamacare was passed it was this big secret, and if I recall correctly only 12 people in the entire United States government had the opportunity to read it before it was put to vote. I clearly remember pelosi standing before Congress saying "if you pass it then you can read it".

The US Congress and Senate voted to pass the law that only 12 people had read, that impacted over 300 million Americans and completely changed how health care was approached in this country. It was a total scam then and became a total scam and it's implementation.

that should have been a key point because not only did it show how bad Obamacare is, but exactly how the Democrats operate

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden had the questions in advance of the debate, especially the last one - that was too well - looked very rehearsed to me.

Moderator played it well in her bias against the President. Very subtle, but it was there. The questions she asked, alone are indication of this.

President did good, could have done better in some instances, but then the President did not have all the questions in advance. Did well in getting the 'emails' in to the mix.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1690 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biden had the questions in advance of the debate, especially the last one - that was too well - looked very rehearsed to me.

In the portion of the debate that I saw that was very obvious. Biden's answers came way too fast and we're almost perfectly formatted. He's simply not capable of that level of thought, I'd argue that most people are not.

It also appeared on at least 2 occasions he was reading something on his podium as he was talking or starting to talk.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the unedited 60 minutes, both President Trump and Vice-President Pence. The Vice-President did a FB job in backing up the President. Very cool with a smile - Stahl was going mad. Brilliant.

Otherwise, the President's 60 minutes was a clear hit job. Surprise..... Makes it hard for him to look Presidential - which is of course what the propaganda arm of the American Bolshevik party is trying to prevent.

Remember, when President gave the daily virus briefings, his ratings went up big, he was looking too Presidential and the media had to put a fork in it.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1690 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
When Trump was calling Joe "Big Man". I was expecting Joe to correct him saying, "Big Guy!".

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

But, after the disaster that was Wallace, she was better. But, I don't think any of us is "happy" with Welker. She also bailed Biden out,

She certainly wasn't 'fair,' but she was a LOT better than wallace. In a dem-controlled media atmosphere, it was probably the best we could have hoped for.

Anybody else notice biden's "Abraham Lincoln" quote? He started ranting "Abraham Lincoln is the most racist president in history. Coming down the escalator,. . ." I was confused, wondering if slow joe actually thought there were escalators in 1863. Then I realized he mean to call President Trump racist. President Trump then, very politely, as if speaking to a particularly dumb child, said "I never said I WAS Abraham Lincoln, I said I did more for African Americans than any president SINCE Abraham Lincoln." All biden could do was that fake smiley/laugh face, since he knew he screwed up big-time and could not recover from it.

And biden gets all offended that President Trump called him out for speaking against fracking, saying he never said that (which we all know to be a lie), THEN says he will get rid of all oil in the country.???...?? Uh, joe, if you are against oil production, that means you are against fracking.

Oh, he kept saying he was from Scranton (PA), but then said "when I was growing up in Delaware. . .." Also, he tried to say how dirty and polluting oil production was, and he gave that story of how, as a child, they got into their car on the way to school or something and when they activated the windshield wipers, the windshield was smeared with oil. Well, let's do the math. Slow joe is about 78 yrs old? So, assuming he was 8 yrs old when this story (supposedly) took place, that was 1950. We have come a LONG way from 1950 as far as environmental protections are concerned. Does he really think the oil fields are as dirty now as they were 70 yrs ago, or was he just lying again? With him, it's hard to tell.

Slow joe did not do well at all this debate; he was confused, his comment of 'malarky' made him sound like he was an out of touch old coot (which he is), and his finger-pointing is just condescending (my wife said it reminded her of bill clinton waving his finger at us). President Trump, despite the handicap against him, wiped the floor with joe.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:
Biden had the questions in advance of the debate...

Yes. One point in particular, as the question/topic was being posed, you could see in Biden's eyes "I got this". He looked smug and his body relaxed. And yep, jumped in with both feet when it was time to talk.

Posts: 8544 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My takeaways are that Biden threw Obama under the bus last night (and he must be pissed), and that Shotgun Joe has officially aligned himself with the New Green Deal, California energy policies, and the extreme left.

He is toast, and the Democrats know it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Shocking to me this morning. NBC's "Today Show" opening headlines, recapping the debate, unquestionably made Trump look good, Biden bad. OK, that's how it went down but this is NBC. I'm hoping they see handwriting on the wall and fear a very much deserved reckoning may be afoot.