SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Rank reduced to buck private. Loss of all benefits. In fact, just shoot the bastard.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Gotta throw in my 2 cents (about what its worth).

I am NOT by anyone's measure a political expert. I tune into the news right at the time to see the weather forecast and even that is often bullshit. So, from my view...

We hired an Architect 4 years ago to take on an 8 year challenge to restore our deteriorating mansion to its former glory. Anyone that thinks now is the time to replace him with a different Architect seems to be focusing on the wrong things.

Has he said and done some stupid shit? Of course he has. Who among us hasn't? Those without fuck ups in their lives and careers, throw them stones away. Everyone else needs to focus on performance results... where we were, where we are, and where we can be... Living in that glorious mansion we tasked him to rebuild.

If I were flogged publicly for all of my mistakes and threatened with termination, I would be far less productive and successful... always doing what is safe and never swinging for the fence.

That said, I do wish he would stay off that tweeter BS. No matter what you say, haters will twist it to meet their agenda.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I wish he'd back off the tweeting for the same reason, the media will twist everything he says. However, between his constant tweeting, daily briefings for crud and daily briefings with the media in front of the White House, he is more connected to his constituents than any President in my lifetime. And he does it all off the cuff with no obama/biden speech writers and need of a teleprompter.

So I guess that's a good thing.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Just asking the question.....does anyone else besides myself think it's about time the Tree of Liberty were watered?? It's looking a little withered... Wink

You are not alone, my friend.

In fact, it's far overdue.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm a relative newbie to the broad political scene so I have to ask, please, (at the risk of oversimplifying): is the President required to hand over his tax returns? I understand that many others before 45 have handed over their tax records, but is it in any way required?

And if it's not required, then why is the left trying so hard to force it? I understand that they think they can find some dent in the armor, some loose thread in there to pull on to try (yet again) to disrupt/destroy this President, but if it's not a requirement, then why are they trying to force it?

I'm imagining something goofy like, "Oh, crap, will ya look at that! He didn't do the math right on his Schedule C!" Confused

- - - - - - - -

quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I wish he'd back off the tweeting for the same reason, the media will twist everything he says.

#Can't_Deny Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just asking the question.....does anyone else besides myself think it's about time the Tree of Liberty were watered?? It's looking a little withered... Wink

If it comes to it, there will be no shortage of patriots. Everyone is tired of the lies and self serving BS coming from the left.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I'm a relative newbie to the broad political scene so I have to ask, please, (at the risk of oversimplifying): is the President required to hand over his tax returns? I understand that many others before 45 have handed over their tax records, but is it in any way required?

And if it's not required, then why is the left trying so hard to force it? I understand that they think they can find some dent in the armor, some loose thread in there to pull on to try (yet again) to disrupt/destroy this President, but if it's not a requirement, then why are they trying to force it?

I'm imagining something goofy like, "Oh, crap, will ya look at that! He didn't do the math right on his Schedule C!" Confused

There is absolutely NO requirement that a president or presidential candidate release his tax returns . It is a custom - nothing more. The only requirements for the office relate to age and citizenship and are specified in the constitution. The rest is up to the voters. We the people decided to elect Trump as POTUS with full knowledge that he was not going to release his tax returns. The Democrats are just hoping that they can embarrass the president with something in his returns (income level lower than what Trump claims, debt level really high, maybe loans from the "wrong" banks (Russian or Chinese)). That's what it's all about. The Democrats are just desperate.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That's about what I thought. Thank you.

As a follow-up question: if there's no requirement that tax returns be handed over, then on what grounds are people suing to have it done?

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
people are suing because they can and also in the hopes that a judge will rule in their favor...

I think its a bad precedent to do so unless the President is on trial for a criminal act

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
As Donald Trump has frequently been compared to Andrew Jackson for his personality in the Presidency, I am reminded of what Andy Jackson said of a SCOTUS decision with which he disagreed: “John Marshall [John Roberts] has made his decision, now let him enforce it.” Wink

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
If any Leftard or Demoshit does NOT think that President Trump has an ARMY...literally...of CPA's and Attorneys looking at his tax records on a daily (if not hourly) basis, then "they've tested positive for STUPID", to paraphrase Senator John Kennedy.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If any Leftard or Demoshit does NOT think that President Trump has an ARMY...literally...of CPA's and Attorneys looking at his tax records on a daily (if not hourly) basis, then "they've tested positive for STUPID", to paraphrase Senator John Kennedy.

Unfortunately we are constantly dealing with stupidity. All of them are evil and work for the evil one, in my opinion.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This is hilarious. Biden is now a Nationalist...

Biden tries to co-op Trump's America First message.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
IMO, the Democrats are not looking for anything illegal or even questionably legal in his tax records--they are looking for evidence that he made payments to females to keep them quiet about presumed sex crimes.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He could hand them over with multi encryption.

When will the R's demand Pelosi and Bidens taxes

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Tax records are held by the IRS. Does anybody think that any ranking Democrat has not already had access to Trumps tax records? There is nothing there if there were we would have already heard about it.

As a life long businessman Trump does not want his records exposed to his competitors. Would you? Also I don’t think there is a line item deduction for paying off hookers. If he paid off some floosies how would you ever be able to figure it out from his tax statement.

This is more of a operation to put it into people’s mind Trump is a crooked cheat and he’s hiding it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of people who believe there exist lines on the 1040 for "enter net worth here" and "amount of tax you would like to pay above what you owe."

Posts: 3538 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:

The dems really could be opening a can of worms they wish they hadn't. I hope so anyway.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:

The dems really could be opening a can of worms they wish they hadn't. I hope so anyway.

Did anyone ever follow up and prosecute those TDS sufferers who leaked some of his past records?

Not that I heard! It should be no challenge to determine who did it, and where it came from.

But that would require an effort from the swamp dwellers who are suffering from TDS.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t go to far with that line of argument Elk, Biden released his taxes this spring.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post