SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Those Superhero landings are hard on the knees.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They'd better not be doing that right now.

Yeah, now is the time to be slinging bombshells, not nothing-burgers. Seems like the last few times they've teased a big reveal, it's been the latter, not the former.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been said that politics in Texas is a bloodsport.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A glimpse of things to come...

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm curious... Why does the President and Senate have to agree to a peaceful transition of power, a month before the election?

Did I miss Pelosi make the same promise for the House?

It's as if the decision was already made in some people's minds.

Come to think of it, I heard this before... Around February 2016 I think. "Will Trump hand over power peacefully"

I think I'm most bothered by the wording. It is t "will you leave office peacefully", it's "will you give us power peacefully". Two very different sentences.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
It’s the same crap they tried last election asking Trump if he will accept the results of the election. If he says yes the headlines the next day would be Trump Admits Defeat. He wouldn’t commit to the question because even in 2016 Trump understood who he was dealing with and knew not to give them what they wanted.

Now nearly four years later it’s laughably obvious who would not accept the results of the election. Now the Democratic Media Party are trying the same thing acting as if Trump might fall for it this time.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Is anyone watching the Black Empowerment live stream? They have a "Text WOKE to XXXXX" banner. Haha. I love it.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, watching it. Lots of positivity in that room.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's some good stuff. Needed a pick me up today

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
President Trump speaking now

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Wow is he baiting them with the 12 year stuff Razz

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Several outlets, including CNN, now reporting that Trump will pick Amy Coney Barrett for the SCOTUS seat. Formal announcement tomorrow at 5PM.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Several outlets, including CNN, now reporting that Trump will pick Amy Coney Barrett for the SCOTUS seat. Formal announcement tomorrow at 5PM.
Let me guess, "anonymous sources within the administration..."
Thanks captain obvious. Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What fries my bacon is that the "D" party has refused (and the MSM, etc.) to accept the results of the 2016 election, and have the unmitigated gall to ask the President that question. Mad

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump $500B Black America plan designates KKK, Antifa as 'terrorist organizations'

President Trump’s plan for Black America designates the KKK and Antifa as terrorist organizations and calls for making lynching a national hate crime, while pledging to increase access to capital in Black communities by nearly $500 billion, Fox News has learned.

The president on Friday is expected to roll out details of what the campaign is calling the “Platinum Plan,” which details “opportunity,” “security,” “prosperity,” and “fairness” for the Black Community.

“For decades, Democrat politicians like Joe Biden have taken Black voters for granted. They made you big promises before every election—and then the moment they got to Washington, they abandoned you and sold you out,” the president is expected to say Friday, according to remarks exclusively obtained by Fox News. “The Democrats will always take Black voters for granted until large numbers of Black Americans vote Republican.”

The president is expected to tout the plan as “a bold vision that we can and will achieve over the next four years.”

The president’s plan, according to the campaign, will increase access to capital in Black communities by almost $500 billion, help to create 500,000 new Black-owned businesses, and help to create 3 million new jobs for the Black community.

Fox News obtained a copy of the "Platinum Plan." It states that it will “prosecute the KKK and ANTIFA as terrorist organizations and make lynching a national hate crime.”

The president’s plan also vows to make Juneteenth a national holiday.

Meanwhile, the president is also expected to commit to working on a “Second Step Act,” and provide access to better jobs and training opportunities for those in Black communities.

The Platinum Plan also pledges to give Black churches the ability to compete for federal resources for their communities; bring better and tailored healthcare to address what the campaign called “historic disparities,” and advance home ownership opportunities and enhance financial literacy in Black communities.

As for educational opportunities, the president is expected to vow, in federal, state and local community partnerships to “close failing schools” to replace with “full school choice and education opportunity,” while continuing to protect Historically Black Colleges & Universities.

The president is also expected to pledge to increase the amount of Pell grants and allow for vocational employment and advance targeted apprenticeship and job training programs.

Trump is expected to slam his Democratic opponent Joe Biden, saying that the former vice president “is offering Black Americans nothing but the same, tired, empty slogans.”

“I stand here to offer you solutions,” Trump is expected to say, while adding that “no one in Washington politics today has done more to hurt Black Americans than Joe Biden.”

The president is also expected to vow to increase public safety in Black communities.

“Instead of fighting for public safety for these communities, the Democrats are attacking our police and empowering far-left rioters, looters, and anarchists,” Trump is expected to say. “In the Republican Party, we believe in protecting ALL black lives – including the unborn.”

He is expected to add that Republicans "believe that every child, of every race – born and unborn – is made in the Holy image of God. Republicans believe that all human life is sacred.”

“At no time before has there been a clearer choice between two parties, two visions, two philosophies, and two agendas for the future,” Trump will say.

LINK

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Let me guess, "anonymous sources within the administration..."
Thanks captain obvious. Razz

Close....

"people close to the process who asked not to be identified disclosing the decision in advance"

NY Times has it now too.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
A glimpse of things to come...
]

“I don’t wanna watch him do it again...”

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

You made my day Para!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
What fries my bacon is that the "D" party has refused (and the MSM, etc.) to accept the results of the 2016 election, and have the unmitigated gall to ask the President that question. Mad

And the reporter blurts out in frustration, "but people are rioting!" Basically saying, but if we don't get what we want, it's going to get worse. "All you have to do is surrender, and there will be peace; why won't you capitulate!"

It drives these leftists crazy that Trump will never capitulate to their terroristic demands. Ain't gonna work this time, and that reporter just completely showed his ass.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is funny.

Jonathan Karl can't...quite...come to terms with the truth, because when he gets near it, it scares him:

ABC's Jonathan Karl: 'A big chunk of the country' believes the press is now 'the resistance'
quote:
ABC News chief White House correspondent Jonathan Karl expressed his concern about how the general public views the press during the Trump era.

During an interview with Mediaite, Karl discussed the tense relationship between White House reporters and President Trump, something he suggested has had "negative consequences" with many Americans.

"I do believe that unfortunately, there is a big chunk of the country that believes that the press is now the resistance and I think it's really unfortunate and I think that it has negative consequences for a free press. I think it has negative consequences for our democracy," Karl told Mediaite on Thursday. "But I think that the aggressive questioning of the president, particularly now in the wake of what we've seen unfold with the pandemic is absolutely necessary. Not only justified but necessary.
Yeah, you keep workin' on it, Jonathan. You might manage to inch a bit closer to the reality if you try reeeeeeeeal hard.

The media have been so corrupted, so biased, so arrogant for their lack of accountability for so long that they just can't see it. After all, they believe they are the smart ones who must tell us unwashed how to think. I still recall the reporters in Saigon reporting on the Vietnam War from the Saigon bars. If they got out of their newsroom and came out in the real world for a bit and worked for a living they might start to see it, but not from their bubble. Come work on a farm, in a factory, on a construction site for a month or two and come to grips with some reality that was not created on your keyboard Karl.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised that Antifa and BLM haven't already been named as terrorist organizations but it occurred to me the reason may be that were the government to do so, then they could ALL be shot with zero repercussions to the shooter - after all, who is going to prosecute someone who just killed a terrorist...

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post