SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 1148
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thank God for President Trump!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39230 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I really believe Trump can win Minnesota this time around and as I've said here several times it's because of the riots. Good article from the American Spectator articulates my thoughts.

quote:
Biden’s peril in Minnesota is in many ways emblematic of everything that’s gone wrong for Democrats in this campaign. While the Real Clear Politics average of Minnesota polls still shows Biden leading Trump by more than five points, a poll by Emerson College earlier this month had Trump within three points, and a poll by the GOP-affiliated Trafalgar Group two weeks ago showed a tie in Minnesota. How could a state that twice gave majorities to Barack Obama, a state that not even Ronald Reagan could win in his 1984 landslide, be in play for Trump this year? Well, in a word, riots.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Gonna be a landslide

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
8/31/20

No description Provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Cliff,

It has been quite awhile since anyone thanked you for these posts, so Thank You! :thumbsup:

Should you ever drift a bit NW to the Mt Rushmore area, give me a shout and I'll buy you an adult beverage. Big Grin

Still want to know if that "velvet voicebox" can crank out some bluesy BLUES! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a double post, but this is a very good Donald Trump interview (long)

Parts 1,2,3

seen at CTH

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Calif Phil:
I watched both the DNC and the RNC. The DNC told me I am a racist and the doom and gloom was down right depressing. The RNC made me proud to be an American and I can't wait to vote for Trump again.

Agreed

Posts: 24242 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Cliff,

It has been quite awhile since anyone thanked you for these posts, so Thank You! :thumbsup:

Should you ever drift a bit NW to the Mt Rushmore area, give me a shout and I'll buy you an adult beverage. Big Grin

Still want to know if that "velvet voicebox" can crank out some bluesy BLUES! Smile

Much appreciated sir. If I ever get up that way, rounds 2 on up will be on me.

No blues to this voicebox. You are the 5th member in 8 months to ask about my voice & how I got my tag. Don't want to do a major thread drift in this thread, will address it in another thread.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
ICE arrests 2,000+ illegal immigrants in sweep; 85% with criminal convictions or charges

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers have arrested more than 2,000 illegal immigrants in a surge of arrests between July and August, around 85 percent of which had criminal convictions and pending criminal charges.

In a Tuesday press release, ICE reported that between July 13 and Aug. 20, ICE officers arrested 1089 illegal immigrants with past criminal convictions and 863 more with pending criminal charges.

Tony H. Pham, the acting director for ICE, said, “The aliens targeted during this operation preyed on men, women and children in our communities, committing serious crimes and, at times, repeatedly hurting their victims.”

“By focusing our efforts on perpetrators of crimes against people, we’re able to remove these threats from our communities and prevent future victimization from occurring,” Pham added. “Through our targeted enforcement efforts, we are eliminating the threat posed by these criminals, many of whom are repeat offenders.”

ICE provided graphs detailing the number of criminal convictions among those arrested.

ICE also provided a graph of the number of pending criminal charges among those arrested.

ICE noted many of those arrested had multiple charges or convictions, and provided a list of the criminal convictions and charges included among those arrested.

Of the convictions and pending charges, ICE recorded:

-388 convictions and 386 pending charges for assault – including simple assault, battery against family and non-family members and assault against law enforcement;
-291 convictions and 216 pending charges for domestic violence;
-83 convictions and 64 pending charges for sexual offenses – including rape, sexual assault, indecent exposure and failure to register as a sex offender;
-136 convictions and 63 pending charges for family offenses – including neglect and cruelty towards a spouse or child;
-71 convictions and 40 pending charges for sexual offenses involving a minor;
-14 convictions and 12 pending charges for homicide – negligent manslaughter and murder;
-23 convictions and 44 pending charges for harassment – extortion, intimidation and harassing communications;
-29 convictions and 7 pending charges for hit-and-run;
-20 convictions and 10 pending charges for robbery;
-12 convictions and 2 pending charges for contributing to the delinquency of a minor;
-9 convictions and 15 pending charges for kidnapping;
-11 convictions and 3 pending charges for identity theft;
-1 conviction and 1 pending charge for arson; and 1 conviction for rioting.

In the press release, ICE stated it “does not exempt classes or categories of removable aliens from potential enforcement. All those in violation of immigration law may be subject to arrest, detention and, if found removable by final order, removal from the United States.”

In the 2019 fiscal year, ICE arrested individuals with more than 1,900 convictions or charges for homicide, 1,800 for kidnapping, 12,000 sex offenses, 5,000 sexual assaults, 45,000 assaults, 67,000 crimes involving drugs, 10,000 weapons offenses, and 74,000 DUIs.

ICE deported some 267,258 illegal immigrants in 2019 and 256,085 in 2018.

https://americanmilitarynews.c...17&mc_cid=da47766cef

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JPMorgan Says Investors Should Prepare for Rising Odds of Trump Win

Investors should position for the rising odds of President Donald Trump winning re-election, according to JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Betting odds that earlier had Trump well behind challenger Joe Biden are now nearly even -- largely due to the impact on public opinion of violence around protests, as well as potential bias in polls, said strategist Marko Kolanovic.

Based on past research, there could be a shift of five to 10 points in polls from Democrats to Republicans if the perception of protests turns from peaceful to violent, he said. People giving inaccurate answers could artificially skew polls in favor of Biden by 5%-6%, he added.

“Certainly a lot can happen in the next ~60 days to change the odds, but we currently believe that momentum in favor of Trump will continue, while most investors are still positioned for a Biden win,” Kolanovic wrote Monday. “Implications could be significant for the performance of factors, sectors, COVID-19 winners/losers, as well as ESG.”

Biden’s narrowing advantage in polls evokes memories of the 2016 election, when such tallies seemed to favor Hillary Clinton strongly. While Clinton won the popular vote by several million, the Electoral College, a state-by-state count that determines the election outcome, ended decisively in Trump’s favor.

Kolanovic, who has been accurate on calls including the stock rally after Trump’s election and the rebound from Covid-19-fueled lows earlier this year, said important drivers of the election in coming weeks include developments on the Covid-19 pandemic, which looks like it might subside as the vote nears.

While the strategist didn’t spell out the implications of a Trump win in Monday’s note, back in June JPMorgan suggested a Biden victory would lead to a weaker dollar. The tail risk of a large swing to progressive policies could lead to U.S. asset underperformance that would be dollar-negative, particularly against reserve currencies, strategists at the firm said.

Later in July, Kolanovic and others said Wall Street was too negative about a Biden win, primarily citing concerns about tax increases that may not affect earnings as much as some expect. They also noted that companies in areas like alternative energy and infrastructure might benefit from a Democrat victory, while those in areas like private prisons and defense might underperform.

Kolanovic’s note on Monday said the outcome of any debates, and the Democrats’ stance on protests, are also key. The latter risks turning off voters generally if seen as too permissive, but also could alienate progressives if it’s not seen as sympathetic enough, according to the note.

LINK (Paywall)

Posts: 2271 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Post Deleted.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mikeyspizza,

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nothing but fantasy. This stuff has no place in this forum.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I would really like to see some targeted Trump ads in PA that take aim at Tom Wolf and his handling of the 'rona. I've seen a billboard on the Turnpike that says "Don't blame me, I voted for Wagner", but this is an important swing state that went Trump last time and has been crushed by a draconian governor. I'd love for the Trump campaign to capitalize on just how much the vast majority of the state hates Wolf...who just extended his emergency powers for another 3 months.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.theepochtimes.com/..._stm_source=smartech

Trump Wants to Restore ‘Patriotic Education’ in Schools

President Donald Trump says he wants to restore patriotic education in U.S. schools in order to heal the division across the nation that has, in recent months, led to violence and rioting.

“The left’s war on police, faith, history, and American values is tearing our country apart, which is what they want,” Trump told reporters on Aug. 31 at the White House. “The only path to unity is to rebuild a shared national identity focused on common American values and virtues, of which we have plenty. This includes restoring patriotic education in our nation’s schools, where they’re trying to change everything that we’ve learned.”

The president made the remarks as part of extensive comments about the recent violence and deaths seen in riots and protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, and Portland, Oregon. The agitators fomenting violence in these and other cities are aligned with the extremist Antifa group, which seeks to bring about a communist revolution in the United States.

“To defeat them, we must jail lawbreakers, and we must defeat their hateful ideology about this country, about America. We must teach our children that America is an exceptional, free, and just nation worth defending, preserving, and protecting . And that’s what we want to do,” Trump said.

“What we’re witnessing today is a result of left-wing indoctrination in our nation’s schools and universities. Many young Americans have been fed lies about America being a wicked nation plagued by racism.”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Honest question - how are the states taking steps to ensure in the mail in ballot process is secure and the “dead” are not voting? I realize this will change state to state. Given the expected sharp increase in mail-in ballots, this will have a material impact on the outcome. Adding to the impact is that fact that some states have made changes to their electoral college process to give all electoral votes to the majority winner...how will this be policed to fair and accurate?

For those that follow this more closely, what federal rules, oversight, etc. is in place to address? I know in Florida we have observers and chain of control for in person voting and ballot counting. But with mail in...how do the states establish that this was a valid vote/voter? If this should be a separate thread let me know - would like to better understand the facts.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The video also shows a heated confrontation between the suspects and adults coming to the defense of a 7-year-old supporter of President Trump.

Followup:

https://twitter.com/TrumpStude.../1301184521711349760

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
^^^ Unbridled awesomeness right there!!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14151 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The President should have sent him a Bag o' Hats. A dozen MAGA hats in a bag. Take my MAGA hat? Sure, keep it. I'll just slap on another one.

posted Hide Post
That was an excellent gesture by the President and quite a haul for the young man.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Unicorn Debate, 9/29. Be there...if it happens