SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 1148
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
AWESOME Fireworks! Trump 2020....Make America Great Again! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9436 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Jesus, did they light a fireworks warehouse on fire, impressive! We have over the air TV so my choice for more coverage is PBS, Judy Woodruff bitching and moaning about everything: over 1,000 people lack of social distancing, using the White House for political means, fireworks on Federal land. Let the man have a house party! Where's the keg and how much for a Solo cup?

Posts: 2601 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch any of it but what I'm seeing so far it looks like it was awesome! Saw one quote on the comparison between the RNC and DNC - "Well in fairness, the democrats depleted their fireworks stockpile setting fire to police stations". Smile

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Thank God for President Donald J. Trump. May America be blessed with 4 more years of his leadership at this critical time in our country's history.

Posts: 2342 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Listening to his speech, I have not been so inspired by a President since Ronald Reagan. And he doesn't just talk shit, he delivers! Go, Donald, Go!

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4371 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
^^^ Yet another clue that senile old Joe won't debate Trump. He will pretend that he wants to... but he will back out before it happens.

Hold me back! Hold me back!

Posts: 8882 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could not find where anyone posted this, but Glenn Beck has made the most impressive apology for his actions against President Trump.

It is posted on CFP (Citizen Free Press-I don't know how to make a link or I would).

He actually says he's sorry and points out how his statements must have hurt the President's children and I was impressed, both with the apparent sincere words and the actual apology.

Beck used to be a local talk show talent and, in those old days I listened from time to time. Then he got those big britches, which he outgrew, and I wrote him off for anything. Then he became an anti/never-Trumper and I really disliked him.

I suppose he could have some ulterior motive for his words now, but he seems to truly regret what he did.

Bob

Posts: 1671 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this was awesome...

Posts: 3645 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
I could not find where anyone posted this, but Glenn Beck has made the most impressive apology for his actions against President Trump.
Did he apologize for being a complete whack job? Smearing Cheetohs on his face and forecasting the end of the world? We don't need this loon, this escapee from an insane asylum.

When he publicly states he has sought help for his obvious mental illness, let us know. I won't hold my breath.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Collapse of the Democrat Brand

"He spoke in generalities that everyone found agreeable at first and meaningless upon reflection." That is one summary of Democrat icon Franklin Delano Roosevelt's speaking style.

Last week's Democratic National Convention shows how little Democrats have changed — a beautiful outer shell with nothing inside. Professions of equality, justice, compassion, and empathy are precisely the types of slogans many of us find initially agreeable but too vague and empty to warrant additional thought. The only difference is that today's Democrats bring a parade of celebrities to play the part of aesthetically pleasing decorations on the outer walls of their empty shell.

Democrats have built their brand on proclamations of benevolence. They've successfully branded themselves to many Americans as the party who cares about others, the tolerant people, the non-racist party, and the party for good-hearted people who want us all to get along. This brand image was mostly built on the backs of tie-dye-shirted, pacifist 1960s hippies. Educators romanticized the sit-ins and protests for decades, which calcified the left as the brand of non-violence. After all, the pacifist hippie is a much better brand spokesman than the Black Panthers or the Weather Underground, who routinely committed terrorist attacks in the 1960s.

To be fair to Democrats, they have no choice but to be disingenuous. They are beholden to a brand image that doesn't accurately depict who they are. For decades, the left's monopoly on mass communication systems concealed its true character. Today, ubiquitous camera phones and social media have made leftists' hate and violence impossible to hide. Their only option is pretending to align with the existing Democrat brand and hoping we forget the last ten years.

Democrats approve of burning cities, mass riots, and hundreds of beatings for those willing to wear Trump-branded clothing. Surveys show that nearly half of leftists won't even be friends with Trump-supporters. There are also countless examples of Trump-supporters blacklisted for incorrect political viewpoints. None of this is congruent with a kind, tolerant, peaceful brand. Perhaps the pinnacle of the left's false brand image happened at a Minnesota high school when students violently beat another student for carrying a Trump flag during a protest — against gun violence.

It's hard for someone to be likable when any level of disagreement is anathema to him. The same applies to the Democrat brand. Hollywood has resorted to rewriting existing superheroes to be more woke because it can't create woke heroes. That's because there is nothing admirable about wokeness. Children don't aspire to be perpetual complainers who thrive on destroying people for typos. There is nothing likable about paranoid malcontents, who see racism and Russian assets everywhere they look. Nobody wants to be a leftist because it sounds miserable, and multiple polls prove that Democrats are less happy than Republicans. Democrats can create superheroes — just not in their own image, because there is nothing honorable or likeable about the left. Its brand is dead.

The Democrats' brand has collapsed beyond repair and they know it. The current strategy to prevent the flock from fleeing the pasture is not preserving their brand, but branding the alternative option as so deplorable that it's beneath consideration. The only way to cover up the noxious fumes of leftism is to double down on the negative branding of Republicans as a party of hate.

"Love Trumps Hate," "Make America Hate Again," "Hate Has No Home Here" — these are merely a few of the slogans attempting to link hate to the conservative brand. Hate speech, hate crimes, hate groups — everything is "hate."

The dominance of the Democrat brand throughout mass media, education, and American culture successfully branded the left as the default way to vote — especially for young people. But Democrat branding efforts are most effective when they're the only show in town. For years, the left has bullied Republicans to preserve its brand monopoly.

If conservatives are scared to share their political beliefs, it makes those flamboyant about their left-wing politics seem like the morally superior choice. If Republicans were morally superior, why would they hide their views? Threats, intimidation, and doxxing are the primary reasons for the silence, and this bullying has prevented Republicans from taking pride in their brand.

The real cause for the vitriol toward Trump-supporters is that this new Republican pride is symbolic of the left's brand decline. With every MAGA hat is the realization of the left's intimidation and propaganda not working as effectively as they once did. The rage that follows is a panicked leftist struggling to understand why the left's efforts aren't working. Leftists have inundated Americans with leftism at every turn but can't understand why some people still don't convert. Every sighting of a MAGA hat is a reminder that the Democrats' brand is fading fast.

The only solution is to take the conservative brand down to their level and regain the advantage of the default vote. Their desperation is obvious when they compare Donald Trump to Democrat segregationists like George Wallace, often incorrectly labeling Wallace as a Republican to strengthen the lie. It no longer matters if lies, censorship, and cancel culture further damage the Democrat brand — their brand has already collapsed. Efforts must focus solely on damaging the conservative brand. Besides, if they win one more election, they won't need to rely on branding anymore.

A Democrat sweep in November will provide amnesty to 20+ million illegal aliens, plus another five to ten million immigrants imported over the next four years through our new open borders policy. These new American citizens will be bribed with our tax dollars to vote away our rights. A Somalian immigrant isn't going to turn down a monthly paycheck to preserve your Second Amendment rights. Antifa will help draft public policy; they'll abolish the Electoral College and pack the SCOTUS with leftists. That's not hyperbole, either — they are open about all of this. Under such circumstances, it will be difficult for Republicans to win an election anytime soon.

They know how close they are to reaching their goals — which is why the Democrats no longer even try to defend their brand. Democrats have sacrificed their brand to win in 2020 without any contingency plan. Their lust for power has blinded them to the consequences of destroying their brand in a losing effort.

When Trump wins in November, the death of their brand will finally sink in.

LINK

Posts: 2271 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
43K watching the NH rally (including me) on Right Side Broadcasting Network & I am sure there are a ton on other sites ~ not sure if any of this made it to TV like Fox. Smile

Posts: 23195 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I only saw a tiny snippet in which President Trump said Biden was coming out of the basement in ten days.

“Ten days!!??”

It was hysterical. The man can read a room. Really looking forward to this.

Edit: not sure if the link will work. Sorry it’s Twitter.

https://twitter.com/teamtrump/...483272339169282?s=21

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigalert,

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, Para, he didn't apologize for being a complete idiot, just for the awful things he said about the President.

I'm not likely to ever watch/listen to him again (I don't know if he is on TV or the radio or just sings in the shower like me), but the apology seemed genuine in comparison with the so-called apologies the leftists offer after some awful comments they've made.

Bob

Posts: 1671 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17155 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Pretty crazy to see this from the Iron Range. The idea of an Iron Range Democratic going “red” is unheard of. This is really significant as to the potential for Minnesota.

Former Duluth Mayor Gary Doty was also pointed out of the crowd by Pence, for being another Democrat who has swung in favor of Trump.

“I come from a DFL family and many of them still are,” Doty said. “My dad was the head of the Teamsters and the things he fought for — jobs, benefits and working men and women — the Democratic party has lost that. They’ve gone so far left I can’t support the Democratic ticket this year.” Minnesota Iron Range Mayors endorse Trump

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I read the article from the Duluth paper, and this stuck out:

quote:
In a fact check, it’s notable both men failed to acknowledge how President Barack Obama was the first to go after Chinese steel dumping, sending his chief of staff, Denis McDonough, to Virginia in 2015 to address the matter. During what was a depressed time for the mines, the Obama-led effort put high tariffs on Chinese steel products and signaled a turnaround on the Iron Range.

I’d love to see a fact check of the “fact check”.

Posts: 18353 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Northern Minnesota has largely been conservative for a number of years now. Unfortunately it’s the liberal metro areas that usually decide who our local government is made up of and where our electoral votes go. Trump lost Minnesota by just over one percentage point last time.

The riots may be the tipping point giving Trump Minnesota this time around. People in the suburbs and just outside the metro are in fear of their personal safety. That’s never happened before in a election year. This time they can see, hear and smell the danger. Most people are laying this at the feet of the local Democrat government. Could just swing enough of those votes to Trump.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
President Donald Trump signed a full pardon on Friday for prison reform advocate Alice Johnson the day after she spoke at the Republican National Convention (RNC).

“We’re taking Alice from a commutation to a full pardon,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office on Friday afternoon.

“I’m excited right now, and we’re very proud about the job you’ve done and what you represent,” the president said.

In 2018, Trump granted Johnson a commutation from her life sentence after she served 21 years for a first-time nonviolent drug offense. But on Friday, he announced that he believed she deserved a full pardon.

Trump said he did not discuss the idea prior to her convention speech on Thursday night but that he was inspired after he spotted her in the audience the night of his convention speech at the White House.

“I just told her. We didn’t even discuss it. We just — you were out there,” Trump said to Johnson. “I saw you in the audience last night, and I asked the folks if you could bring Alice over. We’re going to give a full pardon.”

The president did not campaign on the issue of criminal justice reform but was inspired on the issue after celebrity Kim Kardashian visited him at the White House to discuss it. With the support of a bipartisan coalition, Trump signed the First Step Act in December 2018.

During her RNC speech Thursday night, Johnson thanked the president for his mercy.

“I was once told that the only way I would ever be reunited with my family would be as a corpse,” Johnson said. “But by the grace of God and the compassion of President Donald John Trump, I stand before you tonight, and I assure you, I’m not a ghost. I am alive, I am well, and most importantly, I am free.”

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...o-years-commutation/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

The riots may be the tipping point giving Trump Minnesota this time around. People in the suburbs and just outside the metro are in fear...

One of our esteemed regular posters here uses the term "Mogadishu on the Mississippi" to categorize where he lives, I believe.

Now I think of Minneapolis as truly earning that description. Somali native Ilhan Omar has definitely contributed to the problems we are seeing there.

Posts: 8882 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post