SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 1148
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Bad monkey!

Have to admit this version is better than the whiney girl who sings this song.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11460 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I find it ironic that for the last 3 years many State Governors have told Trump and the Federal government to stop meddling in the affairs of their state, screamed in the media, and have filed legal motions against him. Now they want Trump and the Federal government to take over the COVID crisis and solve it for them and are screaming in the media for action.

I also wonder if the same people that were screaming about how racist he was about shutting down international travel are the same ones screaming that he didn't move fast enough.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would it be wrong for the Feds to ask the states to drop things like Sanctuary Cities for increased Federal Assistance?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...oronavirus-response/

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on Thursday announced a new select House committee to review the Trump administration’s response to the Chinese coronavirus pandemic.

In addition to probing the Trump administration’s response efforts, the panel will review the management of the $2 trillion economic relief package, which is aimed at easing the financial strain caused by the outbreak. As part of the package, the government has set up a $500 billion corporate liquidity fund and will provide $377 billion in small business aide.

The committee will “examine all aspects of the federal response to the coronavirus and ensure the taxpayer’s dollars are being wisely and efficiently spent,” the speaker told reporters on a conference call.

“The panel will root out waste, fraud, and abuse; it will protect against price-gauging, profiteering, and political favoritism,” the speaker continued. “We need transparency and accountability.”

“Where there’s money there’s also frequently mischief,” she added.

The panel will be chaired by House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-SC).

The development comes after House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) announced that he will introduce legislation to create a “nonpartisan” commission to examine the government’s response to the coronavirus crisis.

President Trump fired back at Pelosi on Monday, calling her a “sick puppy,” who was focused on impeachment amid coronavirus outbreak

“She’s a sick puppy, in my opinion. She really is,” President Trump told Fox News. “She’s got a lot of problems. And that’s a horrible thing to say.”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Stocks surge after Trump announces pending decrease in oil production by Russia, Saudi Arabia

quote:
U.S. equity markets surged to session highs Thursday morning, shrugging off a record number of first-time unemployment filings, after President Trump said he expects Russia and Saudi Arabia will sharply cut oil production. The announcement sent West Texas Intermediate crude oil soaring by more than 30 percent to as high as $27.39 per barrel. Also on Thursday, China said it would begin filling up its reserves.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained as many as 534 points, or 2.55 percent. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite rose as much as 2.55 percent and 1.92 percent, respectively.

Posts: 18353 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
^^ that's like asking the coyote to watch the chickens feed to assure they all get an equal share.

By the way, when did the House or Representatives become the body that makes all decisions or approves every decision for the President? Who gave this woman that power???

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The 2020 Democratic National Committee in Milwaukee, originally scheduled for July 13-16, has been delayed until August 17 because of the coronavirus outbreak.

The Republican National Convention is still scheduled to take place between Aug. 24 to 27 in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The president should tell her to fuck off and remember that she is just a servant.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53788 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Congress wanted to investigate they should find out:
- What equipment is needed, how much and when?
- What technologies are needed, who, how and when.
- What medical protocols work, how to improve them and how to share the information.
- What critical infrastructures are needed for success, how to monitor them and how to improve them.
- What has worked for other countries and how we can use that information in our fight.
- Employment needs post crisis to get people back up as fast as possible afterwards.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
If Congress wanted to investigate they should find out:
- What equipment is needed, how much and when?
- What technologies are needed, who, how and when.
- What medical protocols work, how to improve them and how to share the information.
- What critical infrastructures are needed for success, how to monitor them and how to improve them.
- What has worked for other countries and how we can use that information in our fight.
- Employment needs post crisis to get people back up as fast as possible afterwards.

The house should volunteer for a big effectiveness experiment. Expose all of them. Dems get drum circles, pleas to Mother Gaia, and/or applications of leeches. Rs get hydroxochlorquine and other products of big corporate Pharma.

Check back in a month or two...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Where there’s money there’s also frequently mischief,” she added.
Pelosi should know--her party is very good at it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from David Plouffe ?

https://www.breitbart.com/clip...very-dangerous-spot/

DAVE ANTHONY: In a traditional, political scene, would be a killer for an incumbent president to have to try to be re-elected during a terrible economic time. That, on the face, seems to give Joe Biden an advantage. Do you think that’s true?

DAVID PLOUFFE: Yeah, you look at the economic situation and say, “How can an incumbent win with that?” But no one is blaming Trump for the pandemic, number one.

I think if you can lay his crisis response at his feet and connect that to the economy, I do think that’s some headwinds he’s got to run into. But, almost no matter what happens, can Donald Trump win Wisconsin? Can he win Michigan? Can he win Pennsylvania? Can he win Florida?’

Sure, because his base is so solid. And I think he’s going to turn out voters almost at a historical level on his behalf , so that makes him very dangerous if you’re Joe Biden.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Plouffe - former obama advisor

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Unfortunately, the Senate races are not so secure. I do worry about keeping our majority there.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jarcher:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Thanks for clarifying the SBA loan deal guys. Makes sense now.

Is there any way to actually publicly check which small businesses get this loan?

There are going to be millions - maybe as many as 30 million - small businesses that get these loans. Remember, a "small business" can have up to 500 employees. Still, most of them are going to be the little pizza places and such that don't make a ton of money and have a bunch of low wage employees everyone wants to stay employed.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

Posts: 2106 | Location: Charleston, SC US | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
^^^^^ Unfortunately, the Senate races are not so secure. I do worry about keeping our majority there.

Absolutely nothing is secure. Complacency is a quick path to a loss. The election is in November, and even in normal times we would say this is distant. In these times where the world changes drastically each week, nothing can be taken for granted.

That said, I used to think that President Trump would not be reelected. Now, I think the House, Senate and Oval are the Republicans' to lose. But make no mistake, the can lose.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

Posts: 2106 | Location: Charleston, SC US | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Would it be wrong for the Feds to ask the states to drop things like Sanctuary Cities for increased Federal Assistance?

Depends on who you ask. Personally, I’d be all for requiring the dropping of any sanctuary BS (except the gun sanctuary city / county stuff going on in VA and others) of getting any federal aid on anything.

However, I suspect that would be (not entirely incorrectly) characterized as playing politics in the middle of a disaster. I doubt that such a stance would help with the President’s re-election, holding the Senate, and retaking the house, all things I’d really like to see happen later this year.

Posts: 7075 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
The President is absolutely the MOST patient man I've ever seen! Lately I've been watching the White House press briefings. Damn, his jaw is not even tense biting his tongue! I'd be throttling some of these 'reporters' . . .

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump sent chucky a ltr

seen at CTH

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ President Trump is fucking awesome! Schumer is lower than whale shit. If anyone should be removed, it’s him.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
President Trump sent chucky a ltr

That really is sweet. Almost a love letter. Truly adorable.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post