SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 ... 1147
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Time for the Non-Politicians to run the country.

I'm all for that. How do you get people with no interest in politics into political positions?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24581 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Maybe we check with Mark Robinson. he just entered the political field and has not had time to become corrupt.

We might need to look for those just entering politics like Mark Robinson.

President Trump became President as a non-politician, so I am hopeful we can find others.
George Washington did not necessarily want to be President.

Politicians are corrupt because they think they cannot be replaced.
We need show them that, that is a false assumption.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
So does anyone know what happens if Pence refuses to certify as Steve Turley talked about today? He mentioned both house voting after objections and then said Pence may still refuse to certify.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
about the DNI report:

"The intelligence report only covers foreign influence operations related to the election, not voter or election fraud or election security."

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ce-in-2020-election/

Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe is considering not signing an intelligence report to Congress if it does not accurately reflect an ongoing debate among intelligence community career analysts over Chinese attempts to influence American voters in the 2020 election, according to a source familiar with the issue.

The intelligence report on foreign efforts to influence the 2020 election is due to Congress on Friday, but Ratcliffe is concerned it will not accurately reflect the debate among senior intelligence community analysts as to the extent of China’s influence operations during the election, according to the source.

There is allegedly “ample” raw intelligence about China’s intentions and actions related to the election, with more intelligence reporting coming in everyday. Some of the influence operations include social media campaigns seeking to amplify messages such as that President Donald Trump is a white supremacist.

However, senior career analysts disagree on the significance of those influence operations. Some analysts argue that they were minimal or ultimately not acted on, while others say it is extensive and far more than previously known. The disagreement includes whether there should be a China section in the report, according to the source.

Despite this serious debate, Ratcliffe is concerned that proper tradecraft — which would require that the disagreement be reflected in the report with both views represented — will not be followed simply in order to deprive President Trump of a potential political talking point.

In other words, Ratcliffe is concerned that the intelligence report would be written in a way due to politics — the very definition of politicization of intelligence, and only bury real and growing concerns about China from the intelligence community.

A senior national security official told Breitbart News on background:

Good to see Ratcliffe stepping up and addressing the China issue inside the IC. This appears to be a textbook case of intelligence being politicized by a handful of careerists in the bowels of the CIA. They don’t want to give Trump the talking points that China was engaged in election influence operations, but we all know they were.

Ratcliffe has applauded the growing focus among the intelligence community on China, which he said for the last few decades has prioritized counterterrorism. He wrote in an op-ed on December 3 in the Wall Street Journal:

Within intelligence agencies, a healthy debate and shift in thinking is already under way. For the talented intelligence analysts and operators who came up during the Cold War, the Soviet Union and Russia have always been the focus. For others who rose through the ranks at the turn of this century, counterterrorism has been top of mind. But today we must look with clear eyes at the facts in front of us, which make plain that China should be America’s primary national security focus going forward.

The intelligence report would go to Congress in a classified form, but would be released in an unclassified form to the public weeks afterwards, which will certainly fuel public discussion on Chinese election interference, as President-Elect Joe Biden seeks to move past what for many was a contested outcome.

The current IC debate is similar to a debate that was not reflected in the Obama administration 2017 Intelligence Community Assessment, which alleged Russia interfered in the 2016 election to specifically hurt Hillary Clinton and help Trump.

There was fierce debate among intelligence agencies over whether Russia’s goal was to help Trump or just to sow discord, but that debate was not reflected in the ICA, which was then used as a talking point by the left that the Trump campaign and Russia had colluded. After several years and millions of dollars, Special Counsel Robert Mueller found there was no criminal collusion, conspiracy, or coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia.

The intelligence report only covers foreign influence operations related to the election, not voter or election fraud or election security.

xxxxxxxxxxx

from CTH:

https://theconservativetreehou...-report-now-delayed/

On the same day Christopher Krebs, who was the country’s top cybersecurity official during the presidential election (before being fired), testified before the Senate’s Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee about no election interference,… according to CBS News Catherine Herridge the Director of National Intelligence, John Ratcliffe, is now saying there WAS foreign interference in the 2020 election

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
"The intelligence report only covers foreign influence operations related to the election, not voter or election fraud or election security."

Who wrote this dumb shit? Foreign influence related to the election is not about election security? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Either way it does not sound like there is going to be anything in this report that would give Trump what he needs to justify invoking the insurrection act or a national emergency under his executive action. The path is becoming very narrow.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

I'm all for that. How do you get people with no interest in politics into political positions?

Its relatively simple. Get rid of the big salary, allow no outside compensation and pay them 50k a year + company car, cafeteria food, health insurance.

Its less about getting people involved versus keeping people out and taking away all the incentives.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

I've strongly considered trying but I know that I wouldn't play ball or their games. I have no interest in getting rich of off others. I've researched the local RNC and what's required but never made it past that point.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7149 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

Its relatively simple. Get rid of the big salary, allow no outside compensation and pay them 50k a year + company car, cafeteria food, health insurance.

Its less about getting people involved versus keeping people out and taking away all the incentives.

Hmmmm, no. No that won't do. Not at all. You really want to see corruption with our representatives? Pay them a shitty wage. Seriously, the salary they receive now actually isn't all that large relatively. Their wage is not what draws many of these swamp rats to Washington in any case. It's everything else that comes with being embedded in that elite class.

My suggestion? Have congress meet once a year. Or better yet, once every two years. Perhaps that's not realistic though. But neither is paying representatives $50k a year and expecting that'll bring in good, honest people.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For starters we go back to representatives that live in their own districts all of the time and each day they conduct business out of a local office and their constituents can stop by for visits most any time. When they screw us over they need to feel the heat and pressure of a face to face conversation from the ones they represent.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3630 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
My suggestion? Have congress meet once a year. b

Makes sense to me. A citizen legislature. People not too tied to Washington. A smaller less intrusive government. We can dream, right?

President Trump versus Saul Alinsky
https://noqreport.com/2020/12/...versus-saul-alinsky/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24581 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
So does anyone know what happens if Pence refuses to certify as Steve Turley talked about today? He mentioned both house voting after objections and then said Pence may still refuse to certify.

I don’t believe he actually has a choice. His role is to read the electoral votes, and break ties in the Senate. I don’t believe it’s written anywhere that he has to give final approval, or can override Congress accepting the electoral votes. Another false hope.

Posts: 3407 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

I don’t believe he actually has a choice. His role is to read the electoral votes, and break ties in the Senate. I don’t believe it’s written anywhere that he has to give final approval, or can override Congress accepting the electoral votes. Another false hope.

If the VP had this power, with all the evidence of fraud stacking up, it would likely be a bigger topic of discussion. He'd be hard pressed to certify if he didn't have to under the circumstances.

Unlike FOX, which seems to be shifting back to the 'Ol' Sleepy's gonna be Prez for sure,' Turley does seem to be very optimistic, to the point of being sensationalistic...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoBj-RGaZyE

$.02 worth,
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4992 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Turley does seem to be very optimistic, to the point of being sensationalistic...

This annoying guy has always been a sensationalist. Can't stand more than 2 minutes of him. If there's anyone worse than Hannity, Turley is a strong contender.

"Things are about to EXPLODE!!!" How many times have we heard this kind of shit since Nov 3rd? This guy, and many others like him on YT, don't have any more info than we do. They simply opine and sensationalize to get hits and make money. Aren't you guys sick and tired of their antics, yet?

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Most of those guys are very annoying Q. I wont even click on that one.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Turley does seem to be very optimistic, to the point of being sensationalistic...

This annoying guy has always been a sensationalist. Can't stand more than 2 minutes of him. If there's anyone worse than Hannity, Turley is a strong contender.

"Things are about to EXPLODE!!!" How many times have we heard this kind of shit since Nov 3rd? This guy, and many others like him on YT, don't have any more info than we do. They simply opine and sensationalize to get hits and make money. Aren't you guys sick and tired of their antics, yet?

Hell to the yes! I've narrowed my reading intake down to about three or fewer sources and quit reading all the rest. I scroll past the walls of text most people post because they are usually opinion pieces from a blogger I've already chosen not to read. Don't read or watch any video's about the latest breaking bombshell of more fraud evidence. Stopped with all the experts who have a easy way to certify all the votes and who can straighten this whole mess out in a matter of days. L Lin Wood's Tweets have become over the top. He's going to put everyone in jail soon, real soon. He's beginning to sound more like a TV Evangelist.

I know what paths Trump has left to win this thing and after the DNI statement it does not look good imo. At this point I'm watching what Trump says and does because that's all that really matters. The rest has been noise for a long time now.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

Hmmmm, no. No that won't do. Not at all. You really want to see corruption with our representatives? Pay them a shitty wage. Seriously, the salary they receive now actually isn't all that large relatively. Their wage is not what draws many of these swamp rats to Washington in any case. It's everything else that comes with being embedded in that elite class.

My suggestion? Have congress meet once a year. Or better yet, once every two years. Perhaps that's not realistic though. But neither is paying representatives $50k a year and expecting that'll bring in good, honest people.

I like that idea.

But there has to be a way to keep them out phony board seats before and after holding office etc...

I would say our odds are better education voters. Low information voters are a big issue. Which is why the dems want the voting age reduced to 16.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Well.... yeah... BUT... "Things are about to EXPLODE!!!"

-rduckwor

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well.... yeah... BUT... "Things are about to EXPLODE!!!"

Just for once I would like to see this become true. My Christmas wish would be that the Dems and RINOs get exposed for the POS humans they are and it finally takes root. I can't fathom the Bi-Har administration and the crap its going to pull.

Dunno, maybe the video on the previous page is right and this dynamic duo will screw up so bad , they'll sink their own ship. It's just that we are the unintended victims in the process.

I'm still holding out hope but its getting tough.

Another thought. 2021 is around the corner. Perhaps Bi-Har remains PEOTUS for the rest of this shitty year. Come January, the shit finally explodes and the Bi-Har team gets sent packing....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5794 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Is this shit for real???

Democrat document surfaces demanding Biden clamp down on conservative Christians, remove them from public office and re-educate Trump voters

https://drrichswier.com/2020/1...ducate-trump-voters/

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post