SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 ... 1142
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

I can link this.

Thanks SC.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17152 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cda926:
Is President Trump going back to Butler PA for another rally? I heard something about this on Fox News. Has he confirmed this?

link-politico link-fox
I overheard the end of a news story on the radio (1080 AM, CBS affiliate) yesterday about noon saying he was returning to Butler. It included a very small audio snippet of Trump talking about it.

Several 'news' organizations are also reporting this.

I'm sure this time they'll cover the roof's in the area. Hopefully.

Posts: 7388 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The local ESU guys had no contact with USSS the day of the shooting until after the shooting:

“"We were supposed to get a face-to-face briefing with the Secret Service members whenever they arrived, and that never happened," said Jason Woods, lead sharpshooter on the SWAT team in Beaver County, Pennsylvania.“ Link

Posts: 11597 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
The local ESU guys had no contact with USSS the day of the shooting until after the shooting:

Something I mentioned to a friend during a discussion about the incident: Although the times I supported the Secret Service were long ago, “briefings” were minimal at best, I got the impression that they believed that there really weren’t any serious threats. My other, more dedicated dignitary protection details were about the worst duties I ever had (except for the movements that were always interesting). They are incredibly boring and it takes a lot of effort to remain focused on anything other than, “Will it ever be over?”

I have no way of knowing how my experiences relate to those of USSS agents today, but I would not be the least bit surprised if the members of many details, especially for secondary principals, become pretty casual about some aspects of the protection that’s supposed to be provided. That would probably be even more likely for “B” team personnel who, as in this case, were not even USSS agents. But I am not nearly as critical of how the protective personnel reacted and acted after the first shots were fired as many (most?) Internet experts, so my opinions are not worth much.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47673 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
SS came to our town twice for events over 15 years ago. Once was Obama before he was elected and the other was for Romney. We had SS up the wazoo and a lot of other local agencies helping. Perimeters were far and wide. Guessing things have changed.

Once when FJB was VP, we had a meeting where FJB was only driving through our town on the freeway and I had to set up blockades on the entrance ramps but I had to sit through the whole briefing. They were planning an evac route to a hospital in case of injury and of course I chimed up and said you don't want to take that road, the potholes are big enough to swallow motorcycles. lol. Should've just kept my mouth shut.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8150 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Zuckerberg up to his usual election interference again. This is one evil mofo

https://x.com/libsoftiktok/sta...654239587701050?s=46

Posts: 34517 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Does META AI know current events or just historical data? I honestly don’t know.

JC

Posts: 1302 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Why does anyone even go on f***book to search for details on the attempted assassination?

Q

Posts: 27498 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Chat GTP doesn't know about the assassination attempt, but it also doesn't know Biden dropped out of the election.

Posts: 4916 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
It’s not just meta do a search type in

Assassination attempt on

See what populates.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4888 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I don't want to derail the thread, and I don't think I am, but there's something I'm totally confused about, and that is "LibsOfTikTok"...

I had assumed (you know where that leads) that they were seriously left-winged unhinged libs who would take a stab at anything conservative, and especially at Donald Trump! Clearly many of their posts on Twitter are not such.

What am I missing here? Are they "Libs" or just call themselves that? Thanks!

Posts: 4776 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
I don't want to derail the thread, and I don't think I am, but there's something I'm totally confused about, and that is "LibsOfTikTok"...

I had assumed (you know where that leads) that they were seriously left-winged unhinged libs who would take a stab at anything conservative, and especially at Donald Trump! Clearly many of their posts on Twitter are not such.

What am I missing here? Are they "Libs" or just call themselves that? Thanks!

Libs of TT is a conservative twitter/x account who posts/exposes insane liberals for all the world to see.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1565 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This is some Chinese government Tiananmen Square kind of shit going on, they cannot be allowed to get away with this

https://x.com/libsoftiktok/sta...644742286692511?s=46

Posts: 34517 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Meta is now saying it was a fictional event. Billboard Chris just posted a screenshot on X.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think the ChatGPT and Gemini responses are a conspiracy, it has to do with how LLMs currently work. Most of the LLMs don't use "live" internet data to train their models. The datasets are sometimes more than a year old, curated, and static. There is also limited indexing of information right now in the LLM control layer web UI, which means only some information is indexed for immediate response from the "live" internet.

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
This is some Chinese government Tiananmen Square kind of shit going on

Google is back doing their shit like in 2020. And of course, it is NOT my default search engine, but just took this 5 minutes ago.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17152 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKAngusKL:
I don't think the ChatGPT and Gemini responses are a conspiracy, it has to do with how LLMs currently work. Most of the LLMs don't use "live" internet data to train their models. The datasets are sometimes more than a year old, curated, and static. There is also limited indexing of information right now in the LLM control layer web UI, which means only some information is indexed for immediate response from the "live" internet.

How very convenient for the denial of current factual events.

Posts: 7388 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woe be it from me to stick up for Google, considering what they've done in the past. But if they were putting their thumbs on the scale, their search engine would likely omit many of these results entirely. I'm not sure what is going on with their search suggestions, but there may be another explanation for it.

In 2020, you couldn't actually pull up any results on Google for the Hunter Biden Laptop story from the New York Post. You also couldn't find MarcoPoloUsa and their laptop report (when that came out). That was Google actually burying a news story and interfering in the 2020 election.

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Maybe AI's know enough not to trust reports on current events.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8538 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Two Critical Battles Lie Ahead For Trump
By Molly Slag

If Donald Trump wishes to implement his Trump 2.0 agenda, he must first win two critical battles: The Battle of the Steal and the Battle of the Deep State.

Precisely because the Democrat Party successfully stole the 2020 election, they will be pulling out all stops to do it again. The Trump campaign and the Republican Party will be hard-pressed to “Stop The Steal 2024”, but stop it they must, and they are probably fully aware of the stratagems they face.

The Battle of the Steal

To win the Battle of the Steal, the Democrats have evolved two distinct modi operandi: the 3 a.m. strategy and the landscape strategy.

The 3 a.m. strategy derives from the Democrat belief (maybe it’s a fact) that Republicans misunderstand how elections are won. The Democrat perception is that the Republicans believe elections are won by having the most votes. The Democrats understand the contrary is true: Elections are won by having the most ballots. Ballots, not votes, decide elections.

The number of votes is limited by the number of voters: Only one vote per voter. But ballots can materialize out of thin air in whatever quantity is desired. That leads to a ballot-producing tactic: Stop the count at 3 a.m., assess how many votes are needed to prevail, conjure up however many ballots are required to close the gap, and at 6 a.m.—Presto!—Democrats win!

The key to the 3 a.m. strategy’s viability is that there is no gap so large that it is immune to ballot generation. No wonder Brian T. Kennedy, President of the American Strategy Group, warns against ignoring the 3 a.m. strategy.

The Landscape Strategy in the Battle of the Seal is called that because it is an exercise in shaping the electoral battleground.

While Biden was a candidate, the campaign functioned as a sort of sea anchor, preventing him from making dramatic moves as President. Now, having resigned from the campaign, Biden is free to do as he pleases without his actions affecting the campaign. Richard Truesdell and Keith Lehmann call this “Biden Unchained.”

The Battle of the Deep State

If Trump manages to win the Battle of the Steal, we know he has several pressing agenda items. These issues include but are not limited to rebuilding the military, assuring energy availability, rectifying the migration mess, fixing education, and the many problems that fall under the heading of “foreign affairs.”

But Trump knows from experience that merely taking his coffee in the Oval Office is not enough to enable him to work his will as President. Before he can do anything else, he must first seize the reins of the Executive Branch!

This is the Battle of the Deep State.

Until these reins are firmly in Trump’s hands, he cannot implement his agenda. However, the Deep State forces are already entrenching themselves in Executive Branch offices, placing land mines and booby traps, determined as they are to retain their present hold on the executive branch. Charles Burris tells us this will be the central conflict of Trump 2.0.

Richard Truesdell and Keith Lehmann argue that, between now and January 20, 2025,

We expect Deep State operatives to issue multiple layers of regulatory rules over this period in an effort to prohibit their firing or re-assignment by a Trump administration looking to reform a wildly expanded administrative state that fought the former president at every turn during his first administration.

Rabbi Shmuel Klatzkin drives home the point about what has been going on and what needs to be done:

The ruling political elites have soiled themselves with their lies. The bureaucrats who betrayed the Constitution whose power they have enjoyed and then usurped all stand naked in their incompetence, venality, and unfaithfulness, covered with their own filth. The people are seeing this. And day by day, they are slowly letting everyone grasp that they will have their say. They are ready to clean up the mess.

Trump knows all this. When Trump assumed office in Trump 1.0, he was a political novice. He was then bloodied, impeded, deceived, and betrayed. It will be a new and savvy Trump who takes office for Trump 2.0, a Trump who is acutely aware of the slings and arrows the deep state will deploy against him.

And he knows he must now assemble and deploy a battle force of Lovers of liberty and Devotees Of The Republic eager to proclaim, “This is our time!”

https://www.americanthinker.co...ahead_for_trump.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24572 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post