SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What eccentricities, idiosyncrasies or quirks do you have?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What eccentricities, idiosyncrasies or quirks do you have? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I always eat all my fries first when having a burger & fries
That's the proper way. Burger is tolerable if it cools off a bit, but fries need to be hot.

Sometimes when I get take-out, there are no fries left when I get home.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I love guacamole but hate avocado slices. It's a texture thing. A dip is supposed to be that consistency, but it's weird for something sliced to have the consistency of a fresh turd.

It's also related to living in SoCal 3 years and restaurants would leave the word avocado off the food description, but would sneak it in there and I'd bite into that unexpected turd-like consistency.

I think a lot of food dislikes are more texture than taste. I like banana in things, but I can’t stand to eat one plain. I think this is the big thing with aversion to coconut by most folks.

Posts: 449 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
No idea where to start with this.

Never take the same route to and from a destination.

Avoid traffic and always look for an escape route.

Check locks multiple times to ensure they are secure.

Need to ensure things are where they should be.

There’s a hundred things I seem to do daily that might be considered a little strange.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Toilet lid always gets closed.

When I was in my young teens, my parents stepped in to help my aunt, as she was a single working parent that could not afford quality daycare for her new daughter. My cousin was effectively a baby sister to me, and I remember a warning from my mother to always shut the lid because she once had to save a toddler that had nearly drown when they went headfirst into an open toilet.

I never wanted such harm to come to my little cousin.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11154 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Last night I made a PB&J. I realized after spreading the peanut butter, that the knife has to be perfectly clean before it touches the jam.

Open a jar of jam and have peanut butter dingleberries in it… straight to the trash.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4291 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
None, absolutely none. Big Grin

Posts: 13547 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Last night I made a PB&J. I realized after spreading the peanut butter, that the knife has to be perfectly clean before it touches the jam.

Open a jar of jam and have peanut butter dingleberries in it… straight to the trash.

Not to that extreme, but I do try to get any excess PB off the knife before into the jam.
Usually a wipe on the edge of the bread is sufficient. We've been getting Costco PB, which is pretty thin, so it wipes easily, but makes it hard to get a heavy helping on the bread.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Avoiding cross contamination just makes sense, but clearly jam requires a spoon, and pb a knife.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Ice cream, from the container, and during winter.

I do not like it in a bowl (but can eat it that way) and will not eat it in summer or warm(er) months.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14138 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Brave, brave man! Putting a spoon in a container, is a dangerous action!

The only thing more hazardous, is putting a mini "ice cream freezer" set up in your living room...

Posts: 5886 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I get obsessive about things I never cared about before. (Fountain pens, watches, guns sorta, but I took up competitive shooting when I started obsessing over them.)

I will spend many hours, decent amounts of money, trying to figure the "exact right" implement for my purposes, identify far more "different purposes" than any sane person...

Then chuck it all, and go back to not caring...

(EG, I identified various pens, ideally suited for particular purposes, then a multitude of "seasons" and the color of ink which exactly matched the flavor of that season, and the correct papers to use with those inks... and now I carry Pentel mechanical pencils, and use Rite in the Rain paper, Mead 5 star wide-ruled composition books, and Portage Reporter Notepads... OK... Maybe that's not "not caring" to normal people - but I'm no longer making custom ink colors...)

Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Pro Tip for the PB&JCCP (Peanut Butter and Jelly Cross Contamination Phobia) sufferers.

Jam/jelly first then the PB. The knife will wash clean off under the sink in seconds. Then a quick wipe with a towel and into the PB.

Posts: 1575 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I apparently didn't realize how far from normal I am. Way too many of these apply to me.

Fill my gas tank at half or above.
Money sorted by denomination, faced and right side up in wallet. 1s & 5s separated from larger bills.
Wallet always in front pocket to reduce risk of theft.
I will not touch a tomato. Fine with a smooth sauce for pizza or pasta, but chunks and I'm done.
I talk to myself, either to figure something out or when I'm angry. Sometimes full conversations, both sides.
I don't want to be within arms length of anyone while I'm eating. I won't sit at bars and will take an entire booth to myself.
I don't like kids. I didn't have them, I don't want to deal with them.
I am early to everything. "On time is late and late is unacceptable" was how I was raised.
I like dogs more than most people I've met.
I haven't worn a pair of shorts outside my home since grade school.
I do not wear open shoes.
I won't use a public restroom unless it's an emergency. In any instance, urinals are out.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2782 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
I apparently didn't realize how far from normal I am. Way too many of these apply to me.

Fill my gas tank at half or above.
NO
Money sorted by denomination, faced and right side up in wallet. 1s & 5s separated from larger bills.
OK
Wallet always in front pocket to reduce risk of theft.
same here but it's because a butt pocket gives me a sore back with prolonged sitting
I will not touch a tomato. Fine with a smooth sauce for pizza or pasta, but chunks and I'm done.
NO
I talk to myself, either to figure something out or when I'm angry. Sometimes full conversations, both sides.
NO
I don't want to be within arms length of anyone while I'm eating. I won't sit at bars and will take an entire booth to myself.
sometimes
I don't like kids. I didn't have them, I don't want to deal with them.
NO
I am early to everything. "On time is late and late is unacceptable" was how I was raised.
YUP
I like dogs more than most people I've met.
NO
I haven't worn a pair of shorts outside my home since grade school.
i can relate
I do not wear open shoes.
meh
I won't use a public restroom unless it's an emergency. In any instance, urinals are out.
NO

LOL

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post