SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What eccentricities, idiosyncrasies or quirks do you have?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What eccentricities, idiosyncrasies or quirks do you have? Login/Join 
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I have to turn around left to right twice before I sit down on the floor.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7644 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
I frequently try to make rational arguments to irrational women.

I'm tempted to say "I collect spores, molds, and fungus" when asked what my hobbies are, but given the origin of the line it would probably go over people's heads.

But I do think in late 70's and early 80's comedy movie quotes and try to slip them into converstation. Mostly the original SNL cast movies - Animal House, Blues Brothers, Caddyshack, Stripes, Fletch, etc.

Posts: 4827 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I keep my clothesand shoes next to the bed at night, in case of a fire. (Ship I was on caught fire at 0 dark thirty- I was in my coveralls and boots in under 30 seconds)

I sort my money in order and keep it in a money clip

I rarely put anything in my gun hand (cop)

I bus the table for the waiter when we eat out, placing all the plates atop each other, glasses

I don’t let vehicles get below 1/4 before refilling, but that’s just a carryover from being in the CG-during hurricane season you had to keep the vehicles at least at 1/4 because that’s what it took to get off the island

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11403 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I expect (or hope, anyway) that serious matters be treated seriously.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47558 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

I sort my money in order
By serial number is the best way to do it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31130 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Is the keeping clothes at hand a military thing? Hard to tell, in my family, but I remember my grandfather (navy) and my father (farmer) both hanging the prior day’s pants on a hat rack, by their beds.

Posts: 5828 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Is the keeping clothes at hand a military thing? Hard to tell, in my family, but I remember my grandfather (navy) and my father (farmer) both hanging the prior day’s pants on a hat rack, by their beds.

Yes, when the ship’s on fire going to your locker and getting dressed is sub-optimal.

There were hooks either across from a stack of racks or each rack had a hook on them if there was another stack of racks across from them.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11403 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
When I smoked cigarettes, opening a new pack, take off top cellophane, open box, tear off front foil. Then carefully tear off rear foil so all 20 cigarettes are exposed. Bend in both rear flaps so the lid will always close, then smell them.

I cannot drink a canned beverage out of the can with the tab still attached. Can tabs have to be removed.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4147 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

I sort my money in order
By serial number is the best way to do it.

You, too?!

Posts: 2982 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clutter. Clutter is my friend, whether it be my desktop, my desk drawer, my shop, my life. I just feel more comfortable when everything I might need is within my reach and not filed or organized in a nice neat life! (Yeah, my wife hates it, but she has lived with me for 57 years and has "adjusted" to it.

Posts: 1660 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
I can't stand to wear wet shoes or socks, I always have a spare pair of each handy, at home, at work, in my truck. I don't mind having my feet wet, at the beach, by the pool, in a boat as long as they are dry when I put shoes and socks on.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Does always try to sit facing the entrance in a restaurant count?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1886 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
That is just good sense. You can see who is coming in the door.

Posts: 17386 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I am very particular as to spreading Best Foods or Miracle Whip on different kinds of sandwich.
Some sandwiches call for both.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6378 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have very few, like having conversations with my dog about various subjects that interest me at the time or, in some way, concern me. She's very helpful in assisting me in making necessary decisions and always offers good advice.

And, yes, I do talk to myself especially when mulling over some minor problem. I've always been a good conversationalist.

Those of you who were driving back in the 70s may remember the gas shortages, lines at the pumps and sometimes no gas available at all. As a result of that awful time, I very rarely let my gas tank fall below 1/2 and often fill 'er up when it falls below 3/4 of a tank.

Fireworks! As a kid, my fondest memeories were sitting out back of my grandparent's house on the Fourth of July with Grandad and throwing fireworks, blowing up cans and then, that evening, going over to the local funeral parlor for a huge neighborhood BBQ meal made on a brick BBQ and watching an enormous fireworks display late into the night-maybe even as late as 10PM.

But coming back from 30 months in that beautiful SE Asian Paradise I discovered a little problem-I hated and still hate the sound of fireworks. It makes me nervous even though I am pretty sure the sound is not that of a mortar round coming out of the tube and headed directly for me.

I take ZzzQuill about 6 and hit the bed by about 7:30-8 on those nights when fireworks are pretty popular. Wife makes sure the heavy drapes are closed, the A/C is on, even if it's cooler weather and the BR door is shut.

See, I'm quite normal!

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1634 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't eat white food, except Marshmallow Fluff.
Nor do I ever eat mayo, cream cheese, margarine, ricotta, etc.
Ugh!

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 695 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I always eat all my fries first when having a burger & fries

Same here, wife thinks I'm weird for it.
But if it's chips/sandwich, doesn't follow on. Can go back/forth there.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15750 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I love guacamole but hate avocado slices. It's a texture thing. A dip is supposed to be that consistency, but it's weird for something sliced to have the consistency of a fresh turd.

It's also related to living in SoCal 3 years and restaurants would leave the word avocado off the food description, but would sneak it in there and I'd bite into that unexpected turd-like consistency.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23524 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I love guacamole but hate avocado slices. It's a texture thing. A dip is supposed to be that consistency, but it's weird for something sliced to have the consistency of a fresh turd.

It's also related to living in SoCal 3 years and restaurants would leave the word avocado off the food description, but would sneak it in there and I'd bite into that unexpected turd-like consistency.

I used to be the same, but have come around to straight avocado in a few cases. I like it on a taco & sometimes on a burger or a club sandwich, but prefer it as guac 100%

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15750 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Sleep in all black pajamas. If I have the misfortune to end up with an intruder at night in my home I want not to be seen until it's from the muzzle-flash when it's too late.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1591 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post