SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What eccentricities, idiosyncrasies or quirks do you have?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What eccentricities, idiosyncrasies or quirks do you have? Login/Join 
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I’m an over 40 Caucasian autistic man on a gun forum, where do I begin?

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4855 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Shoes have to be lined up left/right when taken off. My desk may look disorganized but it is not.

Posts: 1118 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
When I was involved in hockey, I played goalie through college (club level) and officiated from age 18 up through the upper minor pro leagues. Later on, I spent 33 years in law enforcement.

As a result, I probably have more of these traits than everyone in this forum combined.

Posts: 4540 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
My desk may look disorganized but it is not.

My house usually looks like a mess, but I know where everything is. Well, most of the time anyway. I talk to myself a lot. I make grocery lists and then forget to take them with me when I go shopping.

Oh, and on the cats and toilet paper thing? My ex-roommate had a cat. Yeah, she unrolled the TP once. After that I turned the roll around so it came off the back instead of the front. So what did the cat do then? She sat on the toilet seat and started ripping big chunks of TP out of the roll and throwing them everywhere. Made a much bigger mess than just unrolling it did.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Toilet paper rolls down from the front of the roll.

In other words, the correct way. Ann Landers settled that years ago.

Posts: 20350 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I face the cash in my wallet and organize high to low.

I’m right handed but use my left hand for my fine motor skills.

Shoot right hand but I’m left eye dominant.

I could go on but I will stop.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3580 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Left sock goes on first as does left shoe. Always

Living the Dream

Posts: 4026 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like being really early to work, making a cup of coffee and some toast or whatever and enjoying the quiet before the phone starts ringing as I check out what is going on and plan my day. Irks the crap out of me when someone else decides to show up early and insists on talking to me. Go the hell away.

Posts: 432 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have left and right socks, my wife says I’m weird.

Posts: 212 | Location: Michigan | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I like to post videos that relate to a previous post.

quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
Left sock goes on first as does left shoe. Always

Posts: 23962 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I wash my hands before and after using the bath room.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37143 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:

Oh, and on the cats and toilet paper thing? My ex-roommate had a cat. Yeah, she unrolled the TP once. After that I turned the roll around so it came off the back instead of the front. So what did the cat do then? She sat on the toilet seat and started ripping big chunks of TP out of the roll and throwing them everywhere. Made a much bigger mess than just unrolling it did.

BTDT. My cats had eccentricities, idiosyncrasies and quirks, too!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9280 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
When people use a word or phrase incorrectly sometimes I can’t figure what they’re trying to say. My wife is my English to English translator.

Posts: 45466 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Bright lights make me sneeze. It's genetic.

Posts: 20350 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
You’re a sun sneezer!

Posts: 45466 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

I face the cash in my wallet and organize high to low.
Within denomination, sorted by serial number.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31130 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
You’re a sun sneezer!

Yep. Folks think I'm weird. They're right. Big Grin

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Talking to myself, i.e., voicing whatever I am thinking at the moment. Not all my thoughts are happy ones.

Misplacing items and having borderline anxiety/panic attacks when I can't find them. (My eldest brother shares this quirk.)

Posts: 28340 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I scrub the dishes before putting them in dishwasher. Wife thinks I’m insane about it. She’d just as soon load dishes full of food remnants into the dishwasher… not on my watch

Posts: 4881 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
My computer rests at about 30 degrees sideways, and if I'm on the computer at work, I turn it the same way. My chair sits so my left elbow is desked and the right elbow is in my ribcage. Don't make me explain why, because I've no idea why.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post