SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What eccentricities, idiosyncrasies or quirks do you have?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What eccentricities, idiosyncrasies or quirks do you have? Login/Join 
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I am a picky fucker. I hate Dill, Mayo , Mustard and tomato chunks (smooth tomato sauce is just fine).

Unless A1 or Tabasco or Sticker Mule is available my sandwiches are dry. This seems to confuse and disgust many sandwich aficionados. I don’t care, my quirks will be accommodated Big Grin.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MelissaDallas:
Irks the crap out of me when someone else decides to show up early and insists on talking to me. Go the hell away.

I recognize that problem from my previous job.

God bless America.

Posts: 13672 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
People calling “Miracle Whip” mayonnaise. People putting “Miracle Whip” on my Sammich and saying they used mayonnaise. Mad

Volume on television and radio must be in increments of 4. Same for heat setting in the vehicle.

Staircases always approached with the left foot-unless approaching with the left foot would mean the last step on the staircase would be taken with the left foot-then it’s Ok to approach with the right foot.

Posts: 2982 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
When crossing a doorway, I always step on the threshold instead of stepping over it.

Posts: 2687 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
All Y'all are fucky. Haven't got no quirks. Nor time to 'splain 'em.

(Obsessively checks safety on 938 in pocket holster.)

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12860 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
8 minutes early for an appointment is actually 5 minutes late.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55012 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My wife makes fun of me for putting ketchup on fried fish. I prefer going out the same door I came in. I struggle with taking days off. I had perfect attendance from 6th grade until I graduated.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Talking to myself, i.e., voicing whatever I am thinking at the moment. Not all my thoughts are happy ones.

I talk aloud to myself in figuring out problems.

I also don't like my sweet food touch my other foods, especially greasy one. So I make sure if I order french toast, they're on a separate plate from my eggs and bacon.

I also ask for new utensils when switching from my bacon and eggs to my French toast.

I don't like to touch my food with my hands. I am adept at shelling shrimp and eating spare ribs without touching them or leaving any meat on the bone.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19867 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
The older I get the more OCD I get. My sock, underwear and T shirt Dresser are always organized and neatly folded. My workshop is clean and tidy and the tool chests are organized. My truck is pretty much always clean, inside and out.

I never used to be like this.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5105 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Got to have coffee with eggs, or sweets. Must have a coke with pizza, burger, or fries. Somethings are just made to be together.

...Like when you're 10, a fart on a wooden chair.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2062 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh... I need to add I talk to my cat. If he starts talking back, then I will take the bus to the home.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16274 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I agree with lots of these.

Some standout items.
7 or more belt loops.
Toilet paper over the front.

Shoe alignment.
Left sock, right sock, left shoe, right shoe.

Posts: 4145 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
7 belt loops

There is actually a good reason for that. When carrying guns, the narrower span between the loops gives better support for the weight of the gun.

Posts: 28335 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I share some of the ones already stated. Another is that for about 8 years I picked up every coin I came across and tracked by heads up or tails up. Started when my kids said they would only pick them up if heads up as tails up would be bad mojo. After the 8 years I had about $36.xx worth, and found there to be no significant difference by coin (1,5,10,25,50,$1,$2 (some time in Canada)) whether heads up or down. I still pick them all up but stopped tracking the results.

Posts: 24 | Location: DFW | Registered: September 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
This is sounding like the movie "The Accountant"--in a good way. Smile

Posts: 2333 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other than being anal, like mowing five acres of my meadow and spotting one blade of grass driving me insane, my only quirks that I know of are food related.
I absolutely love quality skin on hotdogs pan fried for breakfast with pancakes or French toast and real maple syrup. Also English muffins loaded with butter dipped in oatmeal sweetened with brown sugar or maple syrup, nothing better! Childhood memories.

I also don’t like to eat just one thing for a meal. Even eating mostly protein I’ll have three or four. Steak, chicken wings, deviled eggs, or chicken thighs, sausage, bacon wrapped jalapeño. Rotating one bite at a time…..

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1138 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I never (almost) let my gas tank get below 1/2.

When it gets to 5/8ths level I am looking for a good place to fill up.

Posts: 11948 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I don’t use eating utensils in public.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29866 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
I judge a restaurant on whether or not they replace the silverware after the appetizer course. If they don’t, I immediately downgrade.

Posts: 1276 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No orgy's that allow cameras

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55012 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post