SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What eccentricities, idiosyncrasies or quirks do you have?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What eccentricities, idiosyncrasies or quirks do you have? Login/Join 
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted
This is meant to be fun. As the title says, what things do you do that might be considered eccentric?

My house keys always go on one hook and the car keys go on the other.

Posts: 4145 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Toilet paper rolls down from the front of the roll.

Oh I need to add one….
I will not touch a public bathroom door handle on the way out will use paper towel to get out. If only option is air dryer and door handle I will use some other layer between my hand. I have seen too many people leave a urinal or stall without washing their hands.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ozarkwoods,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4878 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
There are a handful of foods that I over-pepper. As in, I take the lid off and dump the pepper on. Biscuits and gravy. Country fried steak. (Commonality is the white gravy.) And cole slaw.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3325 | Location: Grapevine TX/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Locking doors behind me even when I am around the house. That and jumping in rabbit holes(new interests with both feet.

Posts: 3722 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Bishop Of Death
posted Hide Post
If a costar is not provided, I always have to put a napkin under the drink, and when done pretty much buss the table for them. My wife tells the waitress that they should hire me as a busboy.

Under Construction

Posts: 367 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I don't like corn. I will eat it in a stew with other things, but I don't like the texture of it by itself.

Posts: 11198 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am constantly turning out lights in rooms where no one is present. I also have 4 different cereals for breakfast that I cycle through the four and then repeat the cycle.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Me?

We're gonna need a bigger forum...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44251 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sleep with my socks on and clothes near the bed. I had a house fire and the time spent to get dressed came close to snuffing me. Never again!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16274 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Unless everybody gonna be really cool about a lot of stuff really quick like, I should sit this one out. Big Grin

I like regular Fritos with cream chees, a snack I shared With my grandmother.

Posts: 5849 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
There are a handful of foods that I over-pepper. As in, I take the lid off and dump the pepper on. Biscuits and gravy. Country fried steak. (Commonality is the white gravy.) And cole slaw.

Lots of oxalates, which form kidney stones. Be careful!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10954 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Me? I'll spend way too much on a pair of flip flops, but not much on anything else.

quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:

Down the front. Just like it is supposed to. That is how the patent was filed meaning the other way is wrong...

Unless you have a cat. Big Grin

Posts: 9299 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Me? I'll spend way too much on a pair of flip flops, but not much on anything else.

quote:

Down the front. Just like it is supposed to. That is how the patent was filed meaning the other way is wrong...

Agreed, and all the more reason to have no cats Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15735 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

quote:

Cats can be trained more easily than reaching behind the TP roll every time you need it. Train the cats!

My own list of eccentricities, idiosyncrasies or quirks went two pages of legal paper last time my girlfriend lectured me on them.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9279 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I imagine that if you were to ask my wife, she might have a longer list, but the main thing that comes to mind is that I hate talking on the phone. Doesn't matter if it is a mobile or "land line," I rarely answer calls (maybe twice a year or so), and almost never initiate them. It also bugs me a little when those around me are on the phone, especially when it is someone walking around on their mobile talking to thin air.

Posts: 6647 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Minimum of 7 belt loops on my pants.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Proper footwear always. You'll never see me in flipflops unless there's a swimming pool nearby.

Posts: 4774 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
No sugar in coffee
I always eat all my fries first when having a burger & fries
I shoot rifle right-handed but shoot a bow left handed
Can’t stand rare beef

Posts: 34270 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
none. i must be.

perfect.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8834 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Finding mine are a bit difficult to define however, I can give a laundry list of my wife's ...... but won't. Eek

Posts: 23104 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post