SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I call bullshit on this woman who doesn’t even appear to be on the regular staff of the hospital she claims to work at. Roll Eyes

Alabama’s Covid death numbers also don’t jibe with what she’s claiming, that young people are dying right and left there of the Wuhan Flu.

Are we still intubating and putting people on ventilators? I thought that was largely abandoned as not effective and even deadly for severe Covid patients?

When you’re at the point of needing intubation, you’re still lucid and able to speak like that?

Nope, you’re full of shit lady and it’s going to come out soon enough you’re a fraud:

“One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

Posts: 33816 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Israel Finds Pfizer Jab Only 39% Effective At Stopping Delta Variant

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...opping-delta-variant

Over the past month, Israel, the world's most heavily vaccinated country (with leading mRNA jabs, no less) has seen the number of positive COVID tests has risen by more than 30x as the number of active infections in the country has surpassed 10K.

Meanwhile, the Israeli Health Ministry, which has previously estimated the true efficacy of the Pfizer jab against the delta variant at only 64% (while still more than 90% effective at preventing serious illness and death), just released new data purporting to show that while the Pfizer jab is still 88% effective at preventing serious illness, it's only 39% effective at preventing infection with delta.

Alex Berenson, a former NYT journalist who has often reported on scientific findings that don't support the official narrative on masks and vaccines, shared the findings in a tweet, and speculated that the true efficacy in offering protection against the Delta variant might be even lower - perhaps as low as 30%.

Even Bloomberg acknowledged that the Israeli data "could be skewed because of different ways of testing vaccinated groups of people versus those who hadn't been innoculated, according to the report.

"The heavily skewed exposure patterns in the recent outbreak in Israel, which are limited to specific population sectors and localities," means the analysis may not be able to take all factors into account, said Ran Balicer, chairman of Israel’s national expert advisory team on Covid-19 response. "We are trying to complement this research approach with additional ones, taking additional personal characteristics into account. But this takes time and larger case numbers."

BBG also acknowledged that the data "are likely to fuel debate over whether booster shots should be given to people who've already been vaccinated - something Pfizer has said it plans to request..."

But Dr. Anthony Fauci, the FDA and the CDC have all said that there's no evidence yet that a third "booster" shot would be necessary. Israel has already ordered a round of booster shots that it plans to start distributing to the most vulnerable patients Aug. 1.

The Israeli numbers are much lower than other recent studies, including one study recently published in the New England Journal of Medicine, which found that two doses offers 88% protection against the Delta variant causing symptomatic disease, while offering 94% protection against the alpha variant.

But never mind all that: As President Biden said earlier this week, "if you are vaccinated, you are safe." Unless you're not.

https://www.jpost.com/health-s...alized-people-674508

Coronavirus in Israel: What do we know about the 143 hospitalized people?

Of the 143 hospitalized patients, 58% were vaccinated, 39% were not at all, and 3% were partially vaccinated.

Some 143 Israelis were hospitalized with COVID-19 as of Wednesday at 12 p.m., according to the Health Ministry. Fifty-eight percent of them were vaccinated, 39% were not and 3% were partially vaccinated, meaning they had taken one dose or a full week had not passed since their second shot.

Only one patient was a child. Five were pregnant women or women who recently gave birth.

Of the country’s 64 serious patients, including 17 in critical condition, there were 12 who were being invasively ventilated. However, while the percentage of vaccinated cases was high, the percentage of those who require invasive treatment was low: Only three fully vaccinated people were being invasively ventilated.

Also, only two people were connected to an ECMO external oxygenation machine, and neither of them were vaccinated.

Although the number of serious patients is on the rise – with 154 new ones this month compared to only 31 new ones in May and 17 in June – there were 972 new serious cases last July.

Some 18,469 Israelis have been listed in serious or critical condition since the start of the pandemic.

Thirty of the 143 hospitalized patients were in moderate condition, and 49 in mild condition.

Where are they hospitalized?

According to the ministry, there are 42 patients in one of the four hospitals in central Israel besides Tel Aviv. Some 37 people are being treated in Tel Aviv, 25 in Haifa, 15 in southern Israel, 15 in northern Israel and another nine in Jerusalem.

Meir Medical Center in Kfar Saba has the highest number of patients with 14, and also the highest number of serious cases – along with Beersheba’s Soroka Medical Center – with seven. Hillel Yaffe Medical Center in Hadera followed closely behind with six.

No other hospital had any serious patients in the double digits; the highest number of patients at any other facility was nine.

How many people have died?

Since the start of the coronavirus crisis, 6,452 Israelis have died of the disease. The deadliest month was January 2021, when 1,445 Israelis died.

So far this month, 20 people have died of the virus, compared to nine people last month and 237 in July 2020.

Fifteen of the 20 people who died this month were fully vaccinated.

Posts: 12688 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
How many people have died?

Since the start of the coronavirus crisis, 6,452 Israelis have died of the disease. The deadliest month was January 2021, when 1,445 Israelis died.

So far this month, 20 people have died of the virus, compared to nine people last month and 237 in July 2020.

Fifteen of the 20 people who died this month were fully vaccinated.

Did the deaths in Israel from the Wuhan flu follow the same guidelines as those in the U.S. - anybody with The Wuhan counted as a Covid death even though they died from car accidents, gun shots, heart attacks, suicide, etc.?

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I call bullshit on this woman who doesn’t even appear to be on the regular staff of the hospital she claims to work at. Roll Eyes

/url]

This lady is completely full of shit. The media picked up this story off Facebook for chrissakes.

I'm seeing a lot of this type of scare tactic now, with people like an old woman being interviewed saying, "ohhhh, I told my grown son to take the vaccine, but he said 'no, ma, I ain't doing it,' but then he got sick and now he's dead; ohhhh, please, people. Get the vaccine. Ohhh, my poor boy wouldn't listen." Roll Eyes

Freaking lies.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Israeli lab: Some existing drugs could stop COVID at almost 100%

https://www.jpost.com/health-s...t-100-percent-674426

Be sure to read the comments. A lot of people understand what is happening.

posted Hide Post
Same lady and her doctor husband made news last year too. I am catching a whiff of propagandist bullshit.

COVID-Positive Doc: 'I Didn't Wear a Mask and I Regret It'

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Nope, you’re full of shit lady and it’s going to come out soon enough you’re a fraud:

“One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

Dr Peter McCullough MD is a Professor at Texas A & M College of Medicine, President, Cardiorenal Society of America, Editor-in-Chief, Reviews in Cardiovascular Medicine, Senior Associate Editor, American Journal of Cardiology and others. He has written 46 peer-reviewed publications on COVID-19 and is considered among the world’s experts on the topic, testifying in the US Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs in November 2020, and throughout 2021 in the Texas Senate Committee on Health and Human Services, in the Colorado General Assembly, and in the New Hampshire Senate, concerning many aspects of the pandemic response.

Dr McCullough also practices internal medicine in Dallas and he was initially a proponent of the vaccine, until the many adverse reactions among his patients changed his mind completely. He has since come out adamantly against the jab.

He says, “Like most physicians looking at the data coming out of the registrational trials, the products looked like they were effective, ‘90% vaccine efficacy’…Through December, January, February, probably 70% of my patients here at Baylor in Dallas received the COVID-19 vaccine…looking backwards, now, on January 22nd, we had actually already had 186 deaths that had occurred after the vaccine. The threshold of concern is about 150 or so. In general, we get about 150 [deaths] for all the vaccines combined. 500 million shots per year, across 70 vaccines but for a single vaccine…

“I think if we had had a data and safety monitoring board, they would have shut down the vaccine in February of 2021.”

https://www.lewrockwell.com/20...bout-poisonous-jabs/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24124 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Here is a video by Jane Bürgermeister from 2012 that I believe you'll find very interesting.

Remember Swine Flu & Avian Flu - Flashback to Jane Bürgermeister pandemic update june 22th 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JxR3TmFf9M

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are we still intubating and putting people on ventilators? I thought that was largely abandoned as not effective and even deadly for severe Covid patients?

When you’re at the point of needing intubation, you’re still lucid and able to speak like that?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes to both. She is an internist and on the active staff. You can tell she is young, older docs usually do not post on Facebook.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
She is an alarmist...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43889 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
She is an alarmist...

^^^^^^^^^^^
Some docs are more suited for the theatre.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
And, back to mask mandates at work. Got a few good weeks in of not looking like a bank robber. Six people exposed by one of our vendors, three have tested positive, three await results.

I am so sick of this shit.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20827 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
But, but, you're vaccinated

Posts: 5325 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
But, but, you're vaccinated

Think about the children! 0.000000651% of our population is dying every single day from COVID.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20827 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I don't care.

I got the car!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43889 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...covid-nursi-n2593010

The Justice Department told Gov. Tom Wolf’s office on Thursday that it has decided not to open an investigation into whether Pennsylvania violated federal law by ordering nursing homes to accept residents who had been treated for COVID-19 in a hospital.

The letter comes 11 months after the department told the governors of Pennsylvania, Michigan, New Jersey and New York that it wanted information to determine whether orders there “may have resulted in the deaths of thousands of elderly nursing home residents.”

The one-page letter, from Steven H. Rosenbaum, chief of the department’s special litigation section, said they had reviewed information supplied by Pennsylvania, as well as “additional information available to the department.”

Michigan received an identical letter Thursday. But New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy’s office said it had not received one while New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s spokesperson Richard Azzopardi said he was checking to see if that administration had received one.

Separately, the Justice Department last October requested data from New Jersey and New York about their nursing home deaths, and launched a formal investigation into care at New Jersey’s veterans homes after receiving what it described as incomplete answers to its request for data.

This year, federal prosecutors in Manhattan were probing how Cuomo’s administration has handled data on nursing home deaths. The status of those probes are unclear.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

?? biden doj covering for DEM governors ?

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
And, back to mask mandates at work. Got a few good weeks in of not looking like a bank robber. Six people exposed by one of our vendors, three have tested positive, three await results.

I am so sick of this shit.
Yet no one goes any further to ask how many are actually sick or require hospitalization. Testing positive means literally nothing of value given the testing isn't fully reliable, and testing positive with no symptoms means virtually nothing.

This country has slipped to a point of almost complete mental lockdown where zero common sense or intelligence is being used to evaluate anything having to do with this bug.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden Gaffe Renews Questions About COVID Transparency

https://www.realclearpolitics....sparency_146132.html

President Biden so desperately wants the vaccine-hesitant part of the country to get their shots that he may have spread a little misinformation. “You are not going to get COVID,” he promised during a CNN town-event Wednesday night, “if you have these vaccines.”

Of course, this is not true. Biden knows it. He said as much later during the forum, explaining that, while vaccinated individuals enjoy significant protections, they can still test positive for the virus. But even if that happens, the president pointed out, the vaccine largely mitigates the most serious dangers. “You are not going to be hospitalized,” he said, reciting the latest scientific consensus. “You are not going to be in the IC unit, and you are not going to die.”

The fact that fully vaccinated individuals can still contract the coronavirus is a medical reality. It has also led to more uncomfortable questions about transparency for the Biden administration.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki revealed at Tuesday’s briefing that there had been previously undisclosed “breakthrough infections” among vaccinated employees at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Psaki refused, two days later, to say how many White House officials had gotten sick.

Reporters pressed her on the issue. After all, as the country learned the hard way during the pandemic, the health of the people working directly for the president can end up influencing the health of the republic. A lot of people have those jobs, more than 2,000 in the White House itself and the adjacent Eisenhower Executive Office Building. According to Psaki, that means “that just statistically speaking, there will be people who are vaccinated individuals who get COVID on the campus.”

Will the White House make those statistics available as they develop? “No,” Psaki said. “I don't think you can expect that we're going to be providing numbers of breakthrough cases.”

Well, why not? The story of the pandemic has been told through the charts and graphs presented to the public by members of the White House COVID task force. Why should this data be exempt?

When Kelly O'Donnell of NBC News pressed the White House to explain the lack of transparency, Psaki responded by saying that things are different now: “Well, Kelly, I think, one, we're in a very different place than we were several months ago. The vast, vast, vast majority of individuals who are vaccinated who get COVID will be asymptomatic or have mild cases.”

Psaki continued by saying that everyone who clocks in and out at the White House campus “has been offered a vaccine.” But those administration employees, like the rest of the federal workforce, have not been required to roll up their sleeves and take the shot. Face coverings have disappeared all the same at the White House, and aides are expected to follow the rule Biden laid out in May: “Get vaccinated or wear a mask until you do.”

But since even vaccinated individuals can become infected with the virus, what happens in those cases? “We have been very clear that we will be transparent with anyone who has had close proximity contact with the president or any of the four principles as deemed by the White House medical unit with all of you,” Psaki said.

And if someone sick with COVID comes into close contact with those principles, the press secretary said that the case itself would be made public but the infected individual would decide whether or not his or her name would be released. She promised, “We will protect their privacy.”

White House staff were made aware of this policy in a campus-wide email sent recently, and Psaki said Tuesday that the White House was abiding by “an agreement we made during the transition to be transparent and make information available.” They had committed then, she insisted, to releasing “information proactively if it is commissioned officers.”

The White House did not provide a copy of that commitment to transparency when asked to do so by RealClearPolitics.

It is a touchy subject. On one hand, the White House would rather not deal with headlines about vaccinated staffers coming down with COVID at the exact moment they are singing the praises of getting vaccinated. On the other, they would rather keep contact tracing apolitical and skip the pandemic parlor game that consumed the press and the previous administration.

In the time before the vaccine, reporters kept meticulous notes of which Trump staffers were and were not wearing their masks. And after Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett’s ceremonial nomination in the Rose Garden was dubbed a “super-spreader” by Anthony Fauci, the press scrambled to carry out their own unofficial contact tracing to see who might have been the “patient zero” who infected President Trump, the first lady, and several members of Congress. Biden World would rather skip that drama.

The risks aren’t as severe now, thanks to the vaccine. Get the shot and, as Biden explained, “you are not going to die.” All the same, even some Biden allies find the lack of transparency frustrating. “I get they’re trying to show strength and resolve, but I hated this secrecy with Trump and I hate it here with Biden too,” said Bradley Moss, a partner at the law firm that represented the whistleblower in Trump’s first impeachment. “Keep the public informed. Secrecy breeds mistrust.”

So why not just tell the public how many breakthrough cases there have been? Again, as Psaki explained, “we're in a very different place than we were several months ago.”

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
On top of all that, do you see what you guys did? Matt Damon is frustrated because you won't take the shot. You have frustrated Matt Damon. It's come to this.

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UK Report: 40% of Those Hospitalized for COVID-19 Were Fully Vaccinated

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...re-fully-vaccinated/

On Tuesday the United Kingdom Government’s Chief Scientific Adviser Sir Patrick Vallance gave a press conference in which he warned that 60% of those admitted to hospitals for COVID-19 had received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. Vallance later issued a tweet explaining that he had previously misspoken, with the actual number around 40%.

https://www.express.co.uk/news...-johnson-freedom-day

Speaking at a Downing Street news briefing, Sir Patrick Vallance said:

“In terms of the number of people in hospital who’ve been double-vaccinated, we know it’s around 60% of the people being admitted to hospital with COVID.”

Vallance continued, explaining that the extraordinarily high figure was nothing to worry about.

“And that’s not surprising because the vaccines are not one hundred percent effective, they’re very very effective but not a hundred percent, and as a higher proportion of the population is double vaccinated, it’s inevitable that those ten percent of that very large number remain at risk and therefore will be amongst the people who both catch the infection and end up in hospital.”

The press conference was soon after followed by a Twitter post, in which Vallance said the percentage of hospitalized COVID-19 patients who were fully vaccinated lies at 40% rather than 60%.

“Correcting a statistic I gave at the press conference today, 19 July. About 60% of hospitalisations from covid are not from double vaccinated people, rather 60% of hospitalisations from covid are currently from unvaccinated people.”

The post drew a wide array of responses, with many expressing skeptcism and even accusing Vallance as possibly lying.

“I’m sorry but HOW do you as UK Science Chief get such important figures wrong and discredit the double vaccinated in the process?” Posted one user. “Doesn’t add up and very suspect. Were you mistaken then or LYING now?”

“You Lying,” said another user in a more brief response.