SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm delighted that we have people watching these charlatans like a hawk, and I'm equally delighted that these agencies know they're being scrutinized closely and that they have to answer for their covert actions from time to time.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
What I TRULY love is that from the first instant these snake oil “vaccines” were made available, all manner of smug assholes said “are you getting them now that it is established science?” despite mounting evidence that the science is not only flawed but patently false. Not only did they not question the validity of big pharma’s claims, they choose to keep their collective heads in the sand and chastise those of us that either knew better, or exercised caution.

I truly feel for all those that were duped into injecting what becomes more clearly as poison with each passing day. Literally every one of my extended family members fall into this category. 2 of them had cancer. One has since had a resurgence of cancer and going through chemo as we speak.

These people need to be held accountable.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think the CDC is scared shitless that there’s a Democrat wipeout coming in November and they’re both trying to desperately perform CYA and help the Democrats.

I noticed in my building at work all of the bullshit charts and color codes and warning signs about masking and all that other nonsense are gone now.

My employer lives and dies by the CDC; honestly if the CDC came out today telling everyone to chop off a foot to combat Covid, the very next day they would be putting out an edict along with helpful hints on how to chop a foot off. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
What I TRULY love is that from the first instant these snake oil “vaccines” were made available, all manner of smug assholes said “are you getting them now that it is established science?” despite mounting evidence that the science is not only flawed but patently false. Not only did they not question the validity of big pharma’s claims, they choose to keep their collective heads in the sand and chastise those of us that either knew better, or exercised caution.

I truly feel for all those that were duped into injecting what becomes more clearly as poison with each passing day. Literally every one of my extended family members fall into this category. 2 of them had cancer. One has since had a resurgence of cancer and going through chemo as we speak.

These people need to be held accountable.

“are you getting them now that it is established science?”
This is exactly what a friend of mine tells me. He has had the vaccine and the boosters. I try to explain all of the problems that have popped up concerning the vaccine but he does not want to hear it. All the problems are why my wife and I are not vaccinated.
I remind him of the Swine Flue back in the 70s and the problems that had happened when the vaccine was rushed to the public, he says thing are different now.

He is a good friend, a close friend, I love him and his wife, they are like family to my wife and I so I do not argue with him about it.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to let everyone know:

Yesterday, the 5th Circuit Court of appeals in New Orleans DENIED my employer's request for an En Banc hearing of our case in a 13-4 vote and also UPHELD the decision of the 3-judge panel that ruled 2-1 in February that we, the employees, HAVE INDEED suffered Irreparable Harm.

The 5th Circuit ordered the case be remanded to Judge Mark Pittman's North Texas District Federal Court where the case originated. There the case for Preliminary Injunction will be heard and ruled upon. The case has NOTHING to do with the fact our employer MANDATED the vaccine. The case before the court is that our employer violated our religious and medical rights under the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended and the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990.

We still have a ways to go, but this is a MAJOR victory!! I believe our CEO's sphincter tightened somewhat yesterday upon hearing the news. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we fight on with this battle. Thanks!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Just wanted to let everyone know:

Yesterday, the 5th Circuit Court of appeals in New Orleans DENIED my employer's request for an En Banc hearing of our case in a 13-4 vote and also UPHELD the decision of the 3-judge panel that ruled 2-1 in February that we, the employees, HAVE INDEED suffered Irreparable Harm.

The 5th Circuit ordered the case be remanded to Judge Mark Pittman's North Texas District Federal Court where the case originated. There the case for Preliminary Injunction will be heard and ruled upon. The case has NOTHING to do with the fact our employer MANDATED the vaccine. The case before the court is that our employer violated our religious and medical rights under the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended and the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990.

We still have a ways to go, but this is a MAJOR victory!! I believe our CEO's sphincter tightened somewhat yesterday upon hearing the news. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we fight on with this battle. Thanks!

This is good news.
I think you are going to see more of this across the country in the coming months and next year.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
All the problems are why my wife and I are not vaccinated.
I got this same BS from a friend of my father. He's had the two initial vaccine shots and two boosters, and has tested positive for Covid 'twice', but somehow I'm the issue because I haven't submitted to the MRNA crap yet am healthy and haven't had Covid. Face it, there are far to many moronic sheep in this country today who no longer possess the capability of independent, rational, thought.
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Indeed that is good news. Here's hoping the courts do their job and eventually find for the employees.

And given your CEO is such a [blank], I hope this case causes him immense pain and suffering as it winds its way through the courts.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I got this same BS from a friend of my father. He's had the two initial vaccine shots and two boosters, and has tested positive for Covid 'twice', but somehow I'm the issue because I haven't submitted to the MRNA crap yet am healthy and haven't had Covid. Face it, there are far to many moronic sheep in this country today who no longer possess the capability of independent, rational, thought.
I think this about describes the situation...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Maybe Ron Johnson caught the DoD with their pants down???

https://justthenews.com/politi...ring-about-comirnaty

Key GOP senator presses feds for source of vaccine at military bases after whistleblower allegations

Nine military officers sent a whistleblower report to Congress regarding a questionably sourced and labeled COVID vaccine appearing at Coast Guard medical clinics.

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.) is pressing the Pentagon, Food and Drug Administration, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for answers after multiple whistleblowers raised concerns about the provenance of a Comirnaty-labeled COVID-19 vaccine shipped to military bases.
[snip]

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Somebody just bitched at me in another forum for referring to SARS-Cov-2 as the "Wu Flu."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
That’s nothing. I was banned from a Braves fan site for calling it “Chinese Flu” in 2020. The mod obviously had never heard of Spanish Flu.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Somebody just bitched at me in another forum for referring to SARS-Cov-2 as the "Wu Flu."

You got it wrong. It is the Wu-Lab-Flu

Posts: 9445 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
That’s nothing. I was banned from a Braves fan site for calling it “Chinese Flu” in 2020. The mod obviously had never heard of Spanish Flu.
Somebody else just bitched about it, asserting it was an expression of political attitude and the forum forbids politics.

TBH: "Wu Flu" is what I've called it, all along. If calling a thing what it is is "political bias," well...

I decided to save both them and myself the trouble and angst, and have quietly abandoned the place, never to return. Never particularly cared for that place in the first place, so no big loss.

Freakin' Nancy Boys

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Refer to it as the Controla Virus for some more fun.

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way late to this party. When we were planning flights last year to go to Alaska we were told we had to have them to get on a plane. Flat out lie!! NO one ever asked Mad
We flew from NY to Anchorage and back home. Not one person asked if we had the vaccine! Now I sit here wondering if it will cause cancer in me or a recurrence in my wife's bout with breast cancer. BASTURDS!!!!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I hate NPR; the thought of my tax dollars being used against me for propaganda pisses me off. But unintended messages within it makes me laugh! And the message here is “Covid has become so benign that it’s rivaled by the common cold”. Let’s see how well they’re able to peddle their snake oil now…

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/19...covid-research-study

Over half of people infected with the omicron variant didn't know it, a study finds

The majority of people likely infected with the omicron variant that causes COVID-19 were not aware they contracted the virus, which likely played a role in the rapid spread of omicron, according to a study published this week.

Researchers at Cedars-Sinai, a nonprofit health organization based in Los Angeles, examined the infectious status of individuals during the omicron surge in the U.S.

Omicron was first detected in November 2021 and has become the most dominant strain of COVID-19. Common symptoms are typically less severe than other variants and include cough, headache, fatigue, sore throat and a runny nose, according to the researchers.

The study analyzed 2,479 blood samples from adult employees and patients at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center around the time of the omicron variant surge.

Of the 210 people who likely contracted the omicron variant — based on antibodies in their blood — 56% percent did not know they had the virus, the researchers found.

They also found that only 10% of those who were unaware reported having any symptoms relating to a common cold or other type of infection.

"We hope people will read these findings and think, 'I was just at a gathering where someone tested positive,' or, 'I just started to feel a little under the weather. Maybe I should get a quick test,'" said Dr. Susan Cheng, one of the authors of the study.

"The better we understand our own risks, the better we will be at protecting the health of the public as well as ourselves," said Cheng, who directs the Institute for Research on Healthy Aging in the Department of Cardiology at Cedars-Sinai's Smidt Heart Institute.

A lack of awareness could be a major factor in the rapid transmission of the virus between individuals, according to the study.

"Our study findings add to evidence that undiagnosed infections can increase transmission of the virus," said Dr. Sandy Y. Joung, first author of the study who serves as an investigator at Cedars-Sinai.

"A low level of infection awareness has likely contributed to the fast spread of Omicron," Young said.

Although awareness among health care employees was slightly higher, the researchers said it remained low overall.

Researchers say further studies are needed, "involving larger numbers of people from diverse ethnicities and communities ... to learn what specific factors are associated with a lack of infection awareness," according to the news release.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Way late to this party. When we were planning flights last year to go to Alaska we were told we had to have them to get on a plane. Flat out lie!! NO one ever asked Mad
We flew from NY to Anchorage and back home. Not one person asked if we had the vaccine! Now I sit here wondering if it will cause cancer in me or a recurrence in my wife's bout with breast cancer. BASTURDS!!!!!!

Are you saying you got the COVID vaccine so you could take a trip to Alaska??

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Over half of people infected with the omicron variant didn't know it, a study finds

quote:
Are you saying you got the COVID vaccine so you could take a trip to Alaska??

Aegrescit medendo

It’s an old phrase coined by the philosopher Virgil, as the Latin would imply. Essentially it means the disease worsens with treatment, or the cure is often worse than the disease, depending on who is translating it.

But, sometimes, it's just better to make the point with humor:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
FUCK. My kid just woke up and is complaining of sore throat and has a mild fever. His test is positive. We all had it last September. I still can’t smell or taste right and now I’m about to get it again…fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!

Me and him didn’t get the jab, Mrs. Mike did but hasn’t had any more shots since the first one(she didn’t follow up as she had it and felt getting any more wouldn’t help her)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Mike don’t panic. Try quercetin with vitamin C (orange juice) lots of water vitamin D zinc and maybe some ivermectin if you can find it.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post