SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
The only way inflated numbers makes sense to me is that there is some international agreement that: 1) the virus escaped from a Wuhan lab, 2) PRC has agreed to pay damages for each positive test / ICU patient / etc related to the wuflu.

Otherwise, wtf?

Or 3) Every effort was made to hinder Donald J Trump and his efforts to get re-elected.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm aghast that masks are already fashion statements.

If on a budget, they offer military surplus aghast masks in Sportsmans Guide.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

I’m flabbergasted.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

I’m flabbergasted.

"Jumpin' Jack Flash is aghast, 'ghast, 'ghast". Big Grin

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I see what you did there

thats a Led Zep joke Smile

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Hi Folks,

Here is an interesting video about John D. Rockefeller that some may find interesting.
https://brandnewtube.com/watch...fVaz8CFewzwZFXP.html

How Psychopath John Rockefeller Wiped-Out Natural Cures To Create Big Pharma
https://www.algora.com/Algora_...to-create-big-pharma

The Truth About Fauci—Featuring Dr. Judy Mikovits
https://visionlaunch.com/the-t...ng-dr-judy-mikovits/

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looking for Chanel and Gucci branded masks soon. Or perhaps they are already available? Somewhat tongue in cheek but seriously, wouldn't surprise me a bit.

I've seen the Michael Kors logo on masks already.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The NOLA School District has okayed the wearing of BLack Lives Matter face masks.
www.WGNO.com

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The NOLA School District has okayed the wearing of BLack Lives Matter face masks.
www.WGNO.com

Can you provide a more targeted link than that? Please.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry...I am on my phone which link unfriendly. The article is on the right side of the main page.

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://wgno.com/news/two-stud...hool-board-decision/
^^^^^^^^^^^^
As it says TWO students who took it to the school board.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And of course the ACLU got involved. Roll Eyes

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My wife has an old friend in Wickenburg, AZ. Her husband is scheduled for his first covid vaccination at the Arizona Cardinals football stadium, down in Glendale, AZ (Phoenix suburb) at... 1:45 am! About all I can say is that Wickenburg is in Maricopa County, but having to drive 50 miles in the middle of the night seems crazy to me. Yes, vaccinating 24/hours day at the stadium.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Department of State Fact Sheet:

For more than a year, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has systematically prevented a transparent and thorough investigation of the COVID-19 pandemic’s origin, choosing instead to devote enormous resources to deceit and disinformation. Nearly two million people have died. Their families deserve to know the truth. Only through transparency can we learn what caused this pandemic and how to prevent the next one.

The U.S. government does not know exactly where, when, or how the COVID-19 virus—known as SARS-CoV-2—was transmitted initially to humans. We have not determined whether the outbreak began through contact with infected animals or was the result of an accident at a laboratory in Wuhan, China.

The virus could have emerged naturally from human contact with infected animals, spreading in a pattern consistent with a natural epidemic. Alternatively, a laboratory accident could resemble a natural outbreak if the initial exposure included only a few individuals and was compounded by asymptomatic infection. Scientists in China have researched animal-derived coronaviruses under conditions that increased the risk for accidental and potentially unwitting exposure.

The CCP’s deadly obsession with secrecy and control comes at the expense of public health in China and around the world. The previously undisclosed information in this fact sheet, combined with open-source reporting, highlights three elements about COVID-19’s origin that deserve greater scrutiny:

1. Illnesses inside the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV):

The U.S. government has reason to believe that several researchers inside the WIV became sick in autumn 2019, before the first identified case of the outbreak, with symptoms consistent with both COVID-19 and common seasonal illnesses. This raises questions about the credibility of WIV senior researcher Shi Zhengli’s public claim that there was “zero infection” among the WIV’s staff and students of SARS-CoV-2 or SARS-related viruses.
Accidental infections in labs have caused several previous virus outbreaks in China and elsewhere, including a 2004 SARS outbreak in Beijing that infected nine people, killing one.
The CCP has prevented independent journalists, investigators, and global health authorities from interviewing researchers at the WIV, including those who were ill in the fall of 2019. Any credible inquiry into the origin of the virus must include interviews with these researchers and a full accounting of their previously unreported illness.

2. Research at the WIV:

Starting in at least 2016 – and with no indication of a stop prior to the COVID-19 outbreak – WIV researchers conducted experiments involving RaTG13, the bat coronavirus identified by the WIV in January 2020 as its closest sample to SARS-CoV-2 (96.2% similar). The WIV became a focal point for international coronavirus research after the 2003 SARS outbreak and has since studied animals including mice, bats, and pangolins.
The WIV has a published record of conducting “gain-of-function” research to engineer chimeric viruses. But the WIV has not been transparent or consistent about its record of studying viruses most similar to the COVID-19 virus, including “RaTG13,” which it sampled from a cave in Yunnan Province in 2013 after several miners died of SARS-like illness.

WHO investigators must have access to the records of the WIV’s work on bat and other coronaviruses before the COVID-19 outbreak. As part of a thorough inquiry, they must have a full accounting of why the WIV altered and then removed online records of its work with RaTG13 and other viruses.

3. Secret military activity at the WIV:

Secrecy and non-disclosure are standard practice for Beijing. For many years the United States has publicly raised concerns about China’s past biological weapons work, which Beijing has neither documented nor demonstrably eliminated, despite its clear obligations under the Biological Weapons Convention.
Despite the WIV presenting itself as a civilian institution, the United States has determined that the WIV has collaborated on publications and secret projects with China’s military. The WIV has engaged in classified research, including laboratory animal experiments, on behalf of the Chinese military since at least 2017.
The United States and other donors who funded or collaborated on civilian research at the WIV have a right and obligation to determine whether any of our research funding was diverted to secret Chinese military projects at the WIV.

Today’s revelations just scratch the surface of what is still hidden about COVID-19’s origin in China. Any credible investigation into the origin of COVID-19 demands complete, transparent access to the research labs in Wuhan, including their facilities, samples, personnel, and records.

As the world continues to battle this pandemic – and as WHO investigators begin their work, after more than a year of delays – the virus’s origin remains uncertain. The United States will continue to do everything it can to support a credible and thorough investigation, including by continuing to demand transparency on the part of Chinese authorities.

https://www.state.gov/fact-she...stitute-of-virology/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am glad I always wear a mask and also that my agency supplies KN95 masks. I was in an interview room with a person for over two hours on 1/11 and we wore masks the entire time and had the chairs 6’ apart.

Yesterday I was notified the person’s son tested positive on 1/12 and my suspect tested positive yesterday morning. I went and got tested yesterday evening and was notified today my test was negative.

I think it shows that wearing a mask and social distancing really helps. I will be allowed to return to work in two more days out of caution.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I am glad I always wear a mask and also that my agency supplies KN95 masks. I was in an interview room with a person for over two hours on 1/11 and we wore masks the entire time and had the chairs 6’ apart.

Yesterday I was notified the person’s son tested positive on 1/12 and my suspect tested positive yesterday morning. I went and got tested yesterday evening and was notified today my test was negative.

I think it shows that wearing a mask and social distancing really helps. I will be allowed to return to work in two more days out of caution.

All this shows is that you didn't contract the virus. The vast majority of the people I know testing positive for C19 are dedicated mask wearers.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
^ This ^ My trainer contracted it from a client who was wearing a mask, while he was wearing a mask. He felt sick for a couple of days, went in and got tested, it came up positive. His wife and three kids never got it, never tested positive. If what they say about masks is true, he wouldn't have gotten it, or his family would have gotten it.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I hope what’s happening is the final hump of this goddam thing and it’s going to be a quick receding from here as after 10 months of not really knowing anyone around me getting COVID, there seems to be a flood of people I know now getting it; several coworkers, a couple friends and now my in-laws Eek

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:

All this shows is that you didn't contract the virus. The vast majority of the people I know testing positive for C19 are dedicated mask wearers.

I think it all depends on the details of the situation and you don’t know the full truth unless it is you. People can wear masks and if it is family and they hug or get in close proximity then they are in a different situation of me socially distancing and wearing a mask.

I feel the precautions I took made a difference and was just trying to share my experience.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

Or, your suspect wasn't contagious when you interviewed him, considering he didn't test positive until 5 days after his son did. It's good you have access to the types of masks that might actually protect you, although, KN95 is a Chinese rating.

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post