SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
California County Mandates Masks in Private Homes for People Not in Same Household
Vaccination status doesn't matter, say Santa Cruz County officials

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...usehold_4120640.html

Officials in Santa Cruz County, California, imposed a sweeping indoor mask mandate (pdf) this week that includes private settings.

For individuals gathering with people who do not live in the same household, masks should be worn in homes regardless of the COVID-19 vaccination status, according to the county on Monday.

“Masks must be worn in private settings, including your home, when non-household members are present,” the county wrote, without saying how it would enforce masking inside private homes.

The mandate will also apply to public settings including offices and grocery stores. Businesses will be required to post signs about the mask requirement, the county said.

“Unfortunately, a potential winter surge appears to be a significant threat to the health and safety of our community,” said Santa Cruz County Health Officer Dr. Gail Newel, without providing data for why a “winter surge” will occur.

Citing individuals’ desire to spend more time “with those we love during the holidays, it is important to protect vulnerable friends and family members by wearing a mask indoors,” Newel said.

Santa Cruz County lifted its mask mandate on Sept. 29 as cases numbers dropped and vaccine uptakes increased. Officials, however, told local media that COVID-19 cases have surged 29 percent in the past two weeks.

According to data provided by Santa Cruz County, which is located south of the San Francisco Bay Area, about 72 percent of residents have received at least one vaccine dose while 67 percent are fully vaccinated.

Newel said the mask requirement will remain in effect indefinitely until it is amended, rescinded, or superseded.

“Those are the three main things to watch but our big concern is also saving lives so we will be watching deaths and, additionally, the impacts on our health care system,” Newel told local media. “There has been quite an increase in hospitalizations in the last week to two weeks.”

She also said that health officials will monitor cases, hospitalizations, and other data.

“We just don’t know what lies ahead. We don’t know enough about this virus; about the variant; about data tracking and monitoring to really know at this point when it’s going to be safe to lift the order.” Newel told KSBW.

Data from the CDC suggests that California’s COVID-19 transmission rate is currently higher than states in the Southeast United States. The seven-case average in California as of Nov. 21 is more than double that of Florida, which has statewide orders banning masking or vaccine mandates.

The Epoch Times has contacted Santa Cruz County for additional comment.

Posts: 12650 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's to hoping the ignorant busybodies fuck right off during the holidays. Smile

Try enforcing your stupid fucking rules, meddlers.

Posts: 107465 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
We are so close to cartridge box time to solve these problems once and for all.

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Santa Cruz. Roll Eyes

I guess those that choose to remain there must love being the loyal subjects of their county officials. Dollars to donuts that these sheep will indeed where their precious masks in their homes through the Holidays. I can see the wonderful Christmas photos now......

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
In English please?

You can search on "Endothelial Inflammatory Markers" and "ACS: (Acute Coronary Syndrom) to get an idea.

I believe SF has a cardiologist aboard?

quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
What health issue is higher probability of occurrence and by how much over what period of time?

As for the former: Some form of heart failure, I imagine. As for the latter: Dunno.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
This Australian GOVERNMENT P.O.S. has lost his mind.
We have all heard by now about some Australian people being forced into Fema Camps by Army Truck.
His Nazi accent really starts to show at the 1:45 mark.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch...tx8POO593z54GfZ.html

Here are a few videos from people that are asking for help. You decide if they sound credible.

Woman Warns Of Ongoing Forced Injections For Australian Aborigines.
https://brandnewtube.com/watch...LcVzskDMdLmM1dV.html

UPDATE! Australia Are vaccinating People Against Their Will Kids Included
https://brandnewtube.com/watch...3fNE9TDmmzTvYQa.html

Here is something a little closer to home that also pertains to Indigenous People. (Canada)
Indigenous People Are Being Forced To Take Vaccines
https://brandnewtube.com/watch...N5ysv6uZgVNsOKD.html

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mexico News Daily: Health minister insists vaccination not beneficial for children

Jorge Alcocer said he would not vaccinate his own grandchildren

Health Minister Jorge Alcocer has once again claimed that COVID-19 vaccines could inhibit the development of children’s immune systems.

“… Children have a wonderful immune system compared to the later phases … of their life,” he said during an appearance in the lower house of Congress.

In that context, “hindering” the “learning” of a child’s immune system – the “cells that defend us our whole lives” – with a “completely inorganic structure” such as a vaccine is not the right thing to do, the health minister said.

Alcocer made the remarks a week and a half after claiming that vaccinating children against COVID-19 could have a “limiting” effect on the development of their immune systems. He said Tuesday that he wouldn’t vaccinate his grandchildren.

Health regulator Cofepris has approved the use of the Pfizer vaccine to inoculate youths aged 12 to 17 but the federal government hasn’t made the shot widely available to minors, and hasn’t indicated it will do so.

However, it has begun inoculating adolescents with underlying health conditions that place them at risk of serious COVID-19 illness, and vaccinated minors who obtained injunctions ordering they be given shots.

Link

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Those Australian clips- the first one with the asshole who needs a good tuneup-

Ask yourself why someone would behave this way. One answer is that they believe with all their heart and soul that they are doing the right thing. They believe this to such a degree that it it not within their paradigm that others might not believe this great truth, and that if you oppose this great truth, you're either a fool or a troublemaker and must be dealt with.

So, we can say these people are merely power-hungry and wish to bend us to their will and whim, but if you look a bit farther, you'll see true believers.

Posts: 107465 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well. I’m in the waiting room at the ER. Apparently this is where you get Regeneron infusions around here.

Last Thursday night, I developed a dry cough that I couldn’t shake. Started to wonder. Slept all day Friday and by the evening, had a fever of 102.8. Took some Tylenol and put an ice pack on my neck and got it down to 100. Slept. Saturday was much the same - sleep, fever, muscle aches and chills, cough. Sunday, I felt like it was over. Monday, it was back. Today, I was coughing up chunks of brown streaked with blood and went to urgent care. I have the Covid. Oh, and no loss of taste or smell, by the way. Last February when I’m positive I had it, I had all the above plus the smell and taste thing, but it was about three times as bad.

My impression so far: Pnuemonia is worse. Much worse. Ten times worse. We ruined the world over this? We’re going full authoritarian over this?

At the Covid check station on the way into the ER, there was an elderly lady standing there telling the guy about her tablecloth or something totally unimportant, so I spoke up and told the guy I was here because I had COVID. The lady looked aghast and asked me “are you scared?” I told her no. We need less fear, more logic and common sense in dealing with this.

I have Covid because my mother brought it with her about a week and a half ago when she flew in for the holidays. She’s 68, vaccinated, wore a mask the whole way the whole time, and she got it from some lady sitting near her in a terminal who was also wearing a mask and coughing the whole time. Coughing bitch shoulda stayed her ass home, and when she didn’t, my mother should have got up and found a seat somewhere else. But instead, we have mandates and regulations and “vaccinations” that give people the illusion of safety and this does us no good whatsoever. Oh, and my vaccinated mother? Sick also, maybe not as bad, but it’s not like she shrugged it off. Security theater has expanded into healthcare. Such fun.

Posts: 17101 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Well. I’m in the waiting room at the ER. Apparently this is where you get Regeneron infusions around here.

Last Thursday night, I developed a dry cough that I couldn’t shake. Started to wonder. Slept all day Friday and by the evening, had a fever of 102.8. Took some Tylenol and put an ice pack on my neck and got it down to 100. Slept. Saturday was much the same - sleep, fever, muscle aches and chills, cough. Sunday, I felt like it was over. Monday, it was back. Today, I was coughing up chunks of brown streaked with blood and went to urgent care. I have the Covid. Oh, and no loss of taste or smell, by the way. Last February when I’m positive I had it, I had all the above plus the smell and taste thing, but it was about three times as bad.

My impression so far: Pnuemonia is worse. Much worse. Ten times worse. We ruined the world over this? we’re going full authoritarian over this? at the Covid check station on the way into the ER, there was an elderly lady again s there telling the guy about her tablecloth or something totally unimportant, so I spoke ipanstolerhe guy I was here be seen I had COVID. The lady looked aghast and asked me “are you scared?” I told her no. We need less fear, more logic and common sense in dealing with this.

I have Covid because my mother brought it with her about a week and a half ago when she flew in for the holidays. She’s 68, vaccinated, wore a mask the whole way the whole time, and she got it from some lady sitting near her in a terminal who was also wearing a mask and coughing the whole time. Coughing bitch shoulda stayed her ass home, and when she didn’t, my mother should have got up a seat somewhere else. But instead, we have mandates and regulations that give people the illusion of safety and this does us no good whatsoever. Oh, and my vaccinated mother? Sick also, maybe not as bad, but it’s not like she shrugged it off. Security theater has expanded into healthcare. Such fun.

Let's have a Speedy recovery, P220 Smudge.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Officials in Santa Cruz County, California, imposed a sweeping indoor mask mandate (pdf) this week that includes private settings.

For individuals gathering with people who do not live in the same household, masks should be worn in homes regardless of the COVID-19 vaccination status, according to the county on Monday.

“Masks must be worn in private settings, including your home, when non-household members are present,” the county wrote, without saying how it would enforce masking inside private homes.

Of course they don’t say how they are going to enforce this… because they can’t.
Silly mandates undermine the entire notion of rule of law.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24050 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Silly mandates undermine the entire notion of rule of law.

Did you see the ruling today out of Cole Co? Judge said that the little health dept. nazis can't be making and enforcing all of these nonsense rules.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Here is another call for help from the aboriginal community.

A message to the world from the aboriginal community
https://brandnewtube.com/watch...nQYhJoPQO5DvObx.html

-- George Orwell

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

I've heard reports that Regeneron was causing kidney problems in some patients. The best treatment by all accounts seems to be the monoclonal antibodies.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30399 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Well. I’m in the waiting room at the ER. Apparently this is where you get Regeneron infusions around here."

I just got off the phone with a friend going to get the Regeneron infusion later today - be warned - they told him there is a potential unwanted side effect shortly after getting the shot - best you be near a bathroom. They told him the whole process is 3 hrs long.

Anyone have experience getting the Regeneron Infusion?

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“The best treatment by all accounts seems to be the monoclonal antibodies”.
This is also what I have heard, as well as adverse reactions to regeneron.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15549 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
Let's have a Speedy recovery, P220 Smudge.

Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I've heard reports that Regeneron was causing kidney problems in some patients. The best treatment by all accounts seems to be the monoclonal antibodies.

Well. That's all I need. Fucked kidneys to go with my rotten liver. I just double-checked mychart and it says REGEN-COV (casirivimab with imdevimab), so Regeneron. A quick search pulls up this article, which says Regeneron IS monoclonal antibodies. I was pretty sure I heard both "Regeneron" and "monoclonal antibodies."

quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyMCO:
I just got off the phone with a friend going to get the Regeneron infusion later today - be warned - they told him there is a potential unwanted side effect shortly after getting the shot - best you be near a bathroom. They told him the whole process is 3 hrs long.

Anyone have experience getting the Regeneron Infusion?

Thankfully, I didn't have such problems. Something weird did happen, however. About 8-10 minutes into the actual infusion, I started getting lower back pain. I have a damaged L3 or L4 disc, can't remember which, and at first I thought I had agitated it sitting too long or in a weird position, so I shifted around. I soon realized I could not find a position that was comfortable, and the pain was steadily increasing. It finally got to the point where my legs were bouncing around and I was making not-manly noises, so I hit the nurse call button. She came in, I told her what was going on, she hit the stop button on the machine and went to go get the doctor. Between the time she hit the stop button and walked out the door a few seconds later, the pain stopped increasing and started to quickly reverse. A minute later, by the time the doctor showed up, it was gone. If I agitate that disc, it stays hurting, it doesn't just magically go away, so I'm positive it was the infusion. The doc said he'd never seen or heard of such a side effect, but agreed it was one and asked me what I wanted to do. I opted to continue and see what happened. Thankfully, the problem did not reoccur because that would've been the end of that.

Posts: 17101 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
“The best treatment by all accounts seems to be the monoclonal antibodies”.
This is also what I have heard, as well as adverse reactions to regeneron.

Are you getting this confused with Remdesivir ?

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post