SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll be adding gill slits to the mask next.

paint on a sharks open mouth and snout....

Had a Karen interaction at the Publix Pharmacy today, theres a line of 3, Publix has the green stand here stripes, I'm fine with that, rules is rules, it's their home...

Karen is in line, paint respirator mask, dual filters, gloves, and wet wipes at the ready.

So I pass Karen in the aisle to go behind her, and she turns and tells me "Six Feet, you need to be Six feet away from me" I look down my feet are behind the green "Stand Here" line, my stomach might be a few inches over the line, but hey, I"m "Standing Here"!

Could have said something but I just looked down at the line, looked up at her and went back to reading my iPhone SF stuff while we wait.

She's looks down and realized that her cart front wheels are at the green line for her, not her feet. Apparently in Karen's world, the line is for her AND the cart, since I'm behind the line there's nothing she can say...

She never said another word, if I'd had thought about the FL Order of No Masks, I'd have put it in my pocket and "said, sorry forgot, we don't have to wear these anymore".

Karen checks out, tech can't hear here through the Home Depot Respirator 5000, so it takes a bit to translate, then to sign the disclosure, a wipe comes out, cleans the machine, holds the e-pen with the wipe, same for the CC where she uses a electronic CC to pay. At least the equipment was nice and clean for me, would have like to have thanked her for that but she ran out like her ass was on fire...

To top it off my meds were not ready, even though Publix texted they were.... So I didn't even have to be there, but I did get to meet Karen....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gyms and fitness centers around here opened last week, but still with mask requirements from our shit for brains governor. i happen to belong to a fitness center connected to a hospital because it is close by and i have a reduced fee. When I contacted them today to freeze my membership as they had offered, they told me that they understood why I may not be comfortable coming back around a group yet. They got a surprise when I told them I would come back today if not for their insistence on wearing a mask WHILE exercising.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For several months we were told by Fauci and the godlike “experts” that masks were unnecessary. Then they were so necessary that you and everyone around you would die without one. When confronted with this flip flop, Fauci says it was because they had to save the masks for healthcare workers. So, how many died from not wearing a mask while they stockpiled them for healthcare workers? Were peoples lives sacrificed for the lives of doctors and nurses? No, of course not. They’ve always known that these idiotic face coverings were worthless. It is funny though, that the average sheep doesn’t wonder why masks only became a wall between life and death months into the wu flu.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3536 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Oh ffs:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I observed a humorous’Karen’ moment today while meandering around our local Harris Teeter (grocery store). A women not wearing a mask was walking away from the deli counter with her two smallish children when a woman who was next in line started shouting “MAAM” “MAAM” “MAAM”, “you aren’t wearing a mask, why not”. The women being yelled at, obviously embarrassed, just said “don’t have one”. Karen proceeded to harangue the worker behind the counter saying she shouldn’t be allowed in the store without a mask. The worker just said “must be a medical condition” and went about her work. This was actually the first time I have seen such ridiculous nonsense first hand, and I did get a chuckle out of it.

Posts: 425 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
FAUCI: You know, that difficult, really, to give a single explanation. ...the data and the evidence that this can be very helpful as part of a multifaceted way to get these cases down and to diminish the transmissibility and acquisition is very clear.
According to what study or studies you lying POS. You got nothin', and I for one am not about to take your word for anything. Prove it, or STFU. Mad

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I had a 'Karen' follow me around the local Safeway buying groceries a few weeks ago - he kept telling me that I forgot to wear a mask, and I kept telling him I didn't forget

the bastard followed me around two aisles until I stopped and looked at him - he then saw I was armed with a pistol and though the better of continuing to harass me.

I didn't think I would need to be armed to go grocery shopping but thats what its coming down to

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
It is ALWAYS good to be armed Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I had a 'Karen' follow me around the local Safeway buying groceries a few weeks ago - he kept telling me that I forgot to wear a mask, and I kept telling him I didn't forget

the bastard followed me around two aisles until I stopped and looked at him - he then saw I was armed with a pistol and though the better of continuing to harass me.

I didn't think I would need to be armed to go grocery shopping but thats what its coming down to

He needs to get laid.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
On Friday afternoon, Dr. Mike Ryan informed the world in the Irish Times that WHO estimates that 750 million people globally have "had corona virus to date". With 1 million deaths attributed to the virus, that give an infection fatality rate (IFR) of 0.13% - if you actually get infected. That is a lot less then the 3.4% the WHO used, with China's help, to start a global panic and not that different from the generally accepted 0.1 IFR for the usual annual flu season.

Unsurprisingly, he implies that most of the world's population is still at risk. That is manifestly false as we know that there is substantial innate immunity to the virus from previous exposure to other corona viruses. SARS-CoV-2 in not that "novel".

I am so tired of being lied to by psychopaths and their sycophants in media and government.

https://www.irishtimes.com/new...-ryan-says-1.4370626

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Only in CA Big Grin (sorry to our members there) Thankfully he did not make this a law...yet.

quote:
The office of California Gov. Gavin Newsom has told residents in the Golden State that if they go out to eat, they should be wearing a mask “ in between bites ” to protect themselves from COVID-19.

“Going out to eat with members of your household this weekend?” an Oct. 3 tweet from the governor’s office says. “Don't forget to keep your mask on in between bites.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ia-govs-diners-masks

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Orthodox Jewish Community In NYC Holds Massive Protest To Challenge Coronavirus Restrictions

https://www.dailywire.com/news...navirus-restrictions

The Orthodox Jewish community in New York City held a massive protest Tuesday night against New York Democrat Governor Andrew Cuomo and NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio over what they believe are aggressive coronavirus-related restrictions aimed squarely at the Jewish community and over the aggressive enforcement of those regulations.

“Hundreds of members of the Borough Park Orthodox community took to the streets Tuesday night, defying orders to disperse and lighting a fire in protest of new state-mandated restrictions imposed on area synagogues, schools and non-essential businesses over a COVID-19 surge,” the New York Post reported Tuesday.

The protesters set fire to masks and other symbols of anti-coronavirus protective measures.

The restrictions, which Cuomo imposed earlier this week, include a near-complete lockdown of “non-essential” businesses in select areas of the city defined as “coronavirus hot spots.” Nearly all of the ZIP codes indicated as hotspots are in predominantly Jewish areas of the city. Many of the targeted areas are in Brooklyn.

“Red ‘intense clusters’ will see all non-essential businesses and schools closed, restaurants reduced to takeout only, mass gatherings prohibited and houses of worship limited to a maximum of 25 percent capacity or 10 people,” according to an earlier report from the Post. “The closures must be made no later than Friday — though a spokesman for de Blasio tweeted that they would likely begin Thursday — and run for at least two weeks.”

“A map released by the governor’s office shows Brooklyn’s red zone encompassing a huge chunk of the borough, including much of Borough Park, Midwood, and Homecrest,” the outlet continued. Schools can remain open for in-person learning, but students must undergo weekly coronavirus testing.

The Orthodox Jewish community says they’re being singled out, a point leaders made in a statement released Tuesday night questioning the Constitutionality of Cuomo’s and de Blasio’s crackdown.

“We are appalled by Governor Cuomo’s words and actions today,” they wrote. “He has chosen to pursue a scientifically and constitutionally questionable shutdown of our communities.”

The leaders also say that, despite claiming concern over the spread of coronavirus in select communities, Cuomo has made an effort to speak to community leaders about the issue: “[Cuomo’s] administration’s utter lack of coordination and communication with local officials has been an ongoing issue since the start of the pandemic, and particularly recently as we face this uptick.”

They even called into question Cuomo’s decision to display photos of Orthodox Jewish celebrations during his presentation on new coronavirus restrictions — photos that did not depict recent events.

“Governor Cuomo’s choice to single out a particular religious group, complete with a slideshow of photos to highlight his point, was outrageous,” they said. “His language was dangerous and divisive, and left the implication that Orthodox Jews alone are responsible for rising COVID cases in New York State,”

The protest was met with serious resistance. Although Bill de Blasio has been reticent to allow the New York Police Department to take significant steps to control other demonstrations that ultimately became destructive, the NYPD was out in force on Tuesday night.

Cuomo defended his measures Wednesday, noting that the new rules are targeted towards communities that have resisted coronavirus-related restrictions from the beginning of the pandemic.

To the extent there are communities that are upset, that’s because they haven’t been following the original rules,” Cuomo said. “That’s why the infection spread, because they weren’t following the rules and the rules weren’t being enforced.”

Video at link.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Orthodox Jewish Community In NYC Holds Massive Protest To Challenge Coronavirus Restrictions
Much like the response to the nonsense over guns, the Jewish community's approach should be "We will not comply". This BS needs to be brought to an end.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I haven't followed this thread recently so I did a quick forum search and didn't see this posted.

Three prominent infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists opposed to the wide-scale lock downs have an alternative plan, known as Focused Protection, which can be found in the Great Barrington Declaration. It has thousands of medical professional and practitioner co-signers, not to mention citizens from various countries signing the petition, and are seeking to share the petition for more signatures.

The declaration, a couple lengthy videos explaining the doctor's position, and the petition that can be found here:

The Great Barrington Declaration

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Much like the response to the nonsense over guns, the Jewish community's approach should be "We will not comply". This BS needs to be brought to an end.

Sure. Right after casting their Democrat vote.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
A plot to kidnap crud-19 queen whitmer has resulted in six arrests. witmer thanked law enforcement but blames President Trump and the GOP as being complicit...

https://www.metrotimes.com/new...r-they-are-complicit

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
A plot to kidnap crud-19 queen whitmer has resulted in six arrests. witmer thanked law enforcement but blames President Trump and the GOP as being complicit...

https://www.metrotimes.com/new...r-they-are-complicit

Unless Anarchists now support Trump, she was a little off base with that comment.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Unless Anarchists now support Trump, she was a little off base with that comment.

Everything that goes wrong is Trumps fault, dontchaknow.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

Everything that goes wrong is Trumps fault, dontchaknow.

This is true. They really need to try to hide their desperation better.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

Sure. Right after casting their Democrat vote.
I know where you're going, but I've told someone I voted for in the past they were a moron and I no longer gave a damn what they thought. And DeBlasio and Cuomo may have actually reached a point where some of these Jewish folks opt to change their voting practices. We'll have to wait and see.