SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... 1207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
“They’re taking chances they don’t need to take, especially if they’re in public service.”

I don't think that means what he thinks it means. Or, he's elevated the importance of a cold beer to its proper place!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12429 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
it goes up, but won't go down, it's an electrical problem

Well, she's kinda correct, the part that feeds the electricity to the system that makes it go down isn't letting it through to run the elevator, so,
...... Big Grin

Nope tested that just to be sure it wasn't a common electrical component I could source. The solenoid was controlled by 24v, when I pressed the down button 24v was going to solenoid. Wink

More annoyed by the fact that she wanted me to wear a mask instead of just staying away from me, and I'm now in her database.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20831 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... suddenly CNN doesn’t have the “Death-O-Meter” on screen. No coverage of COVID. I guess the pandemic is over.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Did anyone see today's headline on the New York Times?

"U.S. Deaths Near 100,000, An Incalculable Loss"

Well, I'd calculate the loss at..about 100,000 deaths.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
So more than they can count on their fingers and toes, is that what they mean?

Posts: 18079 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Did anyone see today's headline on the New York Times?

"U.S. Deaths Near 100,000, An Incalculable Loss"

Well, I'd calculate the loss at..about 100,000 deaths.

Did you check your math on that one? Maybe get a second set of eyes on it Big Grin

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's "incalculable" because no one can trust the reporting? There's all kinds of things to look in to, here.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Slap a 10% Veterans discount on top of that and I'm yours, I don't shop at Home Depot at all
I am not fan of Home Depot, but they gave me a lot less hassle about the 10% Veterans discount.

Lowe's, I had to go through a whole sign-up procedure, with all sorts of verification.

Home Depot, I just show my Driver License, with the Veteran indicator, at checkout, and I get the 10% discount.

There is a sign up procedure online but after that you just give them your phone number.
Lowes - Or scan your MyLowes card. Home Depot's veterans discount is intended for active, retired, or service-connected disabled military, not us "regular" veterans who served but did not retire. Lowes doesn't make that distinction.

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
We have had to wear a mask when inside shopping at grocery stores and any inside business for a while now.

I see people driving with masks on. OK sure if it makes you happy.

As the humidity goes up people are going to find wearing a mask just walking into a store is uncomfortable. Those that walk around outside with them on are in for a rude awakening as the humidity goes up. Heck, I've seen a few people jogging and biking with them on.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16404 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Those that walk around outside with them on are in for a rude awakening as the humidity goes up. Heck, I've seen a few people jogging and biking with them on.

They'll continue to do what their commie overlords tell them to do. It's amazing at how many people there are that have fallen victim to the stupidity that is plaguing this nation right now.

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
We have had to wear a mask when inside shopping at grocery stores and any inside business for a while now.

I see people driving with masks on. OK sure if it makes you happy.

As the humidity goes up people are going to find wearing a mask just walking into a store is uncomfortable. Those that walk around outside with them on are in for a rude awakening as the humidity goes up. Heck, I've seen a few people jogging and biking with them on.

The store I was working in today had broken A/C, I thought I was going to faint.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20831 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, looks like major media WuFlu coverage is over. And they aren't even lecturing the crowds of people in the major cities about social distancing. But many of the people I am seeing on TV are are wearing masks to avoid being idnetified, I mean to avoid catching WuFlu...

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
And they aren't even lecturing the crowds of people in the major cities about social distancing. But many of the people I am seeing on TV are are wearing masks to avoid being idnetified, I mean to avoid catching WuFlu...

I saw on the local news this morning that there's a "rally" Wink planned for a town up the road a ways today. The organizers are claimed to be requesting that "attendees maintain social distancing" and will be providing masks. What a circus that's going to be.

God bless America.

Posts: 13508 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
We are distant
But together
Mississippi Strong

From the highway signs this week. Knew you guys would live every bit of that.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12429 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Ooh, Department of Transportation Haiku! (Almost.)

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13508 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
We are distant
But together
Mississippi Strong
Burma-Shave

Posts: 107651 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37986 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

Home Depot's veterans discount is intended for active, retired, or service-connected disabled military, not us "regular" veterans who served but did not retire.
That might vary with the store, or maybe with the region.

I live in Altamonte Springs, FL, and work at my hangar in Apopka, FL. The Home Depot stores in those two cities just look at my Driver License with the Veteran indicator, and ring up my purchases with the discount.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Holy Carp! Stopped into the local drug store to pick up a scrip and damned if they didn't have a limited amount of hand sanitizer behind the counter!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Holy Carp! Stopped into the local drug store to pick up a scrip and damned if they didn't have a limited amount of hand sanitizer behind the counter!

Pictures or it didn’t happen Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post