SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
NPR needs to be defunded if they are not going to play Presidential addresses and briefings.
Seems like those Presidential briefings would be mandated to be broadcast by NPR regardless of political party.

That would be the case if the current President were a Democrat.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
The couple of Pritzker’s that I have caught consisted of him bitching about Trump for about 90% of the press conference...are they still like this? That guy pisses me off to no end...all he does is complain how everyone isn’t doing his job for him. Typical lazy asshole liberal.

To this very day.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Something ain't right.

You can contract the virus by almost looking at someone, but to test if you have it they have to shove a q-tip up your nose to your brain?

Gimme a break.

How about I just spit into a test tube?

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
NBC tweeted this. and shortly took it down

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...e-a-guess-w-n2566440

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's fantastic.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
29 deaths in Oregon, added a 93 year old to the body count today. I think that bumps the median age to almost 80.

Roughly 4.1 million people in the state.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
29 deaths in Oregon,...

That's amazing. Doing a great job.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
If the CCP falls, I imagine that North Korea, Cuba and Venezuela probably won't be far behind.

Will that leave the United States as the world's last Communist country?

That is COLD Fenris,Damm Cold.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Six deaths in all of Montana, with about a million residents. A total of 299 confirmed cases as of this afternoon. With over thirty of that number now healthy again.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Seriously....is Governor Blackface completely oblivious to what a caricature of human being he is...

even
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^ That's fantastic.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
NBC tweeted this. and shortly took it down

[IMG][/IMG]

[]

I assumed that was fake, I can't believe channel 4 actually posted that, wow.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Free trial to communism. Hopefully not coming to a theatre near you.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/YS7jhyW2wd4

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Free trial to communism. Hopefully not coming to a theatre near you.
Our free trial is already here, people getting paid to not work.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
29 deaths in Oregon, added a 93 year old to the body count today. I think that bumps the median age to almost 80.

Thank goodness numbers are "low", as the local hospital is critically low on PPE for staff.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was curious if washing hands killed the coronavirus or just flushed it away.

https://www.theguardian.com/co...-based-disinfectants
Thanks for posting.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was curious if washing hands killed the coronavirus or just flushed it away.

https://www.theguardian.com/co...-based-disinfectants

With this in mind, is Ivory soap the best option? Good old-fashioned, time-tested product, easy to find, no scents, skin-softeners or stupid packaging, just easy to use, effective soap.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank goodness numbers are "low", as the local hospital is critically low on PPE for staff.

According to who? I have family who is a nurse in Or. Not in her facilities. ??

In fact the nursing staff is unhappy as hours are hard to come by with little for them to do. They are being asked to stay home.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
With this in mind, is Ivory soap the best option? Good old-fashioned, time-tested product, easy to find, no scents, skin-softeners or stupid packaging, just easy to use, effective soap.

Soap–whether it’s all natural, hand made, liquid, bar, or foamy, all are able to dissolve fatty substances and lipids.

And able to dissolve that fatty envelope around the virus.

Note that the above is what I've read.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/globaltime...overy-latest-updates

More than 80 trains at the #Wuhan station are ready to resume operation. Starting from Wednesday, outbound transport will resume after the city hit the “pause” button for more than 2 months.

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Too soon?

Jia County in Henan province has reportedly gone into lockdown ... 600k residents told to say inside.
No sports.
National college entrance exam delayed by one month.

And borders closed to foreigners, in case of a second wave.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post