SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 1208
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGgg

Detroit automakers agree to shut down all factories

https://www.abc12.com/content/...0oU9Utl4cZEuYNZRjsY8

UAW strikes again

Posts: 5353 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
People are stupid and not limiting their excursions and contacts.
I know one woman who is going about as if nothing is going on. She's out shopping all the time for non-necessities. She doesn't have a clue what 'social distancing' means. When I called her out on it, she just shrugged it off saying she's 'spoiled'.

I and many other people haven’t changed their lives at all outside of changes out of my control.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3980 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know one woman who is going about as if nothing is going on. She's out shopping all the time for non-necessities. She doesn't have a clue what 'social distancing' means. When I called her out on it, she just shrugged it off saying she's 'spoiled'.

That is the consequences of moronic statements like former Milwaukee sheriff David Clarke urging his 900,000 Twitter followers to take to the streets this morning! I believe Twitter promptly suspended his account. I would extend that to calling him a clear and present danger to the health and security of the US.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:

I and many other people haven’t changed their lives at all outside of changes out of my control.

I haven't radically changed my life, but I'm only going out now when necessary, cutting down my contact with people. It's not too much of a change because I pretty much stay home most of the time. I'm in the increased risk group so I'm being more cautious.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16536 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

They're about to see a lag in purchases so this makes a lot of sense, regardless of their reasons surrounding getting people out of plants.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12445 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

UAW strikes again

I am no fan of the UAW, by any stretch. But in this case they arent wrong. The plant is thousands of people, working in close proximity, eating in close proximity. If this is so dangerous that all of the office and admin need to go home, why are the shop workers still working? This is either a major health crisis or it isnt

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Same here. I even drove down to Salt Lake today for a scheduled service to my wife's Tahoe. Damn earthquake screwed up those plans however so had to reschedule for Friday.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Sounds about right for the cesspool known as Philadelphia.

Who doesn't have internet access in the year 2020 in one form or another? This is complete horseshit but not surprising knowing who runs this city:

Roll Eyes

quote:

Philly teachers told to halt remote instruction due to equity concerns

Philadelphia teachers may no longer offer remote instruction to students, according to a memo sent by the Philadelphia School District to principals Tuesday night.

“To ensure equity, remote instruction should not be provided to students, including through the internet, technology at home, by phone or otherwise,” said the memo, which was obtained by The Inquirer.

“Students should not be required to complete new assignments or homework activities. Schools may not make independent decisions to provide remote instruction at this time. As guidance and circumstances continue to unfold, we will provide updates as necessary.”

It was unclear how many students would be affected by the edict.

The memo was signed by Naomi Wyatt, the superintendent’s chief of staff, and by Malika Savoy-Brooks, the Chief Academic Support Officer, and cited recent guidance from the state and federal education departments.

“...We may not offer remote instruction to some students unless we can serve all children,” Wyatt and Savoy-Brooks wrote. “As we all know, some of our students have special instructional needs, some lack access to a computer, and some will have responsibility for taking care of younger siblings or older relatives while their parents are at work. As a result, the district is not able to provide remote instruction during the period of school closures to all children.”

Teachers at some Philadelphia schools had been offering optional remote instruction on their own before the edict went out; there was no formal program of instruction. Instead, Superintendent William R. Hite Jr. has encouraged parents to engage children in learning activities during the coronavirus shutdown, and has made learning guides available to families through the district’s website.

— Kristen A. Graham and Maddie Hanna

Link

Don't worry! Us private Mainline schools are all guns ablazin'. Just had my first online classes today--and even a not wealthy kid who SEPTAs in by train every day from DE was able to make it just fine to our online meeting.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
A video of a typical mother and her children after three days of social distancing and self-isolation.

Note the child sneaking up from behind at 1:57.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Teachers at some Philadelphia schools had been offering optional remote instruction on their own before the edict went out; there was no formal program of instruction.

Really?
A teacher tries to help kids... offering optional remote instruction on their own... and that's a bad thing?
OMG
Shut down the public schools. Sell the buildings. Privatize them.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24180 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Sounds about right for the cesspool known as Philadelphia.

Who doesn't have internet access in the year 2020 in one form or another? This is complete horseshit but not surprising knowing who runs this city:

Roll Eyes

quote:

Philly teachers told to halt remote instruction due to equity concerns

Link

From what our local school district told us, this applies to the entire state of PA. Again, due to unequal access to online instruction. If the kids can't complete their school year, I don't know what will happen. Make it up over the summer? Just allow the number of days they've completed so far to be adequate?

Posts: 2337 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

UAW strikes again

I am no fan of the UAW, by any stretch. But in this case they arent wrong. The plant is thousands of people, working in close proximity, eating in close proximity. If this is so dangerous that all of the office and admin need to go home, why are the shop workers still working? This is either a major health crisis or it isnt

Yeah, I'm being selfish. Inventory is already low, especially HD's, all built in Flint. We may continue to get 1/2 tons, most built in Mexico. If the transporters shut down I'm really screwed

Frustrating after the shit UAW strike

BTW, 0% for 84 months on 1/2 tons is a smokin deal. Yes it's seven years, but who cares at 0%

Posts: 5353 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

Same here. I even drove down to Salt Lake today for a scheduled service to my wife's Tahoe. Damn earthquake screwed up those plans however so had to reschedule for Friday.

Oh no. Will you be able to make it through?

Posts: 2347 | Registered: October 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigwylde:

You got a problem, buddy?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

None at all. Just having fun with the willfully ignorant (that's you).

Posts: 2347 | Registered: October 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:

And how about the willfully dickeheaded? (that's you)

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday evening, my neighbor (recently retired from a pretty high position in computer tech with a neighboring public school system) pulled into my driveway, asked how I was doing, and stuck out his hand to shake. I smiled, offered my elbow, and said, "Remember, we're supposed to do it this way?"
He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "I'm not that politically correct."
Smh

Posts: 632 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is that really necessary?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Do you have any other point in posting recently other than to stir up shit? You're a bona fide troll. That's a sad, pathetic existence.

As far as I can tell, you post solely to act derogatory towards other members.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Not to mention he was supposed to respond with:

I'm not your buddy, pal!

Big Grin

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post