SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
No wonder Comey is so fucking quiet. By the time this is over, they"re going to just put barbwire around the entire beltway and call it another supermax.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
It just keeps getting better and better Razz

Just before an Iranian-American businessman was freed from jail in Iran in Oct. 2010, his son met with Bill Clinton and also made the first of what would become more than $1 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05...ease-from-iran-jail/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
It just keeps getting better and better Razz

Just before an Iranian-American businessman was freed from jail in Iran in Oct. 2010, his son met with Bill Clinton and also made the first of what would become more than $1 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation.
Somehow, I don't find that surprising.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw a CNN alert on my phone that her aides, including Huma, have been interviewed. Anybody have some insight? Of course the CNN article played it up as routine and blah blah...

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
yep.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/05/...nton-aide/index.html

First on CNN: FBI interviews Clinton aides including Huma Abedin as part of email probe

Some of Hillary Clinton's closest aides, including her longtime adviser Huma Abedin, have provided interviews to federal investigators, as the FBI probe into the security of her private email server nears completion, U.S. officials briefed on the investigation tell CNN. The investigation is still ongoing, but so far investigators haven't found evidence to prove that Clinton willfully violated the law the U.S. officials say.

In recent weeks, multiple aides have been interviewed -- some more than once, the officials said. A date for an FBI interview of Clinton has not been set, these officials said, but is expected in the coming weeks. Abedin has cooperated with the probe, the officials said. Lawyers for Abedin declined to comment. The officials say the interviews of Clinton and her aides would be a routine part of an investigation like this.

The probe remains focused on the security of the server and the handling of classified information and hasn't expanded to other matters, the officials said. Spokesmen for the FBI and Justice Department declined to comment. The Clinton campaign has not yet responded to CNN's request for comment. David Kendall, an attorney for Clinton, had no comment.
CNN has previously reported that another former Clinton employee, Bryan Pagliano, who helped set up the server has provided documents and other materials as well as interviews to the FBI, under an immunity agreement. FBI officials overseeing the probe now expect to complete their work in the next few weeks and then turn over the findings to the Justice Department, which will make a final decision on whether to bring charges against anyone. Prosecutors from the Justice Department's national security division and from the U.S. Attorney's office in Alexandria, Va., have helped coordinate the FBI probe, closely overseeing investigative steps, the U.S. officials say.

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
"The investigation is still ongoing, but so far investigators haven't found evidence to prove that Clinton willfully violated the law the U.S. officials say."

Says who? Assholes Roll Eyes

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
"The investigation is still ongoing, but so far investigators haven't found evidence to prove that Clinton willfully violated the law the U.S. officials say."

So.....setting up your own unsecured server to bypass the government security protocols, violating numerous laws along the way, then attempting to destroy incriminating emails is not "willful"? Do I have that right?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The CNN article sounds very optimistic for Clinton. I wonder who the source was.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/05/...nton-aide/index.html

In addition, this week, a notorious hacker awaiting trial claimed he infiltrated Clinton's server but law enforcement officials said the FBI investigation into Guccifer found no sign he got into the Clinton server according to law enforcement sources.

and

The probe remains focused on the security of the server and the handling of classified information and hasn't expanded to other matters, the officials said

A date for an FBI interview of Clinton has not been set, these officials said, but is expected in the coming weeks

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:

So.....setting up your own unsecured server to bypass the government security protocols, violating numerous laws along the way, then attempting to destroy incriminating emails is not "willful"? Do I have that right?

No...no...no, you have it all wrong. They surely don't have evidence to charge her because CNN would know about, right? I mean surely the FBI would run right over to the CNN news desk with the very first shred of evidence they collect......

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The whole "willful" thing is a load of crap. You are just as guilty if you compromise classed info accidentially or willfully. The law does not care which. At least for any of us.

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Here's the FOX report. No mention of "willful violations".

http://video.foxnews.com/v/488...hpvid1#sp=show-clips

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hillary Clinton To Face FBI Interview Within Weeks, CBS Reports

Hopefully this is not just some trick and pony show to look like due diligence is being done - maybe, just maybe a real indictment will be forthcoming?

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The whole "willful" thing is a load of crap. You are just as guilty if you compromise classed info accidentially or willfully. The law does not care which. At least for any of us.

BLUF: OCA may give her enough legal cover to avoid being indicted for the crime of compromising classified information. But that same argument might prevent her from becoming president too.

In her case, I predict H's defense will be that since the position of Secretary of State has Original Classifying Authority (OCA), she simply did not determine anything was classified, especially if anything coming to her wasn't marked classified to begin with. Anyone with a smidgen of training and moral character will know this defense is bullshit, but legally it might not be. Perhaps that is why she continues to spew "I never sent anything marked classified." The emails didn't arrive in her inbox appropriately marked, and since she has OCA her defense could be that she "didn't recognize anything as classified" when sending the emails. (I'm not defending her lack of competency or her non-existent moral character, but simply predicting her defense of the accusations.)

I also predict that it will be difficult to prove that she should have known certain pieces of information should have been classified. But that will also be perfect election fodder for Trump's team to make hay with. "If she cannot recognize classified material when she sees it, how can she be fit for the Presidency?"

That said, I highly doubt the OCA defense will work with Huma and the other minions caught up in this mess since they did not have OCA. They are about to be served shit sandwiches of epic proportions.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
especially if anything coming to her wasn't marked classified to begin with.

Big problem here; much of the TS information did not originate in State, Hillary exposed other Departments classified information and incidentally passed it along to unauthorized persons after her minions, including Huma had removed identifiers.
She is a dirty as they come.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Precisely.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
kind of frustrating that all of the thousands of federal govt security officers are staying quiet as the Dem politicians keep painting this as no big deal.

Sad that fear of political retaliation keeps them silenced. What has our country come to ?

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eh, cases get blown by feds with big mouths. I think it's a mistake to assume that the silence is the product of fear of political retaliation.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
kind of frustrating that all of the thousands of federal govt security officers are staying quiet as the Dem politicians keep painting this as no big deal.

Sad that fear of political retaliation keeps them silenced. What has our country come to ?

I had some contact with FBI agents on some cases years ago in my former life. When I asked them questions, they said the FBI is an organization that gathers information, but rarely ever gives any out.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Let me clarify. I am not talking about the FBI.

Every federal agency / facility that handles classified material has a significant team of dedicated security officers. Every one of them knows that Clinton has been lying her ass off about what procedures have been in place for decades.

Just one example is the non-issue of whether the material is marked or not. Another issue is the use of private email. Another is the significance of 2200 classified documents. And another is the fact that indeed people w/o clearances had access & control of classified material.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Let me clarify. I am not talking about the FBI.

Every federal agency / facility that handles classified material has a significant team of dedicated security officers. Every one of them knows that Clinton has been lying her ass off about what procedures have been in place for decades.

Just one example is the non-issue of whether the material is marked or not. Another issue is the use of private email. Another is the significance of 2200 classified documents. And another is the fact that indeed people w/o clearances had access & control of classified material.

I get it. Thanks.

It is almost impossible to be fired from a federal job. Mere incompetence won't do it. Lying and cheating sometimes doesn't work. Mouthing off about something like this, criticizing the big bosses, showing them to be crooked buffoons or worse, almost surely will, and what happens if you do and then the Attorney General comes out and says, "ain't no big deal!"

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post