SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ron DeSantis will take control of Disney's Reedy Creek board
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ron DeSantis will take control of Disney's Reedy Creek board Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Maybe Governor Ron can convince the FAA to remove the TFR (TEMPORARY Flight Restriction) over the Disney area. You know, the "temporary" one that has been there for many years. Ten? Twenty? More?

Why should a company like Disney be able to carve out a chunk of airspace and make it non-navigable for those who want to transit the area, and force people to add extra time and miles to a trip? Let's see, seven bucks / gallon, fifteen gallons / hour, and fuel is just the tip of the iceberg when calculating hourly operating costs.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Let’s not forget that a large chunk of Disney’s woes is that they simply paid way too much for the entire Star Wars franchise which they are rapidly destroying as we speak. Roll Eyes

The Wokeness is killing them too

Posts: 33749 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^I'm pretty sure that the majority of the Disney's customer base isn't pissed off and abandoning them in droves because they paid too much for Star Wars! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^I'm pretty sure that the majority of the Disney's customer base isn't pissed off and abandoning them in droves because they paid too much for Star Wars!

I think the idea is that they spent a buttload on SW, but they haven't been able to make it back as quickly as possible because of all the woke crap they did to it while destroying the brand for even loyal fans of the franchise.

Granted, Star Wars is far from Citizen Kane or Casablanca, but the last two sequel movies were crap (while the 'Solo' movie was also a major let-down). Of the live action series (Mandalorian, Obi Wan, Boba Fett, and Andor), only Mando and Andor are any good, while the other two are absolute garbage. I'm sure SW is making didney worl a LOT of money right now, but I would bet it is less than predicted. Disney sunk a lot of capital in purchasing that golden goose, but it likely isn't laying those eggs fast enough. . .

And for all those who say Disney can simply move - "Moving" Disney is a practical impossibility. It would cost billions of dollars to rebuild the place even in a backwater swamp somewhere (which is what they did originally) or in the desert like they did with Vegas. There is no way they could do that and remain financially viable. Disney is essentially a large city with an immense infrastructure - there is a reason they were operating like they were their own separate county or township up to now. All those people crying about 'moving Disney' are probably the same people who said they would move to Canada if Bush II/Trump/etc got elected, and we've seen how true those claims were.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I’d rather watch the 1978 Star Wars Holiday Special than sit through the woke crap streaming on Disney+.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8212 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob Iger should have stayed away from Disney. His reputation was intact when he left, at least amoung Democrats. Now he's about to get trashed and will wish he was running Planet Hollywood in Manila (yes they have one there).

He's reinstating a small dividend for the stock, whacking 7k folks, slashing $5B in costs, doing an overdue reorg and hoping its got a streaming strategy. But its not enough. This stock is dead money until it comes out of the Wilderness. Perhaps Disney can talk to Amazon (another dead money stock) about a merger and become even worse, together.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
DeSantis is the Republican the nation needs in the White House.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1550 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn’t insinuating you were lying I was saying you didn’t do anything other than very basic research. After your post I went directly to southwest.com and priced tickets. They were under 400 apiece all in, taxes, free bags, etc. just like I stated in that thread. Cherry picking high prices isn’t telling the whole story. Just like here. There is no 230 a day per person ticket to the Magic Kingdom.

People repeating false information helps no one. No one. Calling one airline and stating that’s the cost to fly isn’t even attempting to get legitimate information. That’s all I’m saying. 800 dollars wasn’t the going rate, it was just one cherry picked rate when there were many cheaper and 230 bucks isn’t what Disney costs.

Shits expensive nowadays. Making it seem worse than it actually is counter productive to real conversations.

No disrespect intended.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^ You are correct.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Oh FFS…they are doubling down!

Just told the wife that we should cancel the tickets for Magic Kingdom next week and just do another day at Universal.

Screw these people Mad

Posts: 33749 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yikes. If that isn’t a spoof they have lost their mind.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Nelson Peltz ends his fight for seat on Disney's board

“Activist investor billionaire Nelson Peltz declared his proxy fight with Disney over on Thursday morning after the entertainment giant revealed it would cut billions of dollars in costs along with 7,000 jobs.

Accompanying Peltz's announcement was a statement from current CEO Bob Iger, 71, that he will step down in two years.

Thursday morning, Peltz, 80, told CNBC's 'Squawk on the Street' that 'Disney plans to do everything we wanted them to do,' calling the ending of his activist battle a 'great win.'

'We wish the very best to Bob [Iger], this management team and the board. We will be watching. We will be rooting,' said Peltz, who runs Trian Fund Management. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/11732523

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8919 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
quote:

^^^ You are correct.

I disagree. DeSantis is the Republican that the nation needs holding the line in Florida and helping turn a state with 30 electoral votes even more reliably red, appointing conservative judges, and holding local officials accountable.

I'd be happy to see him the White House, but his actions in Florida serve the bigger cause.

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Nobody needs to worry on this one...DeSantis will get his shot at the White House soon enough, preferably in 2028 IMO. And just so nobody is under ANY illusions, when he does, the Establishment/Legacy Media/Deep State/Uni-Party/Leftists will hate and demonize him just as much as they did Trump!

I'll even take it a step further and predict that they'll weaponize any & all forces within their control, both inside and outside the .gov against him, in an attempt to destroy him!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:

This is a great dream but keep in mind that the reason he is so effective at pushing the line back is because both state houses and the high court are on his side. Each time he says whatever he wants to do BAMM! There is legislation on his desk a week later waiting to be signed.

He will be the Republican candidate for president when he decides to run but without a RINO free majority in both the senate and the house his effectiveness will be disappointing. There are a few other strong conservatives who would be good presidents if they had the same tools he would need. This is why I would rather see him in the senate. Imagine a country where there is a Republican controlled senate with DeSantis at the helm.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3847 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You think a single Senator would be more effective than a sitting President?

A Senator nowadays doesn't have near the power that he used to. They don't even write laws anymore. And Senate majority leader? Now who's dreaming?

No, if DeSantis wants to help change the culture and direction of this country, he will need to govern. And eventually that will mean being President of the United States.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
^^^^100%

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, if DeSantis wants to help change the culture and direction of this country, he will need to govern. And eventually that will mean being President of the United States.

eventually ...
He has people on the ground in Iowa, but I hope an ugly clash with Trump can be avoided in 2024.
I don't think Trump will bow out, and I don't think DeSantis rally wants that fight. He'd be smart to wait 4 years.
If something happens to Trump, DeSantis is the guy. But... we will see.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24044 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ron DeSantis is a savvy politician.

Donald Trump is running for POTUS. Do you think Desantis would give up his very effective governorship of one of the largest states to run against a vicious opponent like Donald Trump? Forget about the difficulties of an uphill battle. Do you think Ron DeSantis is going to divide the conservative vote?

Mark my word- Ron DeSantis may run for POTUS, but it would be 2028, not 2024.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

eventually ...

Yes. It doesn't have to be 2024.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post