SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ron DeSantis will take control of Disney's Reedy Creek board
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ron DeSantis will take control of Disney's Reedy Creek board Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

None of this is hidden and Florida, at least central Florida, was merely a lot of waterways, orange farms a handful of odd zoos and military bases.

It was a better world.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I’m sure Disney will just raise prices yet again

We are headed to Orlando next week for a day at Magic Kingdom and a couple days at Universal, we wanted our children to have one more chance to see Disney before we are done with all the wokery and bullshit. Ticket prices for Disney are astonishingly high right now, way more than when we went in 2019. Confused

Why/How are you not done with it all yet? How can you justify giving Disney ANY of your money at this point? Depending on the age(s) of your kids, it 'could' even be a valuable teaching/learning opportunity for them. Seriously, spend all your money and time at Universal, maybe head over to Kennedy Space Center or Sea World for a day. EVERYONE in your family will be better off for it! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What V Tail said. People quote bullshit prices. It happened on the airline thread. 800 bucks for one person! I took 1 minute to check myself and found sub 400 dollar airfare all day. You have to at least attempt to find a better price.

I live in Florida. My wife and I hate the Disney politics but we have always enjoyed the parks. We bought the resident pass (it has some blackouts that don’t bother us at all) and it cost us 399 apiece. We saved money on the first trip and we sometimes just go to enjoy the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot.

Long ago I made a decision. I could enjoy shit I like or I could boycott everything that I don’t agree with politically. I stay away from some stuff, ignore some stuff, and buy some stuff that’s made in China. I hold my nose but it’s better than being miserable all the time. To each their own.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$230 a pop to get in the door ? Lol. X4 ? Plus food and lodging etc. nope

And I know some Disney obsessives that go a few times a year. I last went about 40 years. I’m good for the next 40.

I have always had issues with municipalities giving land or tax break deals for sportball teams to build a stadium or chip maker to build a plant or whatever.

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
$230 a pop to get in the door ?

Ummm... like V-Tail said, no.

WDW's ticket pricing is variable based on date and there are some tricks you can play based on your start date for multi-day tickets (which doesn't have to be your actual start date and can help knock a few bucks off the per-day average price if you know how), but the bottom line is that current ticket prices, right now, range from a low of $60/day for a 10-day ticket to a high of $114/day for a 3 or 4-day ticket.

That's hardly $230. Powers77 is doing something wrong.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For fucks sake guys quit quoting bullshit prices. We all say we hate the internet for the bad info that is spread and you guys are doing it. A quick internet search instead of just parroting the guy who is spreading bullshit will tell you the truth.

IT DOES NOT COST 230 DOLLARS JUST TO GET IN THE DOOR. Fuck, do a minimum of research before you keep spouting off these lies. The tickets start at half of that number, actually less. To get to 230 it is a ticket and then a couple add on’s that Disney sells. Park Hopper, EZ Pass (they don’t call it that anymore but same idea), special events, etc. You don’t need any of that if you don’t want it.

The internet and us are part of the problem if we tell lies to make it a better story. Just stop. Research a tiny bit. Oh, it doesn’t actually cost that unless I cherry pick pretty big fucking details to make my story sound more legit. FYI, if you think Disney is expensive (the real prices) then don’t even think of going to Universal Studios to see Hogwarts. It’s way more expensive than Disney.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For some perspective....one-day ticket for March 4th, booked online (parking not included)
Magic Kingdom $180
EPCOT $170
Hollywood Studio's $175
Animal Kingdom $160

Lift tickets for 1-day adult on March 4th booked online (parking not included)
Palisades Tahoe (Squaw Valley)- $256
Whistler Blackcomb - $125
Aspen Snowmass - $224
Jackson Hole - $204
Deer Valley - $229
Stratton - $189
Tremblant - $119

Other locations one-day tickets (parking not inlcd.)
Universal Orlando - $109/park
Cedar Point - $45
Legoland Florida - $94
Dollywood - $89
Kennedy Space Center - $80
Johnson Space Center - $30
American Museum of Natural History (NYC) - $28
National WWII Museum (NOLA) - $38
Yellowstone National Park - $35/1-vehicle

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you give even one single cent to Disney Corp (who hates your guts. HATES you), you are contributing to the problem.

Oh, you want to give your kids a magical experience? Then, take them someplace natural and wonderful, and not to a plasticky nightmare which is doing everything in its power to turn all children into racist radicals. For you white parents, they are trying to make your kids into being ashamed of their very selves and make them self-loathing.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whistler Blackcomb - $125 Lift Ticket

Now THAT'S where I want to go...By comparison, an Awesome DEAL right there! Cool

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If you give even one single cent to Disney Corp (who hates your guts. HATES you), you are contributing to the problem.

Oh, you want to give your kids a magical experience? Then, take them someplace natural and wonderful, and not to a plasticky nightmare which is doing everything in its power to turn all children into racist radicals. For you white parents, they are trying to make your kids into being ashamed of their very selves and make them self-loathing.

This in spades- people may not support Disney politics, but by giving them your money, you are helping to further them. Fuck Disney.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:

Price of a general admission ticket is now $230. Unfreaking believable to me.
I found that hard to believe, so I checked the Disney website and I'm seeing admission prices for half of that, or less.

Maybe your cousin is quoting the admission price for a couple of people?

Or the website is misleading?

He was specific that it was per person. Might have been the dates they were there? If he got the price from his daughter that could also explain it. She has a very loose association with the truth at times.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I love what Disney was. Walt Disney is right near the top of the list of people throughout history I'd like to have met. I've spent many happy days at the parks in both Anaheim and Orlando. They have been one of my happy places for two decades.

Seeing what the company has become saddens me. I don't know if it will ever be possible to return to what it was, but if so it's going to take a lot of pain as a result of the decisions they've been making.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
What V Tail said. People quote bullshit prices. It happened on the airline thread. 800 bucks for one person!

Ummm. That was me and I don’t appreciate you insinuating that I’m lying Roll Eyes

Both my wife and her father called American Airlines directly and were quoted $700-$800 per person for the dates they wanted for a direct flight from Philadelphia to Orlando and back again. We aren’t going on some shit airline like Spirit and having multiple connections with little kids.

And I just checked on what she paid for our one day at Disney per person, it was $200 before any add-ons.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Disney just announced it is slashing 7000 jobs. I wonder if any are coming form Reedy Creek as part of the take over.
The story just broke and there is not a lot of info as of right now. Remember Disney is more than just Disney world in Florida.

Link
https://www.foxbusiness.com/ma...y-to-slash-7000-jobs

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Aside from the Disney woke aspect of this, I hate the practice of government giving these big tax breaks to large corporations. Those laws should apply equally to large and small.
Corporations go around shopping for these benefits, shopping one jurisdiction against others and the location that gets the business claim all the jobs created. All it does is make everyone else in the county, state city, pay more to offset the loss.

I don’t care for the practice any more than you do, but any sensible business will negotiate the best deal they can. It stands to reason that the sole proprietor who employs no one other than themself will have less negotiating power than the company that is going to bring 1000 well paying jobs to the area. Ditto the fellow who just details cars for folks who are already in the area having less negotiating power than the company that plans to attract a lot of tourists who will need hotel rooms (bed tax), restaurants (sales tax), etc.
IFF (If and only if) the government negotiators have a clue, there should be a net economic gain. It is certainly possible that the politicians or bureaucrats making the deal fail to consider or underestimate the additional costs of the economic development (potentially more police and fire services needed, etc) and/or overestimate the economic benefits of the development, but that isn’t a given.

When AOC took up the torch and “kept Amazon from building in New York” everyone was clear that this political win was at a big economic cost to the city.
quote:
If we added up all the politicians claims of economic benefit from these give-a ways, we wouldn't be paying property taxes, they'd be writing us a check.

That might be a bit of an exaggeration. Smile. I’d like to see a system where with any of these kinds of deals the potential costs and benefits are studied and clearly documented. Once the development is in, the study is reviewed and reality is compared to the projections. Politicians and bureaucrats are held to account for discrepancies.

This doesn’t even consider the quality of life claims from those who liked things just fine the way they were and didn’t want any development. I call these folks the FYIGM crowd. Sometimes I feel that way about things, but I believe that one ought to be able to pretty much what they’d like with their property. It doesn’t work that way, but it should be a lot closer to that way than the way it is now, at least around here.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
PASig-Is that $200 per ticket a single park or park hopper ticket?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
more on the cuts

https://www.breitbart.com/ente...rofitability-crisis/

The Walt Disney Co. is eliminating 7,000 jobs worldwide, or more than 3 percent of its workforce, as CEO Bob Iger aims to slash a stunning $5.5 billion in spending in an attempt to save the once formidable company.

Bob Iger announced the cuts Wednesday during Disney’s first quarter earnings report, saying it was not an easy decision to make. “I have enormous respect and appreciation for the dedication of our employees worldwide,” he said. “While this is necessary to address the challenges we face today, I do not make this decision lightly.”

Disney employs around 220,000 people worldwide, meaning the layoffs will impact 3.2 percent of the company. The layoffs are expected to hit U.S. employees the hardest, with the “DMED” team — or Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution — bearing the brunt of the cuts.

DMED encompasses Disney’s streaming initiatives, including the Disney+ streaming service. In November, Disney reported that its streaming services lost a mindboggling $1.5 billion in the fourth quarter alone as the company attempted to spend its way to streaming dominance.

Disney’s layoffs are part of a larger media industry bloodbath that has seen competitors including Warner Bros. Discovery, Paramount Global, and Netflix slash their headcount in the face of a weak consumer sentiment brought on by runaway inflation and the prospect of a prolonged economy under President Joe Biden.

The layoffs also come after a disastrous 2022 that saw Disney stock plummet 44 percent — its worst year in nearly five decades. Former CEO Bob Chapek was abruptly fired in November on the heels of the last quarterly report.

Disney’s financial woes come as the company increasingly embraces transgenderism, critical race theory, and other forms of woke politics in its entertainment aimed at children.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
PASig-Is that $200 per ticket a single park or park hopper ticket?

One day ticket for the Magic Kingdom

I think we paid around $120 in 2019

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
HA HA Disney, suck a dick! See what happens when you go woke there DMED? As was mentioned earlier though, the wrong ones will probably be fired...oh well. I'll enjoy watching the fallout nonetheless.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Here's a couple of things that bear repeating...

quote:
In November, Disney reported that its streaming services lost a mindboggling $1.5 billion in the fourth quarter alone as the company attempted to spend its way to streaming dominance.

Disney’s financial woes come as the company increasingly embraces transgenderism, critical race theory, and other forms of woke politics in its entertainment aimed at children.

https://www.breitbart.com/ente...rofitability-crisis/

As Disney is seemingly promoting, supporting, and potentially facilitating the sexualization of children, AND the indoctrination of children into deviant lifestyles, it's beyond comprehension how ANY parent would spend ANY money with Disney at this point...Period.

Live Free or Die!