SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 620
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
What is the White House preparing for?
Maybe all 84 million of those folks who voted for Biden coming to party at the White House? A truly loved or respected leader doesn't need walls between them and their constituents.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Say it ain't so....

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Great comment on the you tube video page

"When the hoods and the woods unite we are unstoppable"

assume its a reference to urban neighborhoods (i.e. black people) and the rural dwellers, (i.e. white people)

quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Here we go...

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P6mJBNStw4s" title="YouTube video player" width="1280"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Just navigating YouTube on the prowl for news.....real news.
A ton of these videos are popping up. youtube seems terrified to address them.. Racism and all.

Most don't like this music, but the existence of it says people of all types are sick of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPhdpk5Rd6A

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Senator Sinema (D) today:

""I strongly support and will continue to vote for ... the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis" voting bill

but "there's no need for me to restate my support for the 60-vote threshold"

Sinema calls this week's "harried discussions" on Senate rules a poor substitute for a longer debate that could have taken place over the past few months

Says filibuster "ensures that millions of Americans represented by the minority party have a voice"

"Eliminating the 60-vote threshold on a party line with the thinnest of possible majorities to pass these bills that I support will not guarantee that we prevent demagogues from winning office," she says. Calls filibuster "critical tool" for safeguarding democracy

Sinema says she shares "the disappointment of many" that Republicans won't support elections reform. Says she's disappointed Democrats aren't trying harder to work with Republicans.

MANCHIN just now on Sinema’s speech: “Very good. Excellent speech."

adding:

Manchin (today):

"Allowing one party to exert complete control in the Senate with only a simple majority will only pour fuel onto the fire of political whiplash...As such, and as I have said many times before, I will not vote to eliminate or weaken the filibuster."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Oh no the guy we supported is such a disappointment

Biden has ALWAYS been an inflammatory ASSHOLE Roll Eyes

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is the beginning of their efforts to break the news to the faithful that Joe is a one term president, if even that. They know he can't win re-election and they want someone else anyway. After the midterms, they'll be saying these things more openly.

Posts: 107255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Deep Thoughts with Jack Handey...er, Kamala Harris.

Interviewer: "Is it time" for the Biden admin to change strategy?

Kamala Harris: "It is time for us to do what we have been doing and that time is every day. Every day it is time for us to agree that there are things and tools that are available to us to slow this thing down.”

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://asiatimes.com/2022/01/...-huge-underestimate/

Worst US inflation since ’82 is huge underestimate

the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for shelter reported Jan. 12 by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics showed an increase of just 4.2 % over the past year.

Private surveys conducted by the big rental sites, Zillow and Apartmentlist.com, show increases of 13% to 18% during 2021, and the Case-Shiller Index of US home prices jumped 18% in the year through October.

Shelter accounts for about a third of American household expenditure

There’s no sign of relief in cost pressures on business. Transport costs have been rising at an annual rate of 30% to 50% for most of the past year.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A very bad week for Joe Biden. A very good week for the American people.

- Senator Tom Cotton
Ingraham Angle, 13 January 2022

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:

- Senator Tom Cotton

Joe Biden's last 24 hours:

—OSHA Mandate struck down
—Democrats’ Election Bill dead
—Filibuster survives the Senate
—33% approval in Quinnipiac poll
—Inflation hits a 40-year high

Chris Stigall

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:

- Senator Tom Cotton

Joe Biden's last 24 hours:

—OSHA Mandate struck down
—Democrats’ Election Bill dead
—Filibuster survives the Senate
—33% approval in Quinnipiac poll
—Inflation hits a 40-year high

Chris Stigall

I wonder if they've told Joe about any of this yet.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to hear China Joe try to pronounce filibuster and Quinnipiac.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I would love to hear China Joe try to pronounce filibuster and Quinnipiac.

He could probably pronounce them, but using the words coherently in a sentence is another matter.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
:
Interviewer: "Is it time" for the Biden admin to change strategy?

Kamala Harris: "It is time for us to do what we have been doing and that time is every day. Every day it is time for us to agree that there are things and tools that are available to us to slow this thing down.”

Forty-three words, for what started as a yes/no question -- and still not an answer. Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God help us!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Wall Street Journal suggests that Harris should ditch Biden and run for President in 2024. She would "Unify the country, ensure American prosperity", etc..

https://www.wsj.com/articles/t...en-loose-11642091480

Have they totally taken leave of their senses? Who could possibly believe this shit?

Posts: 763 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NOCkid:
The Wall Street Journal suggests that Harris should ditch Biden and run for President in 2024. She would "Unify the country, ensure American prosperity, etc..

Have they totally taken leave of their senses? Who could possibly believe this shit?

I can’t believe I’m quoting John Oliver but,
“Do it! Look at me! Do it!”

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Saw that too.

Its an opinion piece.

However much I'd like to see the continued death spiral of the "Sleepy Joe and the Ho" regime, shes not stupid enough to fail to understand how stupid she is, and that she would never make it on her own.

She tried on her own back in 2019 and she was one of the first to hit the eject button, and she hit it early enough as to be unlikely she did it at the bidding of the D party show runners for future tit for tat. She ran out of ideas and steam and money and energy, and probably people (judging by the mass exodus from her VP staff since 20 Jan 2021)

quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
The Wall Street Journal suggests that Harris should ditch Biden and run for President in 2024. She would "Unify the country, ensure American prosperity, etc..

I can’t believe I’m quoting John Oliver but,
“Do it! Look at me! Do it!”

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yep, epic trolling, print media style.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Wall Street Journal suggests that Harris should ditch Biden and run for President in 2024.

I’m not going to accuse the entire paper and editorial staff of endorsing what one of its contributors offers up for consideration. Nor am I willing at this point to think that the author actually believes that Harris is the least bit capable of following his advice. In fact, I suspect that rather than being a sincere attempt to help her political career, it’s really a subtle way of pointing out what she lacks in intellect and judgment, and her inability to accomplish anything of note. It’s sort of like sending an obese colleague that we don’t like very much an advertisement for the “Lose 47 pounds in six weeks” method and asking her to join the company team to compete in the half marathon to be held in a couple of months: “I know you can do it, Jane.”

At this point it wouldn’t do her any good in the public eye to say something like, “No, Joe, I don’t work for you, and you don’t get to assign me tasks like solving the border crisis. That’s one of your jobs; do it and I’ll do mine.” Even though that and some of the other suggestions would improve some voters’ view of her, many others would view it as a betrayal of Biden and therefore the entire Democrat agenda, and rightly so. Although even if she could do the things the article recommends, they wouldn’t make her friends within her party, and we’ve seen how that works out for candidates for high office. (How ya doin’ these days, Bern?)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post