SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Has anyone else seen their local supermarkets this weekend?

Something is definitely up, my wife was at our local Giant supermarket Sunday and she said she never saw anything like it; meat aisle: BARE. Produce: BARE. Whole sections of the store absolutely BARE

A friend was at our local Wegmans supermarket and saw the same exact thing; the entire produce department (which at Wegmans is huge) was absolutely EMPTY.

WTAF?

Saw this tweet tonight:

quote:

Benny
@bennyjohnson
#BareShelvesBiden is Trending

Link

Anyone else seeing this or is this a local issue?

Yep, my Wegman's shelves were picked clean yesterday and today.

Very few dairy products to speak of, produce was close to gone, chips, etc. were gone (like NO crackers...of any sort), frozen pasta type stuff also gone. Some stuff was well stocked, but a lot of more staple stuff was bare. There was a good stock of meats, though.

Cold medicines were entirely picked over cause of the 'cron, of course.

It's not quite as bad as during the depths of the Wu-flu, but way, way worse than it's been in months. Shortages started last weekend.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You want shortages to become substantially worse as we move towards the Fall of this year. I cannot overemphasize this. When you go to the store and see empty shelves, smile. You wiped your ass with an old sock for months in 2020 and you survived it.

You should hope that this gets much worse, and come November, we're going to wreck the Dems.

Here's a taste of what's coming:

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
And we all know the reason why he's being hidden away from the press (who incidentally are starting to get pissed off about this, so watch for them to turn on him soon), even his 9 phony, prescripted "press conferences" were nothing like any of his predecessors actual press conferences:

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.politico.com/news/...sanders-msnbc-526824

Vice President Kamala Harris’ former top spokesperson has only been off the job for less than two weeks, but already she’s got her next major gig lined up.

MSNBC announced on Monday that former press secretary Symone Sanders is joining the network as the host of both a weekend program and a show airing on MSNBC's The Choice on Peacock.

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by parabellum:
You want shortages to become substantially worse as we move towards the Fall of this year. I cannot overemphasize this. When you go to the store and see empty shelves, smile. You wiped your ass with an old sock for months in 2020 and you survived it.

You should hope that this gets much worse, and come November, we're going to wreck the Dems.

Para in your area of the country absolutely, but here in the bluest of blue, we will get to government assigned food rations, vaccine papers to buy food and goods, with an increase in taxes to fund the agency dictating the mandates and the enlightened progressive Democrat intellectuals here will vote for somebody who makes the Potatus look like Ronald Regan, over a moderate Republican or a middle of the road Democrat, if such an anomaly exists. Massachusetts will not have a Republican of any power in our Federal or State elected in the foreseeable feature, and probably won’t see a white, heterosexual, conservative Christian male for the rest of this century. Not being defeatist just going by the numbers and how they vote here, for some us the financial hardships, losses of business and worth are too hard or too much to leave.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
...for some us the financial hardships, losses of business and worth are too hard or too much to leave.

Excluding certain 'Blue States', the cost of living is lower pretty much everywhere else. I fail to understand the financial hardship/loss of worth you're concerned with.

Staying in Mass is a choice....Leaving is also a choice, and probably a good one!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Vice President Kamala Harris’ former top spokesperson has only been off the job for less than two weeks, but already she’s got her next major gig lined up.

MSNBC announced on Monday that former press secretary Symone Sanders is joining the network as the host of both a weekend program and a show airing on MSNBC's The Choice on Peacock.

What a shock. Roll Eyes

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Symone"

{bites tongue} Roll Eyes

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Shortages are our friends. Embrace the absence.

And inflation s good because, you know, it means everyone is getting paid more.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Have you missed my point entirely, or are you just being sarcastic?

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

So to summarize, MSLSD swapped out one black, female, mentally challenged, racist, moron for another black, female, mentally challenged, racist, moron. Good luck with that. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I just saw a new hashtag for Biden - #BareShelvesBiden.
Pretty appropriate.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
...for some us the financial hardships, losses of business and worth are too hard or too much to leave.

Excluding certain 'Blue States', the cost of living is lower pretty much everywhere else. I fail to understand the financial hardship/loss of worth you're concerned with.

Staying in Mass is a choice....Leaving is also a choice, and probably a good one!

Established in a field, and then having to start from scratch, is very hard after 50.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, LS1 GTO?

Is this "Give Para a Ration of Shit Day"?

It's not on my calendar.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Have you missed my point entirely, or are you just being sarcastic?

Sarcastic

Plus, giving a person I have never shook hands with and / or had a beer a ration of shit is never on my calendar.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, you appear to have missed my point entirely. I don't know how I could have been any clearer. The party in power at election time when stuff like this is going on- inflation, shortages, etc.- gets kicked out.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Missed it in plain sight, I did.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden and Harris to give a speech today near Atlanta to push for SB1 which is a bill to federalize elections. Several progressive groups aren't going to attend, including Stacey Abrams.

https://hotair.com/ed-morrisse...ams-awol-too-n440669

several leading voting rights and civil rights groups are pointedly skipping the speech, protesting what they denounced as months of frustrating inaction by the White House — which they said showed that Mr. Biden did not view Republican attacks on voting rights with sufficient urgency.

“We do not need any more speeches, we don’t need any more platitudes,” said James Woodall, former president of the N.A.A.C.P. of Georgia. “We don’t need any more photo ops. We need action, and that actually is in the form of the John Lewis Voting Rights Act, as well as the Freedom to Vote Act — and we need that immediately.”

Exasperation among voting rights groups has been building for months, as 19 states passed 34 new laws creating new restrictions on voting. One of the most sweeping new laws was signed in Georgia nearly 10 months ago.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"new restrictions on voting" = making it harder for DEMs to cheat

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

One bill introduced by Democrats, the Freedom to Vote Act, would, among other provisions, take the teeth out of state-led efforts to restrict mail-in or absentee voting, make Election Day a holiday, and stop state legislators from redrawing districts in a way that advocates say denies representation to minority voters

Chuck Schumer, Democrat of New York and the majority leader, said Republicans could have until Monday, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, to drop their opposition to debate and votes on the issue, or face the prospect of overhauling filibuster rules.

Many Democrats say such a carve-out would apply only to issues grounded in constitutional rights such as voting. But Republicans and others say it would inevitably be extended to other legislation, diminishing the overall power of the filibuster.

Biden will lean on the power of symbolism when he travels to Georgia. He and Ms. Harris will visit the crypt of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and his wife, Coretta Scott King. They will visit the historic Ebenezer Baptist Church, where both Dr. King and Mr. Lewis, the Georgia congressman and civil rights icon for whom the legislation is named, were eulogized. Senator Raphael Warnock, the state’s first Black senator and a Democrat who is seeking a full term this year after a runoff victory, is a senior pastor there.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/0...-voting-rights.html?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DEMs milk "making it easy for blacks to vote" to enable mass voter cheating

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here we go...