SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
From Fox news...

Purge begins in 2020 Democratic race as cash dries up and debate rules tighten

Ten candidates have already qualified to make the stage for the third and fourth debates. They are:
    Former Vice President Joe Biden;
    Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey;
    South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg;
    Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro;
    Sen. Kamala Harris of California;
    Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota;
    Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke of Texas (I wish that sunuvabitch would dry up and blow south to Meheeko);
    Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont;
    Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts;
    Tech entrepreneur Andrew Yang

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...debate-rules-tighten

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think this guy has it right.

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden on illegal aliens:

“And these kids who come, and they end up doing well, they become Americans before a lot of Americans become Americans ... I’m serious”

https://hotair.com/archives/ed...ster-americans-know/

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Either it's yet another gaffe or Biden is calling for banning all guns that use magazines.

https://www.washingtontimes.co...an-hold-multiple-bu/

Joe Biden makes extreme gun-control push -- or another gaffe

Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden either called for the banning of most handguns or displayed basic misunderstanding of the simplest of firearms terminology.

Campaigning Monday in Iowa, Mr. Biden demanded the elimination of “magazines that can hold multiple bullets in them,” calling such a ban so obvious that only ill motive could explain it.

“The idea that we don’t have elimination of assault-type weapons magazines that can hold multiple bullets in them is absolutely mindless. It is no violation of the 2nd Amendment. It’s just a bow to the special interests of the gun manufacturers and the NRA,” he said at a Labor Day picnic in Cedar Rapids.

The phrase “magazines that can hold multiple bullets” raised eyebrows, though. Ryan Saavedra of the Daily Wire explained why, while posted the clip.

“Joe Biden makes the most extreme gun-control push of all the 2020 Democrat presidential candidates: Biden calls for banning ‘magazines that can hold multiple bullets in them.’ All magazines hold ‘multiple bullets,’ that’s the point. This call from Biden would ban most handguns,” Mr. Saavedra wrote.

With the exception of old-fashioned revolvers, whose basic design concept has remained unchanged since the six-shooters of the Old West, modern-design handguns store multiple bullets in magazines.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Time to call it a day (career) Joe. You're losing it.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Time to call it a day (career) Joe. You're losing it.

He lost it 7-8 years ago, at least.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This was all decided in D.C. vs. Heller and US vs. Miller.

Furthermore, the Second Amendment does not grant citizens the right to keep and bear arms. The Second Amendment acknowledges and affirms a right which exists exclusive of the Constitution and says that this right shall not be infringed.

The wording of the amendment reveals this quite clearly.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

It does not say "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the people shall be granted the right to keep and bear arms."

It says that this right, which already exists, shall not be infinged upon.

I'm sick of this stinking horse shit. If you do not accept the Constitution of the United states in its entirety and without fallacious interpretation, then you are not an American, no matter where you were born. You may be a citizen of this great nation, but unless you accept the Constitution, you are simply not an American. You cannot be.

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Suck it Joe, you senile old coot.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You know the other idiots will now have to step up their gun control claims to keep up with creepy Uncle Joe.

You know they are all in competition to out-commie one another.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
You know the other idiots will now have to step up their gun control claims to keep up with creepy Uncle Joe.

O'Dork already has, with a proposal for the mandatory sale of all semi-automatic firearms to the federal government.

quote:
https://www.dailywire.com:

< snip >

Robert Francis O’Rourke announces that if he's elected he is going to confiscate your guns:

Reporter: How do you address fears that the government is going to confiscate people's semi-auto firearms?

O’Rourke: “I want to be really clear, that’s exactly what we are going to do”

< snip >

ROSAL

I think there is another fundamental error in how people read the Second Amendment.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The words "of a free state" are most often thought to be describing a geopolitical entity such as the Commonwealth of Virginia.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free geopolitical entity, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I have been pondering whether it means a state of being free, i.e., freedom.

If you replace the words it would read:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of freedom, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

It makes sense, the idea that "a free State," attaches to a "the people," when the whole document is about ensuring individual freedom.

I'll need to reread Heller to see of Justice Scalia had anything to say about this.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31444 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

O'Dork already has, with a proposal for the mandatory sale of all semi-automatic firearms to the federal government.

To buy and to sell are free market concepts with free will among participants. O'Roarke's little commie plan is confiscation. It's not even a gun buyback, which involves free will. He's a little punk, a lily white Obama

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16702 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The more they say they will confiscate the better it is for us.
They will only strengthen our resolve.
So go ahead dems - go for it!

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Yup - bring that shit, bitches.

posted Hide Post
Even bolt-action rifles have magazines that hold multiple cartridges in them, some "blind," some bottom hinged, some even....detachable!! Eek

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All Senile Joe wants us to have is double barrel shotguns. Until someone commits a crime with one, then they'd be gone too.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

I mean, yeah, seriously. Is anyone really scared of these clowns? Just listen to these idiots. When that retard rourke says stuff like that, it doesn't scare me; it actually makes me laugh. Dork indeed.

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
All Senile Joe wants us to have is double barrel shotguns. Until someone commits a crime with one, then they'd be gone too.

Yeah, where's that gif of ol' Joe blasting away with both barrels?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
LOL, cool story Joe.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
O’Dorke... there’s a reason he’s polling around 2.4. What a loser.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but Francis does not currently hold any elected position correct?

And as for 'Ol Joe, I do not now nor will I ever have anything for sale during his "buyback". I'll keep everything just the same, thanks for asking.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
O’Dorke... there’s a reason he’s polling around 2.4. What a loser.
I read Beeto's comments and my take away is as follows....

1 - Beeto isn't going to be president of anything. He's utterly delusional to think otherwise.
2 - When Beeto made his confiscation comments, where was the followup questions by the media inquiring how he plans to take those weapons away from people, and how people who refuse to comply would be handled.

Would love to see Beeto pushed to explain on that second question.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post