SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 630
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
K Harris husband:

https://heavy.com/news/2020/08...mala-harris-husband/

Douglas Emhoff

Emhoff is a partner at DLA Piper, a global law firm with locations in more than 40 countries. The firm represents Fortune 500 and Global 1000 enterprises, emerging companies, and technologies, along with advising government and public sectors.

According to his bio, Emhoff is a litigator and advisor with more than 25 years of experience. He is licensed to practice in California and Washington, D.C. He joined DLA Piper in 2017, and before that he was with Venable, where he helped oversee the firm’s West Coast expansion.

Before joining DLA Piper, Emhoff worked on the famous lawsuit involving the Taco Bell mascot, the Psycho Chihuahua. Wrench sued Taco Bell for $42 million for breach of contract, claiming that Wrench had created the Chihuahua character, Newsweek reported. Wrench won and Taco Bell tried to make the ad agency TBWA cover the settlement. Emhoff helped TBWA not be on the hook for that money. That ruling came in 2009, after Taco Bell tried to sue TBWA, claiming they should have known about the similar theme and claiming their contract indemnified Taco Bell, AM Law Daily reported.

His J.D. is from Southern California Gould School of Law in 1990 and his B.A. from California State University in 1987.

When Harris dropped out of the race, Emhoff shared a photo of the two embracing while she sat in his lap, with Emhoff writing: “I’ve got you. As always.”

He was known for sharing highlights and behind-the-scenes photos while his wife was campaigning. And during the race, he and Pete Buttigieg’s husband, Chasten Buttigieg, became friends.

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Heels Up Harris!

Posts: 10824 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
But now she is THE Black candidate....if only for VP. Blacks will vote for her(them) solely because she is black. I'm curious to hear your counter reasoning.
They certainly didn't support her in the primary against Joe...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
What a tone deaf pick in the middle of riots purportedly based on criminal justice / police brutality reforms.

I take it to signal that they're basically just going through the motions, half expecting to lose.

This seems like a good thing for us.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
so its Joe and the Ho

Posts: 53221 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The blowjob jokes will be commin' soon...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
The real question is, does this do enough to energize the black vote?
You're kidding , right? Look at her numbers with blacks when she was a presidential candidate. Black people loathe this bitch almost as much as we do. And wait until the campaign ads and attacks start flying about all the black folks she locked up in California, many under questionable circumstances. If the Trump campaign does it right (and they likely will) they will eviscerate this moron and Biden with her. IMO, she brings absolutely nothing but dark skin and a vagina to this race which isn't going to win anything with a majority of Americans.

Something that shocked me out of my socks yesterday, one of my neighbors, a big time died in the wool liberal told me she is not voting for any black candidates this time around. She said she's had it will all the BLM BS. And this is a person who loved Obama. Will she vote for Trump? Doubtful, but at a minimum, she won't be pulling the lever for Biden now either. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Well anybody that publicly criticizes her will be labeled a sexist, racist or both. Many republicans running for office (not DJT) will wear kid gloves.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
But now she is THE Black candidate....if only for VP. Blacks will vote for her(them) solely because she is black. I'm curious to hear your counter reasoning.
The reasoning is simple. Black folks 'could' have come out in mass and voted for her to be the big cheese, President of the US, but they didn't. As a matter of fact, her numbers with black folks were horrible, even in her home state of California. So why would they roll out now to vote for Biden so she could play second fiddle to a racist old dementia patient?
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Well anybody that publicly criticizes her will be labeled a sexist, racist or both. Many republicans running for office (not DJT) will wear kid gloves.
I don't think the Trump campaign is going to fall for that one. It will be open season on this un-American, knee pad wearing, moron.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
she has just earned EVERY black vote.
That is not true. That's not even close to the truth.

No, it’s not true at all. Remember how during the primaries blacks couldn’t stand her and didn’t vote for her?

If you make a blind assumption on the basis of race, what reason have you offered that anyone should feel obliged to counter? She dropped out in December of 2019 because she couldn't get any votes or donations, and the only other two blacks in the primary race (both men) had dropped out by the following February. There's nothing politically magic about the color of Kamala's skin.

Now let's see some actual reasoning in response.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Having her on the ticket will be detrimental to voter turnout I'd say.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Harris is a great pick as far as President Trump is concerned. She is from a state that he will not win anyhow and she has no charisma and totally unlikable. Also did very poorly in the democratic presidential primary debates and fund raising even with fake news MSM like CNN and MSNBC fawning all over her. Lots of baggage and proven not very popular with black voters. IMO she will also scare away a lot of independents that don't want to risk having another progressive black as possible president given biden's poor health. Biden did not really have any good choices since committing to female black choice.

Posts: 9749 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

"EVERY"? That right there just shows that you're not even thinking. Not even "Barack The Magic Negro" got every black vote.

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The Senile Spectacle and The Penile Receptacle.

It's a perfect DNC match.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

"EVERY"? That right there just shows that you're not even thinking. Not even "Barack The Magic Negro" got every black vote.

Except in certain polling districts in Philadelphia....

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5647 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
The Senile Spectacle and The Penile Receptacle.

It's a perfect DNC match.

Or their joint campaign slogan..."I'll blow Joe, will you?" Smile

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Maybe Shotgun Joe picked Kameltoe Harris because he didn't think he could carry California Big Grin.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16724 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Counter reasoning"? Good grief, man, Do you have any idea at all that what you're claiming is the very definition of racism?

You're saying that anyone who is black is incapable of thinking for themselves. I'm not going to go out and find the websites of blacks for Trump, or conservative blacks, or go on youtube and find for you all the videos of black people saying they vote conservative.

Especially now, with all the BLM stuff. Just who do you think is affected the most by reductions in police forces around the country? The answer is the people who live in low income, high crime neighborhoods. And just who might that be, overwhelmingly? But, hey, according to what you're saying, black people can't think. All they can do is see a black person to vote for and boom, there's their candidate. According to you, this is how "every" black person behaves.

If you want a counter argument, you first need to formulate an actual argument. All you're doing is lumping all black people into one huge category. Forgive me, but that's stultifyingly ignorant. Jeez Louise.

Do some research and let us know what you find.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I visit a certain predominantly black participation website. Let me just say that in their own vocabulary they are offended at the condescension and pandering. They know they are be patronized and are sick of the usual Dem token nod. They are stating her record of marijuana busts and stating how she blocked exonerating dna evidence. They are pissed and the few true believers are being run over rough shod. It’s actually beautiful.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post