SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
No votes were gained with the choice, but some were lost. The ballot boxes that are already stuffed like Christmas turkeys is of far more concern than this hag. The democrats (the media, education, and labor elite) have a house plant with an embarrassing record at the top of the ticket and they will do whatever they can to kick the great orange satan from office. The conservative and libertarian citizens of this country are the ones that should be “peacefully” protesting.

I agree with you on losing votes. Harris a bitch, and I’d use a different word but the forum filter would flag for the admins. She’s a total bitch. Biden’s smart choice would have been Rice so he did us all a favor by selecting Harris. I think a bunch of people in the middle, will vote Trump, because of Harris. Thanks Mummy Joe Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Kamala is safe and she's not going to sway voters with her position on the issues.

I'm fearful there's a number of voters who know, beyond question, that Biden isn't ideal and she isn't either but they'll still vote for them if that's what it takes to beat Trump.

These voters don't care about Biden/Harris if it gives rise to some way for the Dems and Progressives to regain power. Removing Trump is the only goal and the Dem ticket are the pawns.

Posts: 4077 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think Harris is legally qualified. Not a natural-born citizen, currently holds dual citizenship.

I don't think it'll be challenged, because she's such a vote-repulser that kicking her off the ticket could only lead to a better pick.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
It's all about the swing states. KH does nothing to swing the swing states toward "D".

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
I don't think Harris is legally qualified. Not a natural-born citizen,......

what are you talking about?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think Harris is legally qualified. Not a natural-born citizen, ...

Incorrect. She was born on U.S. soil, that makes her a natural-born citizen by U.S. law.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump:

President Donald Trump on Tuesday reacted to the news that former Vice President Joe Biden had selected Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate in 2020.

The president criticized Harris for treating his nominee to the Supreme Court, Brett Kavanaugh, unfairly during the confirmation hearings.

“That was a horrible event,” Trump said. “I thought it was terrible for her, I thought it was terrible for our nation. She was the meanest, most horrible, most disrespectful than anybody in the U.S. Senate.”

Trump said that Harris was “nasty” to Biden during the Democrat primaries.

“She was probably nastier than even Pochahontas to Joe Biden,” Trump said, referring to Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s attacks against Biden during the primary. “It’s hard to pick someone that’s so disrespectful.”

Trump also criticized Harris for her record of prosecuting criminal marijuana cases in California and admitting during the Democrat primaries that she smoked marijuana.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...srespectful-senator/

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Kamala is safe and she's not going to sway voters with her position on the issues.

I'm fearful there's a number of voters who know, beyond question, that Biden isn't ideal and she isn't either but they'll still vote for them if that's what it takes to beat Trump.

These voters don't care about Biden/Harris if it gives rise to some way for the Dems and Progressives to regain power. Removing Trump is the only goal and the Dem ticket are the pawns.

You seriously think KH is going to bring swing voters out for Biden? Sure, crazy loons will vote how crazy loons do, but that lady invokes strong feelings of animosity on a lot of fronts.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

She’s one heartbeat way from the being the President. Is she qualified enough for that position? The Governor of Alaska sure wasn’t....

No, but neither is Joe. And I think Sarah Palin was more qualified than either of those two, by a long shot.

Agreed, but look how the media badgered Palin during that campaign. They were relentless in their opposition.

This time around it will be crickets.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

You seriously think KH is going to bring swing voters out for Biden? Sure, crazy loons will vote how crazy loons do, but that lady invokes strong feelings of animosity on a lot of fronts.

She is a loon and kind of a Hillary Lite but she doesn't harm the ticket if Biden picked Rice or Bass.

Progressives wanted or warned that they'd be pissed if someone who wasn't progressive enough got the mood but even today, Bernie supporters are falling into line with support.

45% will vote Trump, 45% for Biden. Harris is safe for swing voters bc she doesn't automatically push the middle 10% to Trump. Just my opinion of the landscape.

Harris has no real experience other than being in 100% campaign mode ever since she became CA AG but you can't say that's necessarily bad. Trump had no experience at all

I believe Trump will win but for the next 80+ days Harris will offer razzle dazzle that some voters may like.

Posts: 4077 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
LOL! This is beginning to look more and more like a rout.
But, but, but the media keeps telling me its Biden in a run away. Razz Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
She's a nasty bitch, someone that the fucktards and the Commie Media can rally behind. Independents won't like her and I'm looking forward to Pence crushing her in the debates.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Yeah, I don't see how any way someone can slice this in any a that equals a win in any of the swing states. I look at this as a great pick (for us).

Well, he chose her first and foremost based on her skin color and gender. History would tell us that this strategy doesn't normally lead to success.
Balze, take color and gender out of the equation completely. You tell me how many people throughout the rust belt and the rest of the country are going be excited about supporting a California Lefty. Ain't gonna happen. She's the proverbial millstone around the campaign, that is if Biden doesn't completely steal the day with his continual screw ups. I can't in my lifetime remember a more incompetent anti-American pair of candidates to run for the White House. And something tells me I'm going to be joined by a majority of the country in that assessment.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
One error in that equation, the progressives you mention want control, but they want a President/VP who believe as they do and will fully support their positions. You tell me. You think Kamala, who just got huge praise from like a half a dozen Wall Street fund CEO's as well as Jeff Bezo's, are going to jump right in and raise the top income tax rate to 70%+ as these lunatic libs want? Not a chance. Both Biden and Harris are establishment Dem's, and the Bernie style progressives know it, hence the current outrage on social media. More and more Dem's are coming to the rationalization that they only have two 'real' choices this fall...Vote Trump and stick a finger in the eye of the DNC, or don't vote at all. Either way, the outcome will still be the same.
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
I don't think Harris is legally qualified. Not a natural-born citizen, ...

Incorrect. She was born on U.S. soil, that makes her a natural-born citizen by U.S. law.
Who cares? That's a no win argument if its posed by Trump or the Repubs. Let it alone. This woman has a plethora of failings to attack her on. Let's stick to those.

Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
I am slightly...embarrassed...to admit that I have a twitter account....I do and I follow quite a few of the celebrity types, along with various youtubers and tech channels and of course a few cat and dog and other animal type....things....

I used to enjoy spending time reading through things but for the last many many months I really just do more scrolling through than reading.

Most of the reason being that quite a few of the celeb types post and re post non stop anti Trump crap and other similar stuff. I did unfortunately catch the mention tho of Harris being pick for Biden Vp....actually a LOT of mentions of it. The one thing that really got me is that basically every one that mentioned it or re tweated it are acting like the election is already over and done and Biden and Harris already won???

People celebrating the "fact" that we now have a black female VP. Not that it MIGHT happen or COULD happen....but that it is said and done and it is the greatest thing ever. It is just insane.

Like I said, I mostly just do a lot of scrolling now but I still stop and read all the kitty and doggy posts and tech stuff, but it is really getting hard to do nowadays with stuff like this Smile

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Harris is safe for swing voters bc she doesn't automatically push the middle 10% to Trump.

Yeah, we are pretty far apart on this one.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harris was born on US soil, so she's a citizen; but not both of her parents were US citizens at the time of her birth, so the "natural" part is debatable. The "natural born" phrase was not defined in the constitution. It's been argued at the state level, and argued at the Federal District level and won by Obama, but never pushed to the Supreme Court.

If it *were* pushed to the Supreme Court, I think the current court would take the stance that just being born on US soil is enough, but I think it would be 5 to 4. Replace one justice, and you could get the more restrictive "both parents must be US citizens" answer, the position I hold.

Like I said, though, I think the issue should be left alone. She does nothing to improve Biden's electability, and a different pick could be better for him.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Note to sdy: as the original poster I would suggest changing the title of the thread to a more general one like “The Biden train wreck post” or some such, since it seems to be “the” Biden 2020 thread.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post