SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 704 705 706 707 708 709 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What are you trying to do here? You want somebody to tell you Kamala's got it in the bag? Huh? What?

Of course not. What we're seeing is a new type of campaigning that's never been seen before. Eventually she'll do a presser that's unscripted and we'll have another word salad and just stupid shit coming from her mouth but for now, she's hiding her weaknesses, the MSM is going along with it and the polls say it's working.

The longer the campaign goes on the worse it will be for her but if she can pull off the charade through the beginning of early voting, she has a chance.

Posts: 4248 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What part of "those people would vote for her no matter what" do you not understand?

Posts: 109031 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
What we're seeing is a new type of campaigning that's never been seen before. Eventually she'll do a presser that's unscripted and we'll have another word salad and just stupid shit coming from her mouth but for now, she's hiding her weaknesses, the MSM is going along with it and the polls say it's working.

Yeah, so?
The DNC convention begins in a week. She will probably get a bounce from that as well.

The only poll that matters is November 5.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24576 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
What we're seeing is a new type of campaigning that's never been seen before.

Yeah, it's a 'new type of campaigning', if you consider NOT Campaigning a 'type of campaigning'! Let's not help the left redefine yet another long held historical tradition in order to benefit/advance their evil America hating agenda at the detriment of this country! Campaigning is about reaching people, NOT distancing oneself from them!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9432 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I think the "new kind of campaigning" is her adopting Trump policies in order to get those few voters who are going to decide this thing. That is their strategy here. "I'll close the borders on day one", "No taxes on tips", etc.... We all know (and so do they) that these are Trump's talking points. This is just a way to lie to American people in order to retain power by convincing stupid people that she's going to make these things happen, when the only thing she is going to do is fill in the grave (the hole is already dug and the box is being lowered).

Posts: 20563 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^ Pretty sure lying to the American people is not a 'new type of campaigning' either! Just Sayin'... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9432 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Politicians flip flop on issues and even do the same during the primaries, but then turn around and love the candidate who won the nomination aka Ms. Haley. That's not the new campaigning.

What I'm talking about is, unlike Joe who was a frail and losing his train of thought in 2020, Kamala is young and physically capable of campaigning. She's also very able to talk to the press, even friendly press, but she's purposefully avoiding any form of the MSM. She's an idiot but she's running away from friendly press too.

Instead, her campaign handlers and apologists are happy to let social media be her form of communication through surrogates. We've never seen a candidate avoid the press in nearly all circumstances as part of a campaign strategy, much less for a presidential election.

Once the DNC is over next week, she's going to have to come up with policies and post them somewhere for people to read and study. There's the claim there's no separation between Biden and Harris but then she flip flops. Once the DNC buzz is over, her numbers will come down, but for now, it's working for her.

Posts: 4248 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
The only poll that matters is November 5.

100%.

I don't give shit about the "new type of campaigning" or the humungous amount of gaslighting the Democrats & Media are doing. All of this bullshit strictly appeals to the left leaning Democrats, and not independents, moderates, middle America.

THIS is middle America, and I guarantee they outnumber those who would love to have a 2nd Biden/Harris term.

https://x.com/dom_lucre/status...sistance-day-1303%2F

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden Reveals His Anger at Nancy Pelosi for Pressuring Him to End His Re-Election Bid

Joe Biden watched his own party and allies in the press force him to knuckle under and abandon his re-election campaign.

Biden now has some scores to settle.

And Joe Biden revealed the sick way Nancy Pelosi threatened him that forced him out of the race.

For the first time since exiting the presidential race, Biden opened up on his decision in a fawning interview with CBS’ liberal reporter Robert Costa.

In the interview Biden said he quit after Democrats told him he would destroy any chance of winning a majority in the House and Senate by remaining in the race.

Nancy Pelosi directed that lobbying campaign.

Biden’s allies later leaked that Biden was angry with Pelosi for taking the presidency away from him.

“Pelosi has been at the forefront of late, as the former speaker is on an extensive book tour and has been publicly explaining her part in nudging Biden off the top of the ticket. The president is still smarting but has told people in recent days that he grudgingly respects Pelosi’s actions,” POLITICO exclusively reported.

“She did what she had to do,” Biden told one top Democrat, saying Pelosi “cares about the party” and not the fact that she and Biden were friends for 40 years.

Biden hinted at this anger directed toward Pelosi, at one point growing annoyed with Costa’s questions about him dropping out of the race.

“And I was concerned if I stayed in the race, that would be the topic,” Biden ranted. “You’d be interviewing me about why did Nancy Pelosi say, why did so — and — and I thought it’d be a real distraction.”

Biden’s team also thought it staunched the bleeding following the horrific June 27 debate performance where Joe Biden showed he is senile by repeatedly declaring his intention to accept the nomination he won in the primaries at the convention in August.

But on July 10, Pelosi showed up on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” and didn’t accept that answer, saying Biden needed to make a new decision on if he was running.

Pelosi’s comments opened the floodgates for congressional Democrats to speak out against Biden running as the nominee.

11 days later, Biden announced he quit the race.

The final nail in the coffin came when Biden’s team told him Pelosi intended to publicly embarrass him by telling reporters Donald Trump would rout Biden in a landslide if Biden remained atop the ticket.

“Moreover, Biden’s inner circle told him the day before he dropped out that if he persisted in the race they believed that Pelosi was going to take her misgivings public — including her belief that Trump would defeat him — which would have been deeply humiliating for a sitting president, two of the people said,” POLITICO’s report continued.

This episode showed that the true power in the Democrat Party didn’t reside with the sitting president.

It sat with Nancy Pelosi.

https://americanpatriotdaily.c...his-re-election-bid/

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8669 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Wife and I watched a small part of his first interview after bailing out of the election and we both were struck that he was much more cogent than he had been previously which makes us wonder what the heck were they giving him for meds (and who was deciding what to give) for the debate and after.

Posts: 9824 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Funny how the MSM has been pretty much silent about Brain Dead Brandon, he is still president for the next five months.

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
House Republicans Release Scathing 300-page Report Outlining Biden Impeachment Evidence

Never to be accused of doing anything timely for the American people, the republicans on the House Oversight, Judiciary and Ways and Means committees just released a 291-page report today [full pdf here], highlighting the evidence of Joe Biden’s corruption in office.

The Republicans couldn’t wait to send money to Ukraine. The same Republicans rushed a FISA reauthorization bill. The Republicans also fast-tracked a Green New Deal bill under the guise of an Inflation Reduction Act, and they delivered a fake border security bill. However, it took them three years to outline Biden’s pay-to-play schemes. Go figure.

Joe Biden is heading to the exit, his cohort Kamala now represents the face of the administration, and here comes the Chaff and Countermeasures committee members with their outrage and shock.

https://judiciary.house.gov/si...he-United-States.pdf

As noted by Politico, “House Republican investigators accused President Joe Biden of engaging in “impeachable conduct” as part of a long-awaited report. It’s unlikely to change a reality the party has faced for months: They don’t have the votes to impeach him.”

https://theconservativetreehou...vidence/#more-263395

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24576 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
My biggest fear is after the election Crooked Joe will resign and make Harris president. Maybe they can get mileage out of the 1st woman president, maybe not.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8669 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
My biggest fear is after the election Crooked Joe will resign and make Harris president. Maybe they can get mileage out of the 1st woman president, maybe not.

So what if they do. History does tend to get it right and history is not going to be kind to this administration and democrats in general for the shit they’ve pulled over the last ten years or so.

When Trump swears in on jan 6th whatever the dems do prior will be a hollow gesture, nothing more, nothing less.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just heard that they are whisking Joe into DNC to mumble/babble for 30 minutes and then whisking him right away again.

Posts: 34528 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I didn't stay up for it... but he repeated the Philadelphia speech... it was Angry Joe all over again.

https://x.com/bennyjohnson/sta...discussion-thread%2F

-rduckwor

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They made him speak on the first night AND they wouldn’t let him on til 11 pm? This was a total diss by the Dems

Posts: 34528 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Guy can hardly function during the daytime as it is, but totally falls apart in the evenings. That was absolutely intentional. It’s a cold shot, but I have no sympathy.

quote:
House Republicans Release Scathing 300-page Report Outlining Biden Impeachment Evidence

Worthless. Roll Eyes

Posts: 17618 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Just heard that they are whisking Joe into DNC to mumble/babble for 30 minutes and then whisking him right away again.

That can't be right. According to HLN (a sort of sister channel to CNN, which I only watch for Forensic Files reruns), his speech was "moving" and "powerful." Razz

Posts: 28644 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
That can't be right. According to HLN (a sort of sister channel to CNN, which I only watch for Forensic Files reruns), his speech was "moving" and "powerful." Razz

Are you sure they weren't talking about his bowel movements? Razz

Posts: 24223 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post