SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 705 706 707 708 709 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’d say the defenestration of ol’ Joe is mostly complete. Observations from last night:
His speech was mostly a redux of his greatest(?) speech lines.
They went back to the cocktail that had him amped up at the Philadelphia speech and the last State of the Union.
The late time slot was the ultimate diss.

Now it remains to be seen if he lasts through the end of his term or gets 25th amendment-ed/develops a sudden diagnosis that compel him to resign to spend more time with his beach.
On the plus side financially everyone will be lining up their book deals for their version of the story.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1547 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:

spend more time with his beach.
This one? You spelled it wrong.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31366 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
They made him speak on the first night AND they wouldn’t let him on til 11 pm? This was a total diss by the Dems
Has any sitting president ever been cast aside so callously by his own party?

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2154 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if there are any democrats out there who are pissed off over this coup? Or has their capacity for critical thought been so diminished that they just shrug it off, and do whatever they're told.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3627 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
quote:
They made him speak on the first night AND they wouldn’t let him on til 11 pm? This was a total diss by the Dems

The Whig Party in 1852 threw over the incumbent President Millard Fillmore for Winfield Scott to run against Franklin Pierce. By then, the Whigs were pretty much a spent force in politics, which led to the Republican Party being established in 1856.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik..._National_Convention

In 1856, the Democrat Party dumped incumbent President Franklin Pierce for James Buchanan.

The 1850s were a very turbulent and violent time in American political history, leading to the Election of 1860, quite similar to today’s political turmoil.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2795 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I wonder if there are any democrats out there who are pissed off over this coup? Or has their capacity for critical thought been so diminished that they just shrug it off, and do whatever they're told.

The dem I spoke to said she voted for the Biden/Harris ticket, so it makes it ok.

Posts: 794 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23186 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23638 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34513 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Joe who?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31976 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
quote:

All a politician wants it to get elected.
After that, all they want it to get re-elected.
They want power, then they want to keep the power.

For the Dem's: This isnt about who's going to be the next president, it's about the Democratic Party wants to STAY IN POWER.
DJT is a huge, huge threat to all of them! The Democratic Party knows this.

Droolin Joe is a fuckin' mush, you know it, I know it, and the Democratic Party know is.
The Democratic Party watched Droolin Joe shit the bed (and probably in the literal sense as well) at the debate. "Joe, you answered all the questions!" Yeah, right, Roll Eyes. The Democratic Party knows that JOE HAS NO CHANCE. Joey is a liability, Joeys gotta go.

Joey is going to be tucked away in a corner soon. Hopefully rotting away in a diaper full of his own shit, which would be fitting for a man of his stature. After the election, there might be a small "peep" out of him, maybe a waive, a smile, a thumbs up...

Now, the Dems need a replacement. They did their math, they looked at all the players that would have the best chance to keep their party in power.
They are putting their money on Kamala.
They are also planning on their worst case: DJT becoming POTUS AGAIN!
This means any way they can subvert his power, embarrass him, degrade him, misconstrue anything that Trump says.
Ant they are going to shine up their next turd to run for President after Trump.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8516 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34513 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope this is a final, right cross to the testicles, for douche nozzle.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8665 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I think I love Congresswoman, Lisa McClain. She guts ‘em like a fish.

Posts: 13556 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ She's awesome!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39210 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Knives Out: Administrative State Begins Leaking Information About the Bidens

Maybe President Joe Biden was never a serious member of the Washington, DC, establishment — like the Clintons, the Bushes, or the Obamas — or, maybe, the establishment just had no more use for him.

Either way, the knives seem to be out for the Biden family after Joe Biden stepped aside from the 2024 presidential election. In three leaks in the last month, members of the permanent political class in Washington disclosed damaging information about the Biden family.

One: Hunter Biden accepted $3,101,258 from Romanian partner Gabriel Popoviciu to “influence U.S. government agencies” when Joe Biden served as vice president, Special Counsel David Weiss said in a court filing.

The filing stops short of accusing Hunter of having “improperly coordinated with the Obama administration,” but it underscores how Biden’s Department of Justice (DOJ) failed to indict Hunter on Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) violations in 2023 while Joe Biden remained in the presidential race.

Two: The State Department released a document showing that Hunter Biden sought U.S. government help for Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian company.

The leak raises additional questions about why Hunter did not register as a foreign agent for his work with Burisma Holdings, the Ukrainian energy company that paid Hunter $83,000 per month — or $1 million per year — just weeks after his father was announced as the “point person” on U.S. foreign policy with Ukraine. Hunter had no experience in energy or Ukraine before becoming a board member of the company and asking the U.S. government for help.

Three: The DOJ revealed the discovery of 117 pages of transcribed discussions between Biden and his ghostwriter, per Fox News

Special Counsel Robert Hur used the information, in part, to conclude that Biden was a “well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory,” according to the report. The statement had a cascading effect on media allies who pressured Biden to step aside.

Washington is many things to many people, but, for the politicos who come to town to work in the bureaucracy, it is best defined as a revolving door. It takes staying power, connections, and a willingness to compromise to remain in the swamp’s good graces.

Joe Biden arrived in Washington in 1973 as a U.S. senator, and he accrued influence, aligned himself with the powerful, and ascended to the presidency. He reached the top spot only to step aside three and a half years later.

His usefulness to the swamp is coming to an end, it appears, as reports surface of the Washington, DC, establishment pushing Biden out.

Former President Barack Obama, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY), along with Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA), and Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI), had an outsized role in pushing Biden out, the New York Times reported Thursday, based on multiple interviews with those with firsthand knowledge of the events.

The senators’ participation was previously unreported.

“What happened,” Biden later told CBS News, “was a number of my Democratic colleagues in the House and Senate thought that I was going to hurt them in the races. And I was concerned if I stayed in the race, that would be the topic.”

Wendell Husebo is a political reporter with Breitbart News and a former RNC War Room Analyst. He is the author of Politics of Slave Morality. Follow Wendell on “X” @WendellHusebø or on Truth Social @WendellHusebo.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...on-about-the-bidens/

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8665 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108985 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I briefly watched Joe this afternoon on CNN. I caught him doing the bend down to the mic and do the hoarse whisper thing. Between whatever make up was applied, the Botox, and his eyes(and the drug cocktail he was given); his appearance was like a living cadaver.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1547 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Lame duck President is a centuries old term, but I've never seen a lamer duck in office than Biden. The entire world is completely moving on and forgetting about him in a hurry.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
If the knives are out for Joe, could it be there was more to the coup that he agreed to do but isn’t? Perhaps sitting out like he has, appears to contradict his endorsement so the recent revelations are a cattle prod. We see now he’s off the beach and angrily babbling again. It seems they have him like the taliban does a hostage confessing on camera all sorts of lies before being dispatched or further abused in a cage. Imagine the kind of power that can do that to a sitting president. Do we want that in our country? Are we truly free and self governing? There is a threat to our constitutional democratic republic but it’s not president Trump.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29903 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post