SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... 709
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
And who is running the country during this headless-chicken shitstorm?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12668 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
And who is running the country during this headless-chicken shitstorm?

The same 3 to 5 faceless people who have been Biden’s handlers for the past 3.5 years?

Posts: 34529 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The same 3 to 5 faceless people who have been Biden’s handlers for the past 3.5 years?

Not if even they are running for the door and planning their escape/next move.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12668 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
BREAKING NEWS: Multiples sources outline the apparent state of play on Biden at this time:

* plans to announce withdrawal from nomination as early as this weekend, with Sunday most likely

* Jon Meacham polishing up remarks

* Biden with NOT resign the presidency

* Biden will NOT endorse Harris

* open convention with Harris and about 3 others

* super delegates will not be allowed to vote on 1st ballot

* Harris is vetting at least four possible running mates, including Andy Beshear and possibly Shapiro

More on this fluid situation at 6pm ET LIVE on YouTube
@2waytvapp

So, if we kind of pay this out, if he announces this Sunday and the DNC Convention isn't until August 19th, they essentially have a month where they don't have a nominee for President.

I don't see how they can do this and not choose Kamala Harris. I don't see how the logistics can work.

Maybe they are worried about the down ballot races at this point. Democrat Reps and Senators would rather have a no name on the ticket as opposed to someone as unpopular as Joe.

Posts: 6711 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One problem with that report that he is going to drop out of the race and support an open primary is that in order for the candidate to be on Ohio’s ballot the candidate needs to be selected by August 7th, which is before the DNC convention.

Unless the democrats are already thinking they are going to lose Ohio and it doesn’t matter.

Posts: 721 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If the Dems flip over the fruit basket, keeping an eye on "opportunistic" trouble makers in the world stage needs to be a consideration.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44456 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
He's not resigning the presidency - he'll simply pull an LBJ and say he's not going to accept the nomination.

We'll have Quick Joe until Jan 20 regardless of who wins the WH.

It would be a political nightmare for the Democrats if Biden resigned and pardoned Hunter before the election. After the election on his way out he will pardon him, the Democrats know four years later and it will be forgotten.

He will be in that position until after the election, unless he dies.

Posts: 13064 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
If he caves, I can’t imagine them not propping Kunty K the Kackle Kueen up if for no other reason than the restrictions on the campaign war chest.

Can’t let all that money go to waste!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11214 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Biden will pull out by Sunday. Will not endorse Harris

https://www.newsmax.com/politi...NleYdCRTgPYA-L-RhAlw

Posts: 24223 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

https://www.newsmax.com/politi...NleYdCRTgPYA-L-RhAlw
Same source, Mark Halperin.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6363 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
That's what LBJ did.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Our Governor has done a pretty good job so far of appearing as a non-insane moderate but I’m not sure he would want this. I get the impression he’s got his eye set on 2028

https://x.com/wallstreetsilv/s...079795287724486?s=46

Posts: 34529 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I hope Biden’s inner Ruth Ginsberg compels him to stay in it. Every move the dems have left puts them is a worse position. It’s so bad they’re looking longingly to pieces not on the board anymore and wishing to play them. Every day that goes by increases the urgency.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

That makes sense... why "endorse"? He probably won't say a word about who will follow him.
BUT it will likely be Kamala. It's her one and only shot, even if it's a longshot.
She will take it.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24576 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
This from someone other than Halperin:

Not quite as definitive...

https://x.com/weijia/status/1814036047820431457

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6363 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I have mixed emotions but I am relishing whatever happens.

Think of the well-deserved humiliation being heaped on this obnoxious old bastard right now, and how much worse it will be when he finally gives in. No matter what he and his supporters say publicly, it's apparent that his debate performance is the direct cause of all of this. Now, that's his performance. He can't blame anyone else. He fucked up and he lost as a result. Walked right into it, talking big, empty shit like he always does. Karma

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109043 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden when he realized the blonde woman wasn't his wife.

Posts: 5232 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
If he caves, I can’t imagine them not propping Kunty K the Kackle Kueen up if for no other reason than the restrictions on the campaign war chest.

What happens to the money set aside for his campaign?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11456 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Its turning into a shitty liberal Game of Thrones.
Say what you will, its gonna be entertaining to watch.
“The King is dead, long live the (insert pronouns) !

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

What happens to the money set aside for his campaign?

It would go to Kackles if she is on the ticket in either position (besides kneeling or heels up). If Kackles is not on the ticket, then all the money must go back to the donors who can re-donate once the checks have cleared.

Posts: 4054 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post