SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 ... 709
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/Bobby_LaVallley/.../1813025410982289507

Posts: 13047 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
My prediction is after the assassination attempt the D’s have accepted they are going to lose. They won’t bother replacing Joe at this point, he will be the sacrifice. To replace him with someone else will just subject the replacement to a devastating loss and they don’t want to do that.

It actually solves a few problems. Joe gets to be the scape goat, Kamala can quietly be dismissed instead of visibly being “passed over”, and now they can reset their plans for the future (my guess is they will go all in on pretty boy Newsom).

Pretty much abdicating 2024 to get an early start on 2028.

https://x.com/ModernityNews/st.../1813513628978499712

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1813513628978499712" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 624px; display: block; border: none; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: 50% 85px; background-size: 200px; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

If anyone hasn't watched the CNN video they should. Right now Trump is projected to get somewhere between 272 electoral votes and 330.

Trump is leading in the polls in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. Trump can win with one of those three. Biden needs to take all three to win.

The math just doesn't add up for Biden and it is beginning to dawn on more and more Democrats.

The only remaining question is how many Senators can Trump pull over the finish line. Republicans at this point probably have a 70% chance of retaining the House.

Posts: 6709 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Oh noes!

The Big Guy has COVIDS. Him still sick.

Posts: 9400 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Probably the memory juice they have been giving him doesn't work anymore.

Posts: 5341 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, covid. Predictable ploy.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39210 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In which case, it's an indication that he is trying to hang in. Without Biden's acquiescence, they have to force him out, so, we're still on track, I think.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108985 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4005 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get better, FJB, but not real soon.

Posts: 5232 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
In which case, it's an indication that he is trying to hang in. Without Biden's acquiescence, they have to force him out, so, we're still on track, I think.

We definitely want to see him stick with it. Go Joe!

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39210 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
We definitely want to see him stick with it. Go Joe!

I don't see how they could logistically replace Sleepy Joe at this point, even with Kamala Harris.

A political campaign is a project. A Presidential campaign is a really big project. The entire project begins with the assumption that you know who is your nominee you are trying to get across the finish line. You change that and a lot of your planning falls apart.

Inevitably the nominee has to cut deals to get various groups to support him/her. Change the nominee and you have to re-negotiate those deals.

Posts: 6709 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ And, as we've heard, putting in another candidate will most likely kill their chances in 2028. So let FJB lose now.

posted Hide Post
Isn’t it August 7th when the DNC has to provide a nominee to ensure he/she gets on Ohios ballot? If so, that’s only 3 weeks from now. So we should know here fairly soon if he drops out or not.

Posts: 721 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
At Joe's rally speech the day after his debate performance he told everyone it's not about getting knocked down, it's about getting back up. That's exactly what President Trump did after he was shot. He got back up, Joe.

Posts: 3540 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
1. Joe has WooHoo flu again (really?)
2. Isolation in Delaware
3. July 22, emerges from his borrow, sees his shadow and announces he is retiring from the race due to "health issues ".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7270 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Schumer told biden he should drop out

https://hotair.com/ed-morrisse...den-get-out-n3791943

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer told President Biden in a private meeting that it would be best for him and the country if he dropped out of the race.

Schumer’s office told ABC’s
@jonkarl
that he conveyed the views of his caucus in that meeting and did not deny that he said this.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That last part is the most significant. Such a conversation would normally be kept quiet. In this case, they stuck a megaphone on it. This is not kind advice to a respected colleague; this is pushing them out of the door and encouraging others to join in the pushing.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I wish he were staying in the race, but he’ll more than likely wait until after the Republican convention and before the Demoncratic to announce he won’t be running.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4011 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Here's Joe Leaving Las Vegas to go to the basement. A bit of a struggle, 'eh Joe?

What, no masks? No "social distancing"?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17145 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Let’s imagine, Biden isolates in Delaware where he become incapacitated, flown to Bethesda where he passes from Covid complications. Harris becomes POTUS, she selects a new VP, and receives the warchest from the campaign. Biden lays in the capitol rotunda, a presidential procession down independence Ave. a nation mourners the great loss.

Think about this scenario and how it may play out.

Anything is possible right now.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just fucking cool it