SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 ... 709
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Are you sure of that? I’ve seen hints that the female Obama for President and virtually anybody for VP polls best for the Dems.

I have seen a couple of polls that indicate that Michelle Obama (and Newsom) perform poorly against Biden, and of course Trump.

And in other news, apparently Hunter is now the "acting Chief-of-Staff" at the White House now.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ting-chief-of-staff/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17152 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have seen a couple of polls that indicate that Michelle Obama (and Newsom) perform poorly against Biden, and of course Trump.

I've heard discussion that they want to hold a "speed primary" to displace Biden.
But... they've already held a primary, and leaned on the scales, preventing anyone but Biden from running. They wouldn't even allow the participation of RFK, Jr., a long-time Democrat from the iconic Kennedy clan.
Sorry, the delegates are already pledged to Biden. Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24572 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
White House Confirms Joe Biden Was Among Those in January Meeting that Included a Neurologist Specializing in Parkinson’s

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...izing-in-parkinsons/

Fury grows at White House as Karine Jean-Pierre admits she MISLED reporters about Parkinson's expert visiting Biden

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ine-jean-pierre.html

Posts: 13059 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

I've heard discussion that they want to hold a "speed primary" to displace Biden.

But... they've already held a primary, and leaned on the scales, preventing anyone but Biden from running. They wouldn't even allow the participation of RFK, Jr., a long-time Democrat from the iconic Kennedy clan.

Sorry, the delegates are already pledged to Biden. Big Grin

Could this be a big time Washington power play, that FJB and the Crime family are working the D party to get a payout if he gets out.

Historically they work hard to find a way to be paid off, and FJB becoming a pariah, and he's in the drivers seat.

It seems the stars are in alignment for a Potomac Poker play, the ultimate bluff:

After the debate he can't hide his cognitive decline, and, the press can't hide his cognitive decline. Without a Pandemic he can't hide in the basement, the left can't justify national ballot harvesting. A Republican held house means the 25th is off the plate for the D.

With Hunter on staff with Jill behind him, it's a perfect time to negotiate a lifetime payoff to get out of the race. He can't take his $230 million war chest with him, but, he can get commitments to pay him and the family millions for the remainder of his life.

So $50-$100 million, how much would super wealthy D doners pony up to get him out, what is 4 years of stopping Trump worth. To these people it's chump change, but it's a perfect time to negotiate for Biden.

The longer they wait, the worse it gets, of course there is a cutoff for both parties, wait too long and you can't fix the problem, so no payout but also no D in the white house, and you have to spend billions to fund the down ballot D candidates otherwise you risk losing the Senate too.

This is awesome stuff to watch.

Posts: 24209 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
when your options are few, you lie

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
<snip>
Hillary does well against Trump in polling according to a poll that came out on Monday, but just like with Big Mike, she's not in the running.

Too quote Vinny Gambini:

"How can you be so sure?"

Posts: 16167 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Hillary does well against Trump in polling according to a poll that came out on Monday....

She'd run if asked.

It would be especially delicious to see her lose to PDJT a second time.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31986 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh Nancy disrespecting the black woman. What has you so rattled Nancy. Is she drinking on the job? Big Grin

https://x.com/rachelvscott/status/1811078212153139417

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could this be a big time Washington power play, that FJB and the Crime family are working the D party to get a payout if he gets out.

Historically they work hard to find a way to be paid off, and FJB becoming a pariah, and he's in the drivers seat.

At this point... it's just a negotiation.

Pelosi has come out today saying "he needs to decide soon." But he sent them all a letter saying he's staying in...
Obviously the Democrats have not accepted that.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24572 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't know whether to laugh or to cry

https://x.com/quinkana_ink/status/1811164657274736733

Posts: 109017 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
ABC's brutal ultimatum to George Stephanopoulos after his damning verdict on Joe Biden - as network plunged into 'fully fledged crisis'

By STEPHEN M. LEPORE and NIC WHITE FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 18:40 EDT, 10 July 2024 | UPDATED: 19:48 EDT, 10 July 2024

George Stephanopoulos was threatened with being taken off air if he didn't clarify his position on Joe Biden's ability to serve another four years.

The ABC host gave his blunt assessment of the president's performance in a brief interview when he was ambushed on Tuesday.

The former Bill Clinton aide was asked on the street in Manhattan if Biden should step down and responded: 'I don't think he can serve four more years'.

Biden's interview with the former White House press secretary on Friday followed a disastrous debate performance on June 27.

Stephanopoulos, 63, appeared to quickly regret his off-the-cuff remark and offered a statement of regret.

'Earlier today I responded to a question from a passerby. I shouldn't have,' he said.

ABC News issued their own statement, saying, 'George expressed his own point of view and not the position of ABC News.'

What the two statements didn't reveal was the crisis Stephanopoulos' nine words kicked off at the highest level of the major network.

News division president Debra O'Connell called a panicked meeting with advisers and executives on Tuesday night, including public relations consultants.

'This was a fully fledged crisis and it exploded with far-reaching reverberations,' an insider claimed to Radar Online.

She then hauled Stephanopoulos into a private meeting where she gave him an ultimatum: apologize or be yanked off air.

Stephanopoulos both hosts Good Morning America and is a moderator on current affairs panel show This Week.

ABC bosses were concerned the veteran broadcaster had expressed a private opinion that would fatally undermine his appearance of objectivity.

'[O'Connell told him] in no uncertain terms that he is a newsman who is expected to be objective,' the insider said.

'She was furious that someone of George's experience and status would compromise the news division's impartiality, and subject it to unnecessary and embarrassing headlines.

'George backed Debra into a corner. If he did not apologize, how could he continue with his duties at ABC News without the network facing an avalanche of criticism.'

The insider, however, believed that even though Stephanopoulos backed away from his comment and 'minimized it as a quip', ABC bosses knew the damage was done.

'You can expect the Trump campaign and GOP to seize on this. You can also expect the White House to avoid ABC News moving forward. Biden will never sit down with Stephanopoulos ever again,' they said.

Biden's cognitive function has been under intense scrutiny since his car crash presidential debate against Donald Trump last month.

Friday, he attempted some damage control with a sit down interview with ABC - a performance that was once again panned by members of his own party.

Biden made it through the 22-minute ABC News interview on Friday without any major blunders.

But it appeared unlikely to fully tamp down concerns about his age, or his ability to defeat Trump on November 5.

The floundering has led to calls for Biden to withdraw from the race, but he has so far remained steadfast in his commitment to standing.

In looking ahead, a senior Democratic aide told ABC News that the president should 'buckle up for a wild week.'

Many hoped Friday's interview with Stephanopoulos would be a chance for Biden, 81, to prove the debate was a one-off.

But the toe-curling performance, which included responding to questions in a raspy voice, losing track mid-sentence and going off on tangents, had many Democrats unconvinced.

The president has remained adamant he's staying in the race since the interview.

Some prominent Democrats are desperately looking for possible alternatives should Biden exit the race.

ABC News and impartiality? They don't belong in the same sentence. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 27498 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait to see the Big Guy in his Big Boy press conference, supported by the new Acting COS, Hunter.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31986 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Biden made it through the 22-minute ABC News interview on Friday without any major blunders.

Horseshit.

He couldn’t recall if he watched the fucking debate.

Nice is overrated

posted Hide Post
Biden rejects Trump's golf challenge

US President Joe Biden has dismissed an invitation for a one-on-one golf match from Donald Trump.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/392879

US President Joe Biden's team has rejected former US President Donald Trump's proposal to hold a golf match between the president and his predecessor.

Last night, Trump declared ''I am officially challenging crooked Joe to an 18-hole golf match." Trump proposed the match be held on Trump's course in Doral, Florida, with Biden receiving a 20-stroke advantage.

Trump also offered to donate one million dollars to a charity of Biden's choice should the incumbent win.

Biden has previously stated that he believed Trump would be unable to walk 18 holes, adding, "I'll let you take three strokes off your game if you carry your own bag."

Biden's staff stated, “Donald Trump hasn’t been seen in public for 12 days, now he’s inviting fictional serial killers to dinner, teasing lil’ Marco Rubio, praising Project 2025 architect Tom Homan, and challenging the President of the United States to golf.”

“We’d challenge Donald Trump to create jobs, but he lost 3 million. We’d challenge Donald Trump to stand up to Putin, but he bent the knee to him. We’d challenged Donald Trump to follow the law, but he breaks it. We’d challenged Donald Trump to not destroy our country, but that’s all his Project 2025 aims to do. Joe Biden doesn’t have time for Donald Trump’s weird antics — he’s busy leading America and defending the free world. Donald Trump is a liar, a convict and a fraud, only out for himself — par for the course.”

Earlier, Trump mocked Biden and also referred to the decision regarding the identity of his Vice President, which is expected to arrive no later than next Monday according to estimates.

"They probably think I am going to announce that Marco (Rubio) is going to be Vice President. I don't know," Trump said.

Trump mocked Biden: “I’m officially offering Joe the chance to redeem himself in front of the entire world. Let’s do another debate this week so that ‘Sleepy Joe Biden’ can prove to everyone all over the world that he has what it takes to be president. But this time it will be man-to-man, no moderators, no holds barred. Just name the place, anytime, anywhere.

posted Hide Post
This circular firing squad is so enjoyable to watch.

Posts: 255 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Coming soon...

Nice is overrated

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I can’t wait to see the Big Guy in his Big Boy press conference, supported by the new Acting COS, Hunter.

Well, he will be a real crack COS.

Posts: 8873 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Are you sure of that? I’ve seen hints that the female Obama for President and virtually anybody for VP polls best for the Dems.

Are you talking about Big Mike? We've already had the female Obama serve two terms.

No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Will he be wearing his "Big Boy" pull-ups?

Posts: 9722 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
Will he be wearing his "Big Boy" pull-ups?

I so wish I had the skills to put Brandon's face on this: