SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 ... 631
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
When I say my prayers tonight I’ll thank the baby Jesus, once again, that Garland isn’t a SCOTUS justice, albeit he’s effing things up at a high level as AG.

Posts: 13303 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107740 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apparently federal statute requires that Special Counsel be selected from outside the United States government.

Doesn't this guy work for the US government?

Seems to me his appointment isn't legal

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/t.../chapter-VI/part-600

quote:
§ 600.3 Qualifications of the Special Counsel.

(a) An individual named as Special Counsel shall be a lawyer with a reputation for integrity and impartial decision making, and with appropriate experience to ensure both that the investigation will be conducted ably, expeditiously and thoroughly, and that investigative and prosecutorial decisions will be supported by an informed understanding of the criminal law and Department of Justice policies. The Special Counsel shall be selected from outside the United States Government. Special Counsels shall agree that their responsibilities as Special Counsel shall take first precedence in their professional lives, and that it may be necessary to devote their full time to the investigation, depending on its complexity and the stage of the investigation.

David Weiss is the United States Attorney for the United States District Court for the District of Delaware.

I'm no lawyer, but..........

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15731 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comer says he's ready to subpoena Bidens' phone and bank records, give witnesses immunity

https://justthenews.com/accoun..._campaign=newsletter

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer on Friday night pointedly dismissed the appointment of a special counsel in the Hunter Biden criminal probe as "another maneuver... to obstruct" Congress and vowed to escalate his investigation by subpoenaing Hunter and Joe Biden's phone and bank records and offering witnesses immunity.

"We're getting closer every day to showing that Joe Biden was the ringleader in this, not Hunter Biden," Comer said in an exclusive interview with the "Just the News, No Noise" television show just hours after Attorney General Merrick Garland shocked Washington by announcing that he was upgrading Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss to a special counsel after four years of investigating the Biden family finances.

Comer dismissed Garland's decision as ineffective, noting Weiss had years to bring serious charges and instead managed to construct a plea deal that spared Hunter Biden prison for tax evasion and gun charges that even the trial judge could not accept.

"It's another maneuver by the Justice Department to obstruct our investigation. I find it odd that, the day after I announced that we had put together a case that would win in court to subpoena Joe Biden's personal bank records, then lo and behold, Merrick Garland strikes again," Comer said.

"I assumed he would try to indict Trump or something. But no, he appoints a special counsel and he appoint the same person who had supposedly been investigating Hunter Biden for years, who let the statute of limitations expire on all of his obvious tax crimes, who tried to negotiate a sweetheart plea deal that led him off scot free. And less than two weeks later, after a judge rejects that sweetheart plea deal, Merrick Garland appointed special counsel for the sole purpose to obstruct our credible, effective oversight House investigation of Biden corruption."

Comer said he is now prepared to subpoena the credit card and bank records of the president and his son as well as their phone records to check witness allegations that Joe Biden got financial benefit from Hunter Biden's clients and talked and met with them at various times.

"We're at the point to where we put together a case where we have emails, we have text messages, we have pictures, we have bank records. Now we have sworn testimony from associates like Devon Archer. We are ready now to be able to subpoena the personal bank records of the Bidens," he said.

"What we've got now are their shady shell company. Now, we need the personal records," he said. "Because when we show... that chart that shows China and Romania and Russia and the arrows go into shell companies and into the Biden's family, we think there may be another arrow beyond the Biden family. And that would go to Joe Biden himself. And that's what people have told us. That's what the emails suggest. And that's what we're trying to determine now. And that's where our investigation is headed."

The White House dismissed Comer's probe anew, issuing a lengthy statement personally attacking the congressional probe.

Comer said he wasn't concerned by such attacks and declared it was time to give some key witnesses immunity, an act that would take a vote of the full committee and House.

"We're going to continue to exercise our subpoena power. Hopefully, when we move to impeachment inquiry, that'll be able to give us tools like granting immunity," he explained. "If we could grant immunity. I think people like Devon Archer would have would have said a whole lot more. I think people like Eric Sherwood would tell a lot of things that that the Bidens have done that we know they've done, that everyone in America knows they've done."

Posts: 12739 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
David Weiss is the United States Attorney for the United States District Court for the District of Delaware.

I'm no lawyer, but..........

That seemed pretty clear to me too. Stated in plain English, unlike a lot of legal text.

He's a political hack but it's hard to believe the Attorney General and onetime Supreme Court nominee could be so unaware, ill-informed or whatever you want to call it.

I'm waiting for the lawyers her to chime in to see if there's something us non-lawyers are missing.

Otherwise, it seems clear as it can be. Could he think nobody would notice? Could he be that inept?

Posts: 9546 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
The left simply plays by a separate set of rules and as we've seen over the last decade, nothing happens to them. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! There's no accountability even when caught, so why would this be any different.

Posts: 2836 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's a political hack but it's hard to believe the Attorney General and onetime Supreme Court nominee could be so unaware, ill-informed or whatever you want to call it.

I'm waiting for the lawyers her to chime in to see if there's something us non-lawyers are missing.

Otherwise, it seems clear as it can be. Could he think nobody would notice? Could he be that inept?

Attorney General Garland is NOT unaware, ill-informed or inept. He's a political hack. He's attempting to do the political thing, to protect the Biden Crime Family, and to protect the Deep State, which includes the Department of Justice and the the FBI which have also become political.

This appointment is an attempt to deceive. The House Republicans, Comer and Jordan, see right through it and hopefully there are enough of the American people paying enough attention to see right through it too.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24177 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Since when did Tapper get a conscience?

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/clip...and-and-weiss-didnt/

IRS whistleblower Gary Shapley said the announcement that U.S. Attorney David Weiss has been named as special counsel in the Hunter Biden case vindicates his contemporaneously-documented claim that Weiss didn’t have full charging authority and contradicts repeated assertions by Weiss and Attorney General Merrick Garland that Weiss had full charging authority.

Shapley said, “So, the announcement today really vindicated Special Agent Ziegler and I coming forward. And — because some of these issues that were basically admitted to today were the crux of why we came forward. So, when Attorney General Garland comes today — comes forward today — and what he did is he admitted that the American people were misled by what DOJ continually told them about this investigation.”

Shapley further stated, “[T]hen you have the June 7 letter, before our testimony to the House Ways and Means Committee was released, where United States Attorney Weiss says he has full authority. After our testimony is released and he realizes what was released by [the] House Ways and Means Committee, in the June 30 letter, he says, again, he has that full authority. But, in the next paragraph, he immediately says, but my authority is geographically limited to Delaware. And then he says, well, he has to partner — it’s departmental practice to partner with a U.S. attorney of venues elsewhere. And that’s what we’re really seeing here, we’re seeing a correction by DOJ, because the statements that they have said all along are not consistent with the decision that was just made by Attorney General Garland, or he wouldn’t have had to make it.”

Posts: 19606 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
Since when did Tapper get a conscience?
Don't mistake his embarrassment for a conscience.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hey, Ben&Jerry's!! It's time for a new flavor!

mmmm Peach Mint!

Ya assholes Razz

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Hey, Ben&Jerry's!! It's time for a new flavor!

mmmm Peach Mint!

Ya assholes Razz

I liked this little nugget from that article…

”On the same day, Steube introduced legislation to require the Secret Service chief to write a report on the illicit use of controlled substances in the White House. The move comes after the Secret Service closed its investigation into cocaine found at the White House last month without identifying a person of interest. Steube named the bill the "Helping Understand Narcotics Traces at the Executive Residence (HUNTER) Act."…”

Big Grin

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10960 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
From CBS Catherine Herridge

CBS News corespondent Catherine Herridge suggests Attorney General Merrick Garland appointed Delaware US Attorney David Weiss as special counsel to protect the Biden family by blocking Weiss from testifying.

Once the DOJ realized they wouldn't be able to push Hunter Biden's sweetheart deal through the finish line, the DOJ quickly sprung into action.

As suggested by Herridge, Weiss was appointed to "delay a resolution on the Hunter Biden matter" and to also stop Weiss from testifying before Congress.

video at link:

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg...e-goes-there-n570723

Herridge says this opinion came from a former federal prosecutor

This particular speculation isn't new, but it was reported by CBS

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Devin Nunes – David Weiss is Another John Durham Protective Silo – The Deep State Operation Tracks Back to Obama Weaponizing Intel and DOJ

The former House Intel Committee chairman outlines the appointment of David Weiss as another DC silo creation similar in construct to John Durham.

Obviously, Nunes is correct. Additionally, as Nunes accurately outlines the entire weaponization process traces back to when Barack Obama took office and unleashed the apparatus of the intelligence agencies to target domestic political opposition. At the same time, Obama’s AG Eric Holder created the DOJ National Security Division and then weaponized surveillance under the auspices of FARA and FISA Courts to target one side of the political dynamic.
WATCH:

https://theconservativetreehou...and-doj/#more-249829

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24177 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't get it

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The magician puts the "biden" in his closed hand. When the magician opens his hand, the "biden" has been transformed to obama.

It fits in w the video posted by chellim.

Nunes explains the obama administration stacked the DoJ, FBI, and CIA w their leftist operatives. What played out since about 2012 was an increasing coordination to use the federal offices to attack the political opposition and protect the far left DEMs.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't get it
I didn't either. Thanks for explaining, sdy. [thumbs up]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The “Hunter” act, also introduced by Stuebe, from the M peach ment article…

“On the same day, Steube introduced legislation to require the Secret Service chief to write a report on the illicit use of controlled substances in the White House. The move comes after the Secret Service closed its investigation into cocaine found at the White House last month without identifying a person of interest. Steube named the bill the "Helping Understand Narcotics Traces at the Executive Residence (HUNTER) Act."

Posts: 3601 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I will tell you what besides the 31 Abrams we have already pledged they are prepping another 30+.

Waste of men and material.

ETA:
I have been in touch with the guys overseas. Broken tanks. Old M1A1SA's. Configured for export.

Export means we don't give them the armor, we don't give them the thermal, we don't give them the ballistic software for US rounds.

Have fun.

I have been behind an armored column with US goodies....

...and yea. we won.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post