SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 ... 630
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://dailycaller.com/2023/0...er-plants-blackouts/

related to wcb's post 2 above

Proposed Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rules regulating carbon dioxide emissions for power plants would lead to blackouts in a large slice of the Midwest and impose costs of nearly $250 billion, according to new analysis by the Center of the American Experiment (CAE).

The EPA’s proposed regulations would require fossil fuel-fired power plants to adopt developing technologies, such as carbon capture and sequestration (CCS) and hydrogen blending, in order to significantly bring down their greenhouse gas emissions over the coming decades. CAE filed comments this week in response to the EPA’s proposals, highlighting in its analysis that the EPA has overestimated the efficacy of wind and solar while exposing the 45 million people living in the area served by the Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) power grid to elevated blackout risks.

The EPA “does not appear to have the expertise necessary to enact such a sweeping regulation on the American power sector,” CAE wrote in its comments.

CAE’s analysis found that the EPA’s modeled MISO grid could result in massive blackouts across the 15 states it serves, with one stress test scenario estimating that nearly one in five MISO-served households would be without power. Additionally, CAE calculated that building up enough capacity to avoid its projected blackouts in the MISO region would cost $246 billion in total by 2055.

“For EPA’s RIA on the proposed rules, EPA assumes 99 percent of the emissions reductions resulting from changes to the electric grid are driven by the subsidies in the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), which is called its ‘Post-IRA’ Base Case and only 1 percent is from the proposed rules,” Orr continued. “But EPA never studies whether its base case, which accounts for 99 percent of the changes, maintains enough reliable power plants on the grid to meet electricity demand, as they only looked at that last 1 percent,” Orr said, adding that “this is the regulatory equivalent of studying the structural integrity of the top floor of a 100-story building without doing so for the preceding 99 floors.”

The evil idiots of the biden administration are trying to put us on a path that will lead to massive U.S. power shortages.

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
All part of the plan. These leftist assholes want to divide and isolate people that don’t have large financial resources. Unless the whole country votes against these ridiculous notions, they will continue until they are irreversible. Sadly, half of the country has bought into the energy Ponzi scheme and won’t reverse their thinking until it’s too late.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
BIDEN: "I have a bunch of grandchildren — they all have Secret Service."

except Navy (Hunter's daughter w Lunden Roberts)

video at:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1689701050373050368

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Garland appoints Weis as Special Counsel in Biden crime family investigation.

https://justthenews.com/accoun...el-investigate-biden

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

For only one reason: To interfere with impeachment proceedings.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

https://justthenews.com/accoun...el-investigate-biden

Weiss is neck deep in this whole affair. This won't be an independent investigation and is tainted from the start.

Posts: 12730 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Weiss is neck deep in this whole affair. This won't be an independent investigation and is tainted from the start.

"After a long and exhaustive investigation of ourselves, we have found no wrongdoing."

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
He asked to be appointed and since he was cheif in negotiating the snowball plea deal, there is little reason to think he's not going to do the same.

This was done to keep the House from continuing their investigation and I wonder how long Weiss will take? So long that any statute of limitations will expire?

But on the other hand, perhaps this turns into a greater campaign issue aka another example of the two-tiered justice system to protect Hunter and Joe. And maybe Weiss was so embarrassed by the cupcake plea deal that he's going to be much tougher. Don't forget that today was the return date for Hunter's team to try and salvage a tax charge plea deal and it was just announced there is no deal and the case is likely headed to trial.

Why not appoint Durham?

Posts: 4086 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why not appoint Durham?
And how long did his last investigation take? 3+ years, seriously...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
This was done to keep the House from continuing their investigation and I wonder how long Weiss will take? So long that any statute of limitations will expire?

There are two types of investigations:
Those that are serious, and those that are designed to run out the clock.
Weiss will attempt to run out the clock.

Initially, I had high hopes for AG Bill Barr and for his appointment of Durham. Unfortunately, that investigation was also designed to run out the clock.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24166 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now Congress will be impeded in it's investigation into Biden corruption. Weiss can not be subpoenaed to ask questions about the sweetheart deal to Hunter and I am sure any future documents they request will be refused because of this investigation.

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Why not appoint Durham?

Durham brought cases to trial and was thorough. Weiss helmed the sweetheart deal with Biden that fell through only because the judge caught it and asked questions.

I'd take Durham any day over Weiss.

Posts: 4086 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Why not appoint Durham?

Durham brought cases to trial and was thorough. Weiss helmed the sweetheart deal with Biden that fell through only because the judge caught it and asked questions.

I'd take Durham any day over Weiss.
Cool, see you in 2027 Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
He asked to be appointed and since he was cheif in negotiating the snowball plea deal, there is little reason to think he's not going to do the same.

quote:
JustheNews.com: Prosecutors ask court to disregard Hunter Biden plea deal, raising legal jeopardy for first son

The move increases the legal jeopardy for President Joe Biden's son and the possibility he could face prison time.

By John Solomon

Updated: August 11, 2023 - 1:18pm

Federal prosecutors on Friday asked the judge in the Hunter Biden case to set aside the plea deal they had offered him because the two sides have reached "an impasse," a move that increases the legal jeopardy for President Joe Biden's son.

The request came moments after Attorney General Merrick Garland announced he was upgrading the lead prosecutor in the case, Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss, to a full special counsel and granting him greater independence in the probe of the first family's foreign business dealings.

Weiss' office asked the judge to vacate an order requiring both sides to file legal motions on how to proceed to salvage a plea deal she put on ice last month, concerned the two sides did not fully understand the consequences of the deal.

"The Court’s briefing order is premised on the idea that the parties intend to continue towards a guilty plea ... and diversion in Criminal Action," Weiss' prosecutors wrote. "But that is no longer the case. Following additional negotiations after the hearing held on July 26, 2023, the parties are at an impasse and are not in agreement on either a plea agreement or a diversion agreement.

"Therefore, the Government believes the Court’s briefing order should be vacated," they added.

The plea deal would have spared Hunter Biden prison by having him pleaded to two misdemeanor tax evasion charges and enter a diversion program for a felony gun charge. Without the deal. Hunter Biden could face additional charges and real prison time if convicted,

An impasse, you say, you crooked bastard.

There is no impasse. Take the case to an expeditious TRIAL, starting December 30, 2023.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31473 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Lots of consternation over this.

Weiss' role thus far is one of someone currying favor by giving the sweetheart deal. Garland signed off on Weiss deal.

Weiss said he had all the power he needed, then he didn't. Now he does. Will he use it or abuse it?

Talking heads say this blocks the House from continuing their inquiry and Weiss will run out the clock.

IMO this clouds the end result more than it clears things up.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'll reserve judgement for now. There's no doubt that Merrick Garland will do whatever he can to obstruct justice, but there may be a silver lining to it after all. Everyone kept saying that the congressional investigation was ultimately going to go nowhere, but at least now we have an admission on the part of Garland that there is something to investigate, and that by itself can have an effect on how people view the matter.

We'll see. This may not be as bad as many people think. One thing is for certain- not even Perpetually Lyin' Joe can now say "There's no investigation and no need for an investigation" because it's now coming from his own administration.

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The truth well said

https://babylonbee.com/news/ga...ver-up-bidens-crimes

Garland Appoints Special Counsel To Cover Up Biden's Crimes
Aug 11, 2023 · BabylonBee.com

U.S. — In a press conference today, Attorney General Merrick Garland announced he will be appointing a new special counsel, David C. Weiss, to investigate the Bidens and then cover up all their crimes.

"I have given Mr. Weiss full power and authority to investigate Hunter Biden and the Biden family. We must conduct a thorough investigation so we can know which crimes to sweep under the rug," said Garland. "After a thorough inquiry, Mr. Weiss will be in charge of destroying all evidence, bringing no serious charges, and granting Hunter Biden immunity forever. He is a man of the utmost integrity and I trust him to do this job to the best of his ability."

The new Special Council will be given access to all damning evidence of corruption and bribery against the President, which he will retain and then destroy. All remaining witnesses will then be invited to a surprise paddle-boarding party at the President's beach estate.

Former President Trump, who nominated David Weiss to his DA position in Delaware, reacted on Truth Social, saying: "MILKTOAST GARLAND HAS APPOINTED DAVID WEISS AS 'SPECIAL COUNCIL' TO INVESTIGATE LITTLE HUNTER'S CRIMES AND TRUST ME — WEISS IS NOT EVEN THAT SPECIAL. HE'S A PHONY PROSECUTOR WHO'S BEEN HIRED TO TOTALLY LET THE BIDENS GO FREE! SAD!"

At publishing time, President Biden had thanked the Special Council for his outstanding service to the nation and wired him some bribe money.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16252 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Apparently federal statute requires that Special Counsel be selected from outside the United States government.

Doesn't this guy work for the US government?

Seems to me his appointment isn't legal...not that that matters much to Merrick Himmler.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Impeach Garland