SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 ... 627
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

OK, registered, approved and banned all inside a half hour.
Is that a SIGforum record?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30646 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
It’s only Saturday

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
sometimes i doubt my own sanity

biden: "MAGA House Republican proposals would slash funding for border security – a move that could allow nearly 900 pounds of fentanyl into our country,"

"We need more resources to secure the border. Not less."

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The plain and simple fact of the matter is that Joe Biden is absolutely incapable of telling or even recognizing the truth, and in his fantasy world, he is always right and anyone who opposes him is wrong.

I cannot recall- and I am saying this to you honestly and sincerely- I cannot recall ever, even once, hearing Biden speak the plain truth, on any matter, large or small, significant or inconsequential.

He is, without any doubt, the biggest liar ever to occupy the Presidency.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Indeed, sir.

I'd be surprised if I wasn't so accustomed to the blatant BS. Mad

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
No one gas lights better than he who is thoroughly deluded. It's just hard to beat a nutcase when it comes to both sheer creativity and the ability to keep a straight face when telling an obvious falsehood.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...r-something-n2621135

an article about the ridiculous biden claims that REPs don't want border security.

In the article, it notes the biden tactic of constantly attacking "MAGA" over and over. The DEMs really are nervous about Donald Trump.

"I realize that throwing 'MAGA' onto every idea they oppose is the White House's poll-tested, focus-grouped messaging strategy, but it's been abused and overused to the point that it's meaningless."

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Folks eat up the MAGA stuff

Every video I see on Reddit involving Trump supporters has a title like "MEGA MAGA NAZIS blah blah"

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Folks eat up the MAGA stuff

Every video I see on Reddit involving Trump supporters has a title like "MEGA MAGA NAZIS blah blah"

It seems that when they lost their safe space on Twatter they all moved to Reddit.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

biden: "MAGA House Republican proposals would slash funding for border security – a move that could allow nearly 900 pounds of fentanyl into our country,"

"We need more resources to secure the border. Not less."

It's too early in the morning for that kind of "No, U." In fact... I'm not sure there's a good time of day, but the sentiment stands.

Is it just that I'm old enough to see this stuff now and it's always been this way, or is this era of politics truly just "we'll just totally make shit up, accuse the other side of the bad stuff we're doing and take credit for the good stuff they want to do"? Which is it? I suspect it's a blend of things, but the latter has to account for a greater percentage now than other points in even the recent history of our nation.

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
It seems that when they lost their safe space on Twatter they all moved to Reddit.

LOL. "[M]oved to Reddit." That's rich.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

Is it just that I'm old enough to see this stuff now and it's always been this way, or is this era of politics truly just "we'll just totally make shit up, accuse the other side of the bad stuff we're doing and take credit for the good stuff they want to do"? Which is it? I suspect it's a blend of things, but the latter has to account for a greater percentage now than other points in even the recent history of our nation.

Little of both, today we have immediate access to all things news worthy, and much that isn't, and politicians have direct access to people through social media.

Smart Phones changed how we get information and how we can respond to more than our circle of friends.

Before you just got mad, told you wife and family, maybe a few friends but it didn't outside of your local group.

Now you can bitch about anything, and do it all day, sitting on the throne, in multiple places to reach everyone in the world who wants to read the comments.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Kamala Harris is going on a trip to Africa

She has been working on an appropriate play list of music for her trip

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...p-to-africa-n2621159

Song #1: "Act a Fool"

as biden likes to say, not a joke

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Senator Josh Hawley, questioning DHS Secretary Mayorkas, stated that there’s been a 900% increase in encounters with Chinese nationals, in the Rio Grande Valley this year. Referring to the thread concerning the potential for war with Russia or China, I guess this country needs to understand that a lot of Chinese have slipped into this country under Biden and Mayorkas, and undoubtedly quite a few are CCP members.

YT link

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/stephen-moo...-not-working-n541471

A policy question these days that has befuddled federal lawmakers is why so many millions of people have not returned to the workplace in the post-COVID-19 era. The labor force participation rate among employable adults is near a record low today. There are at least 2 million to 4 million employable adults who could and should be working but aren’t.

Very few people with even minimal skills can credibly say they can’t find a job. Employers report some 10 million job openings. Small business owners say their biggest problem is finding competent workers.

There are many explanations for why so many people aren’t working — fear of COVID-19, the skills mismatch, more people taking early retirement, and so on. But a major factor is that the federal government is back to doing what it did in the 1970s and 1980s. The welfare state today is paying people not to work — even a single hour.

That problem went away in the 1990s after many states, such as Wisconsin and Michigan, began reforming their welfare systems with work requirements. Then-House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) and the Republican Congress in 1996 passed a historic bipartisan welfare reform bill that President Bill Clinton signed into law.

That law required able-bodied welfare recipients to be in a job or training/education program to qualify for welfare assistance. It also placed time limits on welfare so it would not become a way of life.

Few laws in the last half-century have had such stunning success. Here is a quick summary of the impact, as reported by Brookings Institution welfare expert Ron Haskins:

No. 1: Caseloads declined by 60%, and the number of welfare recipients fell to its lowest level since 1969.

No. 2: Between 60% and 70% of those leaving welfare got a job.

No. 3: The child poverty rate fell every year between 1994 and 2000 because parents were working.

No. 4: The federal government saved more than $50 billion (almost $100 billion in today’s dollars).

Despite these stunning successes, President Joe Biden eviscerated all work requirements during COVID-19, and they haven’t returned . The House Ways and Means Committee reports that less than half of Americans collecting welfare benefits today are working. The Biden administration opposes work requirements.

Why? Do they want to make people dependent on the government?

Getting welfare recipients back into the labor force is good for the economy and will reduce government debt. But a pro-work policy is good for those who escape welfare dependency.

Every study shows that having a job is highly associated with better health, longer life expectancy, happiness, and improvements in family conditions. Children and spouses of someone who is working are better off.

There is dignity and a sense of self-worth from working.

America is a rich nation, and we should absolutely have a safety net so that those who fall on tough times, lose a job or become disabled — and that happens to almost all of us at some point in our lives — do not go hungry or homeless or suffer from deprivation.

But welfare is supposed to be temporary and a hand-up, not a handout. The goal of welfare was to end poverty, not perpetuate it.

House Ways and Means Committee Chair Jason Smith (R-MO) said that restoring work for welfare requirements is “a top priority” of his panel. It should be a top priority for our country. Let’s make work, not welfare, pay.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Despite these stunning successes, President Joe Biden eviscerated all work requirements during COVID-19, and they haven’t returned . The House Ways and Means Committee reports that less than half of Americans collecting welfare benefits today are working. The Biden administration opposes work requirements.

Is it just plain time for the Republicans to simply focus on ending the political "existence" of the Zombie-like never-ending Kung Flu Crisis so that we can better deprive Uncah Ho of the arbitrary powers they use so thoughtlessly and ineffectively?

At some point it becomes necessary to ignore the individual symptoms and go after the disease itself if there's going to be any hope of curing the patient.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ly-financial-records

The House Oversight Committee issued subpoenas to banks asking for the Biden family's financial records.

Fox News has confirmed that the Oversight Committee subpoenaed Bank of America, Cathay Bank, JPMorgan Chase, and HSBC USA N.A., as well as former Hunter Biden business associate Mervyn Yan, asking for financial records.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
A bit more info. The Dems are furious.

“House Oversight Committee Republicans are forging ahead in their probe of President Biden and key family members amid howls from Democrats, this time demanding financial information from a host of financial institutions.

The subpoenas came to light during a week when committee staff met with former Joe Biden executive assistant Kathy Chung in a separate probe of the president's handling of classified documents.

It all has top Oversight Democrat Rep. Jamie Raskin of raising alarm about Comer's 'misrepresentations' about the committees aggressive investigatory work.

Fox News confirmed the subpoenas to financial institutions, which include Bank of America, Cathay Bank, JPMorgan Chase, and and other HSBC USA, as did Comer.

The panel also subpoenaed former Hunter Biden associate Mervyn Yan. That comes after the panel last month subpoenaed another Hunter associate, John R. Walker, who wired cash to Biden family members including Beau Biden widow Hallie Biden.

'OversightDems have again disclosed Committee’s subpoenas in a cheap attempt to thwart cooperation from other witnesses,' Comer tweeted Friday. 'No one should be fooled by Ranking Member Raskin’s games. We have the bank records, and the facts are not good for the Biden family.' …” (my emphasis)

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/11950959

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
the committees aggressive investigatory work.

I can see why the dems are pissed. Work like this is supposed to be done by them. It should last a few months, until the story dies down and most people have forgotten it, then just kind of go away with no results.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
A bit more info. The Dems are furious.

But it's perfectly OK to dig through decades of Trump's financial records looking for a crime.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden unveils strictest emissions rule to date in bid to FORCE Americans to switch to electric cars: Staggering new climate plan could mean battery-powered vehicles and trucks make up TWO-THIRDS of sales by 2032

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...tronic-vehicles.html

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post